Transfer pictures from my camera using the micro usb port??

Thanks!
    05-24-11 02:05 PM
    Not currently, unfortunately. Something I am eagerly awaiting.
    05-24-11 02:06 PM
    Only way to transfer pictures from your camera to the Playbook is by loading them on your computer and then dragging and dropping. I always create a new folder in pictures so I can find them later. ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 02:17 PM
    I wish, that is one of the reasons I bought my PB for, so I wouldnt have to lug my laptop everywhere. Is there any rumor for anything in the works for this?
    05-24-11 02:27 PM
    one potential way to get that working is to use a wifi sd-card and hopefully we'll be able to browser to network drives from the playbook soon and that should solve the problem...but immediately there is not solution
    05-24-11 02:52 PM
    Dont know if this would work

Direct Mode: instant uploads | Eye-Fi
    05-24-11 02:56 PM
    A RIM representative indicated a few weeks ago, in a developer conference call, that they would _consider_ enabling USB On-The-Go support for the Playbook, but it wasn't any sort of definite commitment and there wasn't even a hint of a time frame for when (if ever) it might happen. The hardware is apparently already in place, it just needs an OS update to support it. Since USB OTG includes host mode support, we should be able to connect card readers via an adapter cable if USB OTG is ever supported by the OS.

As a photographer, that's one of my "most wanted" features too, but if it ever happens - and I suspect that it will, eventually, if only because Android 3.1 is going to support it and RIM will need to remain competitive - then I don't think it'll be any time soon. Playbook users have a huge number of OS updates and core apps on their collective "wish list." RIM is likely to want to address those that are most important to large business users (their core audience) first, then those that are likely to be widely popular with consumers. USB OTG support is only important to those of us who need to connect the Playbook directly to non-wifi devices, and while I wish it wasn't so, I suspect that we're a minority in the market.
    kaulds likes this.
    05-24-11 03:04 PM
    I have had success turning on wifi-sharing and copying files from my desktop to my playbook. Any device that can see SMB shares can do this.
    05-24-11 06:59 PM
    What you have described is not at all the same thing as uploading photos directly from the camera to the PlayBook, something that is not an option at the moment.
    05-24-11 07:18 PM
    Please put the subject in the thread header.
    05-24-11 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD