hey, i have movies on my 9700/os6, can i transfer them to my playbook via bluetooth?
    12-07-11 11:46 AM
    hey, i have movies on my 9700/os6, can i transfer them to my playbook via bluetooth?
    Yes. however the way I've done it is with an app called File browser which is a paid app. I use it all the time and like it much better than Air Browser which is free. There is a cut and paste function that allows this. I dono of a free way to do this but perhaps someone else knows more than I.
    12-07-11 11:57 AM
    As indicated - with 3rd party apps.

The pb does not support normal bt transfers between it and other devices.
    12-07-11 12:25 PM
    depending, I've actually been able to play movies off my phone on my PlayBook, saves memory. Thinking of getting a 32gb memory card.
    12-07-11 04:06 PM
    depending, I've actually been able to play movies off my phone on my PlayBook, saves memory. Thinking of getting a 32gb memory card.
    Can you explain what you do to play the movies from the phone?

Edited to add: There is a PHONE app called WifiTransfer. It works using IP addressing and shows your phone's Internal Memory and SD card in a Browser window on your computer or on your PB. It is hard on the pb since you need to scroll left/right to see the entire pane(page) and to scroll the folder you are seeing requires trying to use a very narrow scrollbar (think of the scroll bar at the right side of your Browser window but think quite narrow). And with that application, you can actually play ONE mp3 at a time - no playlist, no folder, just ONE mp3. You can then play another single mp3. It does NOT work with Video.
    Last edited by F2; 12-07-11 at 06:29 PM.
    12-07-11 04:54 PM
    Just bumping an old thread to see if there have been any other apps or changes to the Playbook's BT transfer protocol. I am presuming that for the latter portion of my statement, the answer is no.

My scenario:
    I received a file via my phone's BB this evening and I wanted to see if I could "open on Playbook" or send via BT to the Playbook. Unfortunately, no such command as "open on Playbook" exists when I select the video on my phone. And I'm running into an error message that says: "File Transfer Error, Failed to Find Device" although I can select my Playbook via the BT pop up window that appears when trying to send the video to the device.

If you cant do this natively using RIM's software, are there any other new apps that have appeared that allows for this?
    08-04-12 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD