Hey everyone!
    hoping someone can help me out. On my laptop I downloaded books from piratebay. I would now like to transfer those books to my playbook. How do I do this? I tried adding them to the files area when I have my playbook plugged into my laptop but that didn't work.
    Please advise!
    11-28-12 05:04 PM
    I'd recommend you obtain those books from a legal source.
    11-28-12 05:28 PM
    If we deal with books you own, you need to know the format of those books and find a reader app that can read that format. The included Kobo app can only read books that are downloaded directly from the kobo site to the pb. Even if you download those books to a kobo app on your computer, they canNOT be merely copied over - they must be downloaded from kobo.
    11-28-12 05:43 PM
    A number of ways are available.... Dropbox would work, the app and/or using a file management app like Files & Folders.
    11-28-12 06:03 PM
    Your source choice aside. Epubs can be imported from any folder you move them onto on the playbook. This can be done via usb or wifi. Plenty of info on file transfer on this site, just earch the forum. Plenty of epub reader app options. as well.

If you sideload android Kindle then you needto move mobi files into the misc/android/Kindle dir.
    11-28-12 06:04 PM
    Hey everyone!
    hoping someone can help me out. On my laptop I downloaded books from piratebay. I would now like to transfer those books to my playbook. How do I do this? I tried adding them to the files area when I have my playbook plugged into my laptop but that didn't work.
    Please advise!
    Depends what app you're using to read the books.

The Kindle app (which can be sideloaded) will only open .mobi file books. If you use the Book Reader app (available in BB World) you can drag/drop epub format books into it.

When you plug your PB into your computer, open the "books" file and just drag and drop your books into it as long as you're using the native Book Reader app with proper epub format. If you've decided to use the Kindle app, once it's sideloaded, you'll go to the "misc" file, click and open it, click and open the "android" file, find the "kindle" file, open it and then drag/drop your .mobi books into it.

If you're having trouble with the book formats, Calibre calibre - E-book management is an excellent software to download to your computer to help change book formats to the proper one you're needing. I use it quite often with only happy results.
    11-28-12 07:26 PM
    thank you so much! my problem was the converting! you rock!
    12-08-12 01:50 PM
    Books can also be put on the PlayBook thru an attachment in an email
    12-08-12 07:54 PM