Hi,

In two seperate international trips recently I was asked if I had an iPad additionnnaly to my portable computer in the same over-shoulder bag. To a specific question I tend to provide a specific answer. So I said no, but was tempted to say something I might regret later. But while traveling I tend to avoid unnecessary problems, Customs people should ajust their questions.
    11-11-12 08:16 AM
    I fly out of Newark airport a lot with my PB. It is always in my carry on and never ever had a problem.
    11-11-12 09:15 AM
    [QUOTE=rarsen;7723286]Hi,

In two seperate international trips recently I was asked if I had an iPad additionnnaly to my portable computer in the same over-shoulder bag. To a specific question I tend to provide a specific answer. So I said no, but was tempted to say something I might regret later. But while traveling I tend to avoid unnecessary problems, Customs people should ajust their questions.[/QUOTE]

Ah, reminds me of the time returning from backcountry skiing in Canada and being asked at Customs why there were TWO of us and THREE pairs of skis. We were tempted to discuss his powers of observations as there were FOUR pairs of skis! We just said that they were for different conditions and drove on through. Another time, I had a headlight out and was asked "do you know you have a headlight out?" To which I wanted to reply "Yup, always pass through customs trying to raise issues!" Instead, I asked if there were a place to pull over as I had a spare and could replace it.

The best was when flying back from Europe. The usual questions about "did anybody pack your bag, how long have you known your traveling companions?" She turned to the other twosome in our party and asked "how long have you known each other?" They were IDENTICAL TWINS!!!! (keep mouth shut and do not laugh out loud!)
    middbrew and anon(3641385) like this.
    11-11-12 10:35 AM
    I've had the same experience as F2. If I also have a laptop with me, I take that out but leave the PB in the case. Have never been questioned.
    11-11-12 02:01 PM
    Since buying the PB at launch, i've traveled through all the airports in Hawaii, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago O'Hare and Washington National and gone through their security lines. Not once did I have to take out the PB from my carryon or backpack. Always remember though that even if it stays in the bag and goes through the scanner the first time, the TSA agents can still tell you to take it out to re-scan in case they "see" something that looks suspicious on the screen the first time through. While waiting in the security lines, I notice a lot of travelers getting caught by forgetting to leave liquids in their bags forcing a removal and re-screen. I notice quite a few travelers too who leave their laptops in their bags and get caught.

Bottom line, it pays to be an informed traveler and know before you go what can and cannot go through security.
    11-11-12 02:23 PM
    Traveled throughout Canada extensively, Australia and New Zealand as well. I just throw it in the tub with my laptop, Ex. Hard drive & Kobo. I don't even bother taking it out of the protective case I use. I haven't gotten any hassles or complaints yet.
    Last edited by rigwrecker; 11-11-12 at 02:35 PM. Reason: stupid punctuation....
    11-11-12 02:33 PM
    When I switched to travelling with just the PB and no laptop but still used the same carrybag , when asked if I had a laptop my reply was 'no, just a tablet', and have not yet been requested to show it.
    Now with the new BB Bridge update and ability to receive your SMS messages on the PB, I use it for the electronic boarding pass so the airport security always see it. Anyway, air travel with the PB is easy. If the airline allows carry-on bags to be dropped off for stowage when you board, I do that and just get on the plane with my PB, and ready to read a book, magazine, review work notes/agendas, or watch a movie!
    11-11-12 02:57 PM
    Off topic: I've had a "near miss" leaving my wallet in a bag. On the other side the xray, my wallet wasnt in the pouch i had placed it. I was about to have a heart attack searching for it when the tsa worker said he moved it to another pocket, which there it was. After the fact, the guy behind me in line understood my grief and told me to always keep my wallet on me, and certainly, now i do.
    11-11-12 04:55 PM
    I don't even take mine out of the bag like my laptop.. never been questioned on it and I've traveled plenty over the U.S. and Canada.
    11-11-12 07:21 PM
    I don't even take mine out of the bag like my laptop.. never been questioned on it and I've traveled plenty over the U.S. and Canada.
    Well, you may have trouble now if the swabbing turns up ONION residue!
    11-11-12 08:33 PM
    Ok well than I shouldn't have any problem. Thanks guys
    11-11-12 08:59 PM
36 12