I downloaded some books on Calibre in mobi. format. I would like to read them on my Kindle app., but I can't figure out how. They show up on Book Reader, but I would prefer to read them on Kindle - Book Reader's page turning doesn't seem to respond as smoothly as Kindle. So, basically, how do I get them from wherever they are stored to Kindle?
    05-20-12 04:42 PM
    Sorry I can't help you with that but wondered if you have Book Reader's "Page Flipper" setting set to "Instant." I found it to lag a bit until I changed it. Hopefully someone will jump in soon to help you with your Kindle question.
    05-20-12 04:59 PM
    One way or another use a file manager on your computer to navigate on the pb to:

\\media\misc\android\kindle and place your MOBI files in there. You will need to find them on your computer but I believe that you can get Calibre to "open file location" or "folder" or whatever. You will have to have already stripped off any drm.
    05-20-12 05:25 PM
    Drop the mobi files into / sdcard / kindle
    05-20-12 06:14 PM
    Drop the mobi files into / sdcard / kindle
    Would that be found on PB or PC?
    05-20-12 11:11 PM
    One way or another use a file manager on your computer to navigate on the pb to:

\\media\misc\android\kindle and place your MOBI files in there. You will need to find them on your computer but I believe that you can get Calibre to "open file location" or "folder" or whatever. You will have to have already stripped off any drm.
    What would be a good file manager?
    05-20-12 11:13 PM
    The Calibre files (in mobi.) are stored in a directory called Library - subdir will be the authors name. If you are using Kindle, then set up USB. Although it says that the battery is charging etc. leave it at that point. When you open Calibre the will be a button on the top line icons to "send to device" . click and it will transfer. Make sure that you select Kindle device as the default first
    05-20-12 11:31 PM
    What would be a good file manager?
    I meant something like Windows Explorer or a Mac equivalent. You then connect with with the usb and locate that folder on the pb or use wifi sharing to locate it and copy the files using drag/drop.

The pb should show up as a drive or network object so you can move/copy files to it from your main computer.

I guess you could email the files as attachments and download them and then use Air Browser (free in app world) on the pb to move the file(s) to the appropriate folder but that is more complex.
    05-20-12 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD