I have no problem getting music from my (SD in my) 9810, but the playlists don't transfer over. Is there a way to get the playlists to transfer as well without having to recreate them?
    11-13-12 01:20 PM
    I have no problem getting music from my (SD in my) 9810, but the playlists don't transfer over. Is there a way to get the playlists to transfer as well without having to recreate them?
    I don't recall the format of the playlists from bb phones. But try just copying them over the the main music folder and see if they work. You can look inside one as they are plain text and see if there is SPECIFIC path info on the location of the music file. If NOT, they may work if you just copy them.
    11-13-12 02:49 PM
    If your music is in windows Media player or iTunes, the simplest way is to use the media sync via BB Desktop Manger. This is how I handle the music. You can sync all, by artist, by album, by song, or by playlist. If you have a large collection, keep an eye on the space available.
    11-13-12 06:51 PM
    Unfortunately, I just copied all my music files from a hard drive onto the SD cart without using Windows Media or iTunes. I then created a few playlists directly on my 9810 on a long flight. I'd like to get those playlists onto my Playbook.
    11-14-12 02:57 PM
    I've been playing with this a lot recently due to my BB 9900 having to be restored. Using my W7 laptop and either Windows Media Sync or just Windows Explorer and copyi/paste the music files worked fine for the music, but did not correctly copy the playlists into a readable format on the BB 9900. But as suggested above, when I used the BB Desktop software, everything worked perfectly, including playlists and images. But, unless I've forgotten something, simply using Windows Explorer copy/paste to my PlayBook's music directory worked fine for both music and playlists. Maybe it's because the PB software is more advanced (approaching BB10). But using the BB Desktop software will certainly work for moving music and playlists between a BB and the PlayBook. I've found the Desktop software to be a bit more confusing than either W Media Sync or copy/paste, but maybe that's me. by the way, in restoring my music and playlists to the BB 9900, I used the phone's internal memory, vs. the SD card. That has caused music to sometimes freeze and crash the phone. I'm guessing there are some bad sectors (or whatever - I'm not real technical) on the phone's internal memory, which haven't been corrected by the phone's Repair function. I'm planning to move the music back to the SD card.
    11-14-12 04:31 PM