I bought a new/used 64GB PlayBook, last Thursday. Just wondering if there is a way to transfer all my photos, music and files to the new PlayBook from my 32GB.

On the Z10 there is a device switch feature. But can't seem to find one on the PlayBook. I was hoping that after backing up the 32GB PlayBook on BlackBerry Link. Then hooking up the 64GB PlayBook there would be an option to transfer the files.

The Apps are fine I just need to re-install from the BlackBerry App Store. Which is still slightly annoying.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    09-16-13 10:10 AM
    Uh, just restore an old backup to your new playbook
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 10:27 AM
    Uh, just restore an old backup to your new playbook
    Above works. But depending on when your last backup was, you may have "new" data or such which was not captured in the last backup. Just plug the 32 gb unit to pc, copy what you want to some destination (ie desktop folder), and then plug in your 64gb unit and drag/drop the files from the 32 to the 64.

Easy peasy......

c
    09-16-13 11:00 AM
    Above works. But depending on when your last backup was, you may have "new" data or such which was not captured in the last backup. Just plug the 32 gb unit to pc, copy what you want to some destination (ie desktop folder), and then plug in your 64gb unit and drag/drop the files from the 32 to the 64.

Easy peasy......

c
    Ok, he can just backup his old playbook then restore the data to the new one.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 11:10 AM
    Don't rely on desktop software or BBlink to save and restore your data. Its not very reliable in my experience. Be sure to back up anything you can't lose manually.
    Never had trouble with the softaware backups and restoring to BB pones but the PB is a different experience
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 11:48 AM
    When we backup, does it bring also all downloaded/bought apps?
    09-16-13 12:03 PM
    I'd agree with Chaddface. You can backup your apps and settings and then restore these, but I'd transfer media manually. Manual transfers of data tends to be quicker anyway, and you very well may be able to do this in one step, i.e. a direct transfer from one PB to the other rather than transferring from PB1 to PC and then to PB2.
    FF22 and Carl Estes like this.
    09-16-13 12:09 PM
    When we backup, does it bring also all downloaded/bought apps?
    Yes, all apps get backed up except sideloaded apps.
    09-16-13 12:10 PM
    Thanks, for the ideas .... Not sure way BlackBerry Link isn't restoring my old backup on the new PlayBook. The restore method worked on the BlackBerry Desktop Software from my old 16GB to the 32GB awhile back.

But this time I used the drag and drop method that was suggested, works good.

Thanks again ....
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 03:47 PM