I got a free galaxy tab 3. First android tablet. My first reaction after a couple days is I just want to go back go my playbook. Is there a guide for transitioning from playbook to android?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:01 PM
    Have had my PlayBook for over a year and a half now and I still travel with it even though the camera and video don't work now courtesy of the error 4003 now but it still gets on the Internet like a champ

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:12 PM
    I got a free galaxy tab 3. First android tablet. My first reaction after a couple days is I just want to go back go my playbook. Is there a guide for transitioning from playbook to android?

Posted via CB10
    Methadone!

I think you just have to get use to the quirks of the new system. I recall the few times I played with an ipad it found it entirely UNintuitive. Same with an Android I used - my friend wanted her icons in HER order on its "home" page but we could not manage it. I guess there was only one order - default. I think now there might be ways of creating another "view" of all the icons.

But in the end, each system has its own way of doing things. Too bad that the pb's seems so natural to many of us but is a DEAD END due to bb's inability to move it forward.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-11-13 10:27 PM
    the question is what do you want to know?
    08-12-13 01:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a Nexus 7. I use the Nova Launcher and don't have any real difficulty maneuvering. Yes I still try the Blackberry swipe from time to time but I have learned to use the back arrow and the other two icons. Don't know why you would need a guide but then the Nexus doesn't have the Samsung skin. Assume you are talking about the 7 or 8" versions.
    08-12-13 02:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, dude; that is like you want to go back cycling from your Ferrari.

Enviado desde mi BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps usando Tapatalk 2
    08-12-13 09:28 AM
    Maybe some smart android Dev can build a playbook skin for Android.

I guess I find it unintuitive. I hope someone will one day take the time to map out all the navigating steps in android to the same way that activity is performed in playbook.

Posted via CB10
    Creaulx likes this.
    08-12-13 10:54 AM
    I bought a Kindle for my daughter and it just reinforced the lesson that my Playbook is the device I will continue to use. If you're missing functionality on your Playbook, my advice is to go through any tutorials you can find and just keep on with your Galaxy until it becomes familiar to you.
    08-12-13 11:37 AM
    I used Android first, then went to PlayBook. Just give it a little time to learn. Android now is quick, smooth, with a wealth of apps and is a really nice system that works well in a way that PB never did. Email actually works completely in all it's iterations. When my PB battery dies, it'll be back to Android for me. RIM is now getting what it deserves.
    08-12-13 12:22 PM
    I'll buy your android tab if you don't want it
    08-12-13 01:28 PM
    Every time I use my PB, I get frustrated enough that I want to pitch it out the nearest open window due to the thing freezing up and the poor wi-fi performance. Then I remember using my son's cheapie Android Lenovo tab and come back to give it another chance.

When wi-fi is good, the PB is great. The lousy keyboard and the horrendous copy/pasting text are my two single biggest gripes with it. I can (mostly) live without apps, still love the speakers, the HDMI out, the 64GB of space etc etc. but the list of annoyances that are simple software fixes is growing longer every time I use it.

I know I should probably go have a look at the Nexus 7, but I just don't want to go to the dark side. I'm sticking with the PB for another year, or until a really good contender comes along. So far that hasn't happened.
    08-12-13 02:29 PM
    Yeah, your Sammy is running their TouchWiz interface, so pure android (Nexus/GED) tips won't help you. I've never owned a Samsung device.
    08-12-13 02:39 PM
    touchwiz....wtf is that? maybe this thread should be moved to the android fansite.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:24 PM