did any one else recieve ther playbook ,ordered 2 on nov 26, order was saying shipped on the 6th of dec, money was tken off credit card on the 8th have called about 4-6 times and getting run aeound f how there is no tracking number , and that it should of been here by monday , told them i would be cancelling said i ws not able to as it is in transit ,,,,,,,,,,,,AT MY WITS END
    12-14-11 09:40 PM
    did any one else recieve ther playbook ,ordered 2 on nov 26, order was saying shipped on the 6th of dec, money was tken off credit card on the 8th have called about 4-6 times and getting run aeound f how there is no tracking number , and that it should of been here by monday , told them i would be cancelling said i ws not able to as it is in transit ,,,,,,,,,,,,AT MY WITS END
    I think you have bigger things to worry about other than a Playbook.
    12-14-11 10:03 PM
    order from vancouver bc, still didnt get the pb, the last communication, from canada post, it say already in vancouver. but i call canada post, they said they dont have the package. they put me on investigation. now, i think maybe this pb sale is a hoax, just advertisement tactics? no wonder someone sue RIM for this PB sale. this is all bull****.
    12-14-11 10:49 PM
    First post here although I've been lurking since I ordered a playbook from shopblackberry.com.
    Here's my order timeline:
    29 Nov placed order for Playbook for $199 (hadn't heard about the $10 discount) A confirmation email was received right away. A few days later my order status changed to "shipped" when I logged in to SBB.

5 Dec Called the number provided in this forum and the rep said it would actually ship that day.

8 Dec (today) I got an email stating my order had shipped with a USPS tracking link. The link shows it as received in Winston-Salem NC on the 7th, with delivery estimated for the 10th. Don't know why it takes 3 days to go less than 100 miles.

I also entered the tracking number at UPS and they report receiving the package on the 5th (the day the SBB rep said it would ship) and transferring it to the USPS in Greensboro on the 7th.

So far I really don't have any problem with Shopblackberry.com. They said there would be delays due to the holiday sales volume and they told the truth when I inquired about the shipping status by phone. I am also thankful that they continued to take orders after every other retailer seemed to be sold out with most saying "in-store only" with all area stores reporting "out of stock". There was quite a lag in receiving the shipment notice but it was in time for me to anticipate the arrival date.

I'll post an update if there is any problem actually receiving the Playbook.

Brad
    Mine finally arrived today. After UPS transferred it to USPS in Greensboro, nothing happened for 6 days, then there was an update yesterday that it was sorted in Greensboro and today it went out for delivery. Happily it arrived in perfect condition. We're trying it out now!
    12-14-11 11:12 PM
    Hi all, I think I may have the most unusual situation yet. I ordered my 32 gb Playbook way back Nov 24th, received 2 emails stating confirmed and then with Tracking number.

Dec.2nd I phoned and was told it had been shipped out Dec.1st. On Dec.11th, it wasn't listed in Canada Post tracking list. Dec.12th it was there and Canada Post had listed for delivery yesterday Dec.13th - which came and went.

I phoned Canada Post asking if it would be delivered today as I've been staying close to home in case the PB was delivered. Upon checking further, they said they had no such parcel for me..... I asked how they had a Tracking number listed and was told that BlackBerry had sent them the electronic shipping details but no parcel as of yet.

They suggested I phone Blackberry and discuss it with them (they also told me that Blackberry had to now contact Canada Post as they were the senders)

At BlackBerry (fellow named Relando) I was told it had been shipped but they didn't know any more than that. I asked if they would try to track it down and he said they could put a track thing on it. "Great" I said ("ah crap" is what I was thinking) He then told me he'd get back to me in about 24 hours.

Not sure if my Playbook is crushed at the bottom of a pile of parcels in a USPS truck somewhere - maybe its lying on the train tracks somewhere between here and the East Coast. Not all that happy about the way things have gone - I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get the thing or it will be eventfully delivered to me - crushed up in a little box -
    Last edited by BGK; 12-15-11 at 12:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    12-15-11 12:31 AM
    told them i would be cancelling said i ws not able to as it is in transit
    Ok, once again another lie from SBBCA.

I've have given up and HAVE got my money back. It is easy. Here is a step by step action to take:

1. Make sure you have your tracking number in front of you.
    2. Call your credit card company (number of the back of your card) and say you want the dispute department
    3. Now tell them you would like to dispute a charge for a failed delivery. Package was supposed to arrive in 5 to 7 days.
    4. Make sure you tell them you have a tracking number or they will make you wait 30 days from the time of shipping to process your request. They will warn you that doing this will hurt your business relationship with this company for future sales. LOL Like we are going to be that stup1d to order again from these people.
    5. When you are finished with the credit card guy, takes about 10 minutes (and be nice to this person they are fighting for you now) you instantly have the charge off your card.
    6. Now it is up to SBBCA to prove that they have delivered it to you.
    7. 90 days later the charge stays off your card.

So now you have two options: 1. if the package does finally show up and you still want it, call the credit card company back and say that the package was delivered and to cancel your claim (make sure you call them and don't make them call you). OR 2. ignore all further communication from SBBCA and go on like you never ordered from them. This doesn't get your PlayBook but it does put your mind to ease that you have your money back and they have an unpaid for PlayBook floating around in nomans land somewhere.
    smith543 likes this.
    12-15-11 03:32 AM
    The reason why such a lot of Canadians are still waiting for there PB's is because of the way SBB shipped a large number of orders to Canada.

As far as i can see it went like this.

SBB boxed up 1000's of PB's headed for Canada regardless of weather you had paid for express shipping, and sent them via, say UPS to Buffalo NY, to the wherehouse of a company called Frontier Distributing.

Then Frontier take them from Buffalo ( probably by truck ) over the Canadian boarder ( with all the hold ups for customs ect ) to there base in Ft Erie Ontario, there they re labeled each box and sent it out by Canada post ( 2nd class no signature cheapo post ).

So they have been handled by 2 different carriers, and it seems Frontier were very slow in feeding back any tracking numbers.

All in all a real mess for a lot of people in Canada including myself who were in the dark about where our PB's are/were for a long time.
    smith543 likes this.
    12-15-11 07:07 AM
    I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to receive an email from shopbb. They sent my 2nd playbook via FedEx and it's scheduled to deliver today! Also, my back ordered Best Buy playbook also shipped to deliver today as well!
    12-15-11 08:38 AM
    yesi do have bigger things to worry about is how do i tell my boys their Christmas give has not arrived due to the incompetence of SBB , like they will understand that ...being a single mom i saved all year to have this happen ,now 1 week before Christmas and i don't have a gift for them
    12-15-11 10:15 AM
    yesi do have bigger things to worry about is how do i tell my boys their Christmas give has not arrived due to the incompetence of SBB , like they will understand that ...being a single mom i saved all year to have this happen ,now 1 week before Christmas and i don't have a gift for them
    I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles you've had, but I'm sure they will arrive soon. Everybody's are starting to deliver around this time. Just hang in there.
    12-15-11 10:19 AM
    Hi all, I think I may have the most unusual situation yet. I ordered my 32 gb Playbook way back Nov 24th, received 2 emails stating confirmed and then with Tracking number.

Dec.2nd I phoned and was told it had been shipped out Dec.1st. On Dec.11th, it wasn't listed in Canada Post tracking list. Dec.12th it was there and Canada Post had listed for delivery yesterday Dec.13th - which came and went.

I phoned Canada Post asking if it would be delivered today as I've been staying close to home in case the PB was delivered. Upon checking further, they said they had no such parcel for me..... I asked how they had a Tracking number listed and was told that BlackBerry had sent them the electronic shipping details but no parcel as of yet.

They suggested I phone Blackberry and discuss it with them (they also told me that Blackberry had to now contact Canada Post as they were the senders)

At BlackBerry (fellow named Relando) I was told it had been shipped but they didn't know any more than that. I asked if they would try to track it down and he said they could put a track thing on it. "Great" I said ("ah crap" is what I was thinking) He then told me he'd get back to me in about 24 hours.

Not sure if my Playbook is crushed at the bottom of a pile of parcels in a USPS truck somewhere - maybe its lying on the train tracks somewhere between here and the East Coast. Not all that happy about the way things have gone - I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get the thing or it will be eventfully delivered to me - crushed up in a little box -
    In vancouver as well and had the EXACT same experience.. I've order from shop bb before, but this is absolutely disappointing. Anyone else on the northwest coast having the same issues?
    12-15-11 06:49 PM
    I am sorry to hear that. I do hope that you get them before Christmas. I just received a tracking number for my order and it says the expected delivery date is the 22nd. I hope I receive it before Christmas also.
    12-15-11 07:01 PM
    I just received a tracking number for my order and it says the expected delivery date is the 22nd. I hope I receive it before Christmas also.
    Yeah, hope that too. God bless!
    12-15-11 07:09 PM
    Received an email today from Order Support at ShopBlackberry.com (Evelia G.)
    she told her records show my order is at Canada Post and i should go to my nearest Post Office and check.

As I said in previous posts Canada Post does show my order as delivery set for Dec.13th however it turns out they only have the electronic notice from Blackberry not the actual parcel and Canada Post says no parcel has been scanned in.

They told me to tell Blackberry to contact Canada Post to initiate a track between sender and receiver (Blackberry to Canada Post) for some frustrating reason Blackberry seems to be reluctant to do this - leaving me in limbo.

I sent them another email tonight stating again what Canada Post wants them to do in order to find out what happened to my 32 gb Playbook. I can only hope someone at ShopBlackberry will find the time to do it. It should be standard procedure when a parcel is lost between companies.

I do understand that stuff can get lost but the reluctance to do anything about it absolutely amazes me. It's certainly no way to run a mail order business.
    12-15-11 08:20 PM
    Received an email today from Order Support at ShopBlackberry.com (Evelia G.)
    she told her records show my order is at Canada Post and i should go to my nearest Post Office and check.

As I said in previous posts Canada Post does show my order as delivery set for Dec.13th however it turns out they only have the electronic notice from Blackberry not the actual parcel and Canada Post says no parcel has been scanned in.

They told me to tell Blackberry to contact Canada Post to initiate a track between sender and receiver (Blackberry to Canada Post) for some frustrating reason Blackberry seems to be reluctant to do this - leaving me in limbo.

I sent them another email tonight stating again what Canada Post wants them to do in order to find out what happened to my 32 gb Playbook. I can only hope someone at ShopBlackberry will find the time to do it. It should be standard procedure when a parcel is lost between companies.

I do understand that stuff can get lost but the reluctance to do anything about it absolutely amazes me. It's certainly no way to run a mail order business.
    The company that is mailing out the Playbooks in Canada is Frontier Distribution of Ft Eire Ontario.

The Playbooks destined for Canada were transshipped over the us/Canadian boarder from Buffalo NY and then sent by Frontier by Canada post.

My tracking said " order received by Canada post " for 8 solid days, turns out this means Canada post received an electronic notification of your Playbooks arrival at the sorting center, but it was not actually there yet !!!!

In the end my PB missed its cut off date for its intended delivery and was a day late.

It is a sloppy and badly organized system SBB have used to get the Playbooks to Canada, and it was used because they were in a blind panic.

And what a mess it has turned out to be eh ?
    12-15-11 08:44 PM
    BGK:

Cogsinister has it right, the playbooks are on a truck going to your local postal sorting station and the Canada post tracking will not be meaningful until the truck reaches the sorting station and it is scanned as received.

My package is in the same situation, waiting to be delivered to a sorting station, delivery expected Dec 18th, a Sunday. Not likely I get it on a Sunday.

update:

Item was processed at the postal facility, 5:22pm. At least I know it is in the country, but 1,700km away. Unless they put it on a plane, it is not likely I get it until Monday.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-15-11 at 09:07 PM.
    12-15-11 08:58 PM
    Got mine on the 14th. Once Canada post received my item, I finally got a tracking email (once it reached Winnipeg, 4 hours away from me.)

It was originally slated for the 11th, but it got rescheduled as it "arrived to the sorting department past cutoff."

As expected, it showed up on the 14th and all was well. This was ordered on December 1st. It was a 16gb playbook.

This will probably irritate some of you that have ordered earlier, and I understand how completely crappy that is. I just figured I should share my shipping experience as well.
    12-15-11 09:04 PM
    BGK:

Cogsinister has it right, the playbooks are on a truck going to your local postal sorting station and the Canada post tracking will not be meaningful until the truck reaches the sorting station and it is scanned as received.

My package is in the same situation, waiting to be delivered to a sorting station, delivery expected Dec 18th, a Sunday. Not likely I get it on a Sunday.
    Thanks guys (cogsinister and robsteve) I feel a little less stressed by this and it is good to know that I can still have faith that my PB is on a truck trundling along (somewhere) headed to the Vancouver Post Office. I do hope that we will all get our Playbooks before Christmas at least.
    12-15-11 09:07 PM
    looks like they updated my shipping status now
    12-15-11 09:14 PM
    just check my canada post website tracking number , it say 2011/12/15 23:31 VANCOUVER Item processed at local delivery facility

so i guess my package not in limbo anymore, it already in the local post office. it got scanned.
    12-16-11 03:59 AM
    I recieved my PB today... but instead of receiving the 64gb model I had order, they shipped me a 16gb version instead... sooo annoyed and frustrated.. first the delay and now this.. I have a feeling next i'm going to be arguing over paying to return the one they shipped me.

Oh well, at least I still have my health and family... Merry christmas everyone. lol
    12-16-11 12:23 PM
    I recieved my PB today... but instead of receiving the 64gb model I had order, they shipped me a 16gb version instead... sooo annoyed and frustrated.. first the delay and now this.. I have a feeling next i'm going to be arguing over paying to return the one they shipped me.

Oh well, at least I still have my health and family... Merry christmas everyone. lol
    You need a $200 refund fast !!
    12-16-11 12:35 PM
    My second order came in today.

Looks like there is a 11 days shipping window. 9 or 10 days before hits Canada Post tracking.

Hey Cogsinister, how is the new PB? Got it on the Beta OS and rooted yet? LOL
    12-16-11 12:40 PM
    My second order came in today.

Looks like there is a 11 days shipping window. 9 or 10 days before hits Canada Post tracking.

Hey Cogsinister, how is the new PB? Got it on the Beta OS and rooted yet? LOL
    My PB is great no beta os for me and rooting is OUT !!!!

I want it to stay working.

12-16-11 12:50 PM
    Hey ... got my PB this morning (9am) Busy now confusing the heck out of myself - it's always good to learn something new. (I ordered a 32 gb and they sent a 32 gb thank god)
    12-16-11 07:07 PM
400 ... 141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD