Hi, I am new here.

I just ordered a 16GB Playbook from ca.shopblackberry.com for $199 and already got the confirmation email with order confirmation number.

When I bought from the website, I purchased as a guest instead of a creating a new account. And now, I can't seem to track my order status as its only available for a registered customer.

So, how can I track the order? And how long does it take for the Playbook to be shipped?

TQ
    11-26-11 01:19 AM
    they will send the you a email when they fulfill your order. it said it will take 1-2 handling days for shipping out.
    11-26-11 01:27 AM
    they will send the you a email when they fulfill your order. it said it will take 1-2 handling days for shipping out.
    so i just can't track the order status yet?
    11-26-11 01:30 AM
    I purchased one on Thursday from that site and I also received the confirmation email but haven't received a shipping email yet. I tried calling them and there wasn't a dial tone for their number, kinda weird. I also tried to track my order and it wasn't there. I'm really upset that I purchased from that website.
    11-26-11 02:33 PM
    We will all get shipping info via email no later the Monday, I'm sure. In that e-mail will be the shipping method (Fed Ex or The Big Brown Truck) and a tracking number. Relax peoples, if you bought from RIM, you're in good hands.
    11-26-11 02:50 PM
    So RIM and shopblackberry.com are the same thing? Sorry that's a really dumb question I know but I'm new to all of this.
    11-26-11 02:53 PM
    It says that but in the description it has this.

So you will get an e-mail when you get one...
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 11-26-11 at 03:53 PM.
    11-26-11 03:48 PM
    So RIM and shopblackberry.com are the same thing? Sorry that's a really dumb question I know but I'm new to all of this.
    Yes, you can buy RIM products straight from them at shopblackberry.com.
    11-26-11 03:49 PM
    I purchased one on Thursday from that site and I also received the confirmation email but haven't received a shipping email yet. I tried calling them and there wasn't a dial tone for their number, kinda weird. I also tried to track my order and it wasn't there. I'm really upset that I purchased from that website.
    Orders for ShopBlackBerry.com are shipped from a distribution warehouse located in the United States of America and the Thanksgiving Day Holiday began. Orders will likely be processed starting Monday morning. If you are upset you purchased directly from the manufacturer, decided not to register to enable order tracking, and are an impatient instant gratification focused person, please cancel your order and stop b-itching dude or dudette. This community does not need your whining when the fault lays at your feet. By the way, when you order from BestBuy.com do you receive immediate shipping notification? Nope.
    emknc and hackerguy like this.
    11-26-11 03:57 PM
    You admit to being "new to all this" so why jump down the throat of Research In Motion which is the owner of BlackBerry Online Store | Country Selector. Seriously, go outside and enough the fine weekend weather. The tablet will be in your hands within a few days. Your father or mother needs to put you over their lap and spank you until you cry.
    emknc and hackerguy like this.
    11-26-11 04:01 PM
    Orders for ShopBlackBerry.com are shipped from a distribution warehouse located in the United States of America and the Thanksgiving Day Holiday began. Orders will likely be processed starting Monday morning. If you are upset you purchased directly from the manufacturer, decided not to register to enable order tracking, and are an impatient instant gratification focused person, please cancel your order and stop b-itching dude or dudette. This community does not need your whining when the fault lays at your feet. By the way, when you order from BestBuy.com do you receive immediate shipping notification? Nope.
    You admit to being "new to all this" so why jump down the throat of Research In Motion which is the owner of BlackBerry Online Store | Country Selector. Seriously, go outside and enough the fine weekend weather. The tablet will be in your hands within a few days. Your father or mother needs to put you over their lap and spank you until you cry.
    Wow.. angry? both of those people are quite obviously newbies to blackberry related stuff and not ******** at all from what I see.. he/she was ASKING if shop blackberry was owned by rim.. I cant say ive ever tried to contact anyone AT shopblackberry but if i ordered something online and then called only to get a dial tone or something I might have a few concerns and try and find some answers on a site like this to.. actually I woulda done a bit of research first to avoid angry trolls...
    Im still new here but Im glad you weren't my welcoming committy lol try being constructive.
    11-26-11 04:25 PM
    We will all get shipping info via email no later the Monday, I'm sure. In that e-mail will be the shipping method (Fed Ex or The Big Brown Truck) and a tracking number. Relax peoples, if you bought from RIM, you're in good hands.
    thanks for the info, will wait for the shipping email
    11-26-11 05:05 PM
    Wow.. angry? both of those people are quite obviously newbies to blackberry related stuff and not ******** at all from what I see.. he/she was ASKING if shop blackberry was owned by rim.. I cant say ive ever tried to contact anyone AT shopblackberry but if i ordered something online and then called only to get a dial tone or something I might have a few concerns and try and find some answers on a site like this to.. actually I woulda done a bit of research first to avoid angry trolls...
    Im still new here but Im glad you weren't my welcoming committy lol try being constructive.
    It was whining plain and simple. Instant gratification in play no doubt by the OP. I was not being rude. I was stating facts which were already on the record from the OP's own postings to the forum. I do not want to chase away new BlackBerry PlayBook users and do my best to encourage them to see beyond the negativity in the media and some of our own forum members' rantings. If the order had been placed two weeks ago and no sign of the shipment by last Friday, the person would rightly be upset with the experience. However, the order was apparently made on Thursday and the fulfillment centre is located in a country which celebrates Thanksgiving in late November, yet the person was upset he/she had not received an update on their order. I am quite certain he/she will be updated within a few days and probably receive the tablet before next weekend.

Oh I admit that my sarcastic nature sometimes get the better of me but I am not going to intentionally discourage new forum members. By the way, belated welcome to you.
    emknc likes this.
    11-26-11 05:07 PM
    They may have been a BIT hasty but re reading the 2 posts I still see more genuine concern rather then whining lol I dunno.. I was lucky enough to grab the last 16g Pb from Bell here and I did order a 32g from rim earlier today... I can say that if i didnt already have one in hand I would be anxious enough to poke around at a place like this and hunt for some answers to satisfy my impatient brain even IF I pretty much knew what was up lol and I didnt even know RIMs dis facility was in the states.. I figured it would be here. and thx for the welcome lawl
    dtgrl22 likes this.
    11-26-11 05:24 PM
    I also ordered from shopblackberry.com onnthe morning of Thanksgiving here in the US. After almost a whole day went by yesterday, I called their customer service to get a better idea of the status on my order. When I went to check it, it said received, but I did not receive any notifications other then the one email confirming my order. So after an hour of calling their customer service and waiting on the the line for the next available rep, I finally got a hold of someone. They explained to me that the status of my order is actually in "Processing" and everything is completed by priority. Since I opted for the free shipping, "It's going to take 5-7 businessdays before [my] order will be shipped, at which time [I] will receive notification on shipping along with the tracking details."

so I gotta wait untill about the end of the coming week to hear how long it will take to get my PB. I'm more anxious then anything, but trying to remind myself that I've waited this long just to order it. It's been ordered and it'll be on its way. Either way I am getting one now. Just excited and can't wait for it!
    kccman likes this.
    11-26-11 05:49 PM
    It was whining plain and simple. Instant gratification in play no doubt by the OP. I was not being rude. I was stating facts which were already on the record from the OP's own postings to the forum. I do not want to chase away new BlackBerry PlayBook users and do my best to encourage them to see beyond the negativity in the media and some of our own forum members' rantings. If the order had been placed two weeks ago and no sign of the shipment by last Friday, the person would rightly be upset with the experience. However, the order was apparently made on Thursday and the fulfillment centre is located in a country which celebrates Thanksgiving in late November, yet the person was upset he/she had not received an update on their order. I am quite certain he/she will be updated within a few days and probably receive the tablet before next weekend.

Oh I admit that my sarcastic nature sometimes get the better of me but I am not going to intentionally discourage new forum members. By the way, belated welcome to you.

I was not whining by any means at all. I'm just concerned, I had never ordered from the website and yes I did register when I ordered it but I still says that I didn't order anything in the order status. I just thought I could go on here and see if anyone else has had the same problem and it looks like they have. I was NOT ********. Instant gratification?? I don't think so!! BTW, thanks for the welcome.

A big THANKS for everyones help, I appreciate it.
    11-26-11 06:13 PM
    I was talking to the manager (supervisor what eve) of the future shop computer/tablet department yesterday about the playbooks and he told me that they got like 30 16Gb PBs in earlier in the week and they lasted a few hours.. (not news) but he said "alot" of the customers said they have been waiting "weeks" for there playbooks ordered off shopblackberry and were just going to cancel there orders after grabbing up his lol.. he may have been exaggerating talking weeks but they are pretty much sold out across canada in retail stores so u never know.... He said he had 12 16gb pbs supposed to arrive monday morning but no 32's so I said f it and grabbed the $10 off promo code for shopbb and put my order in for a 32 this morning I can say if i didnt already have a 16 id prob be camping out in future shops parking lot monday morn lol..
    saying that reminded me that im still on call at best buy for a PB... they left 2 messages that they had 1 in stock a 16gb so if your super anxious and have a best buy near ya give them a call and see if they have or how long there calling list is.. you might be able to get one sooner but they only give u 1 hour to show up and buy it once they call and confirm u want it. after the hour they call the next person in line heh just FYI.
    11-26-11 06:51 PM
    I was not whining by any means at all. I'm just concerned, I had never ordered from the website and yes I did register when I ordered it but I still says that I didn't order anything in the order status. I just thought I could go on here and see if anyone else has had the same problem and it looks like they have. I was NOT ********. Instant gratification?? I don't think so!! BTW, thanks for the welcome.

I think our orders are fine. Let's just wait for the shipment
    11-26-11 06:52 PM

Yea ordering stuff online is pretty safe most times but its always in the back of your mind that u might have been scammed when u dont know a whole lot about the company.. theres enough horror storys around lol.. but it is kinda wierd you guys havent got the comformation email atleast.. I put my order in this morn and id say within 5 minutes I had the order conformation email in my inn box.
    11-26-11 06:56 PM
    Yea ordering stuff online is pretty safe most times but its always in the back of your mind that u might have been scammed when u dont know a whole lot about the company.. theres enough horror storys around lol.. but it is kinda wierd you guys havent got the comformation email atleast.. I put my order in this morn and id say within 5 minutes I had the order conformation email in my inn box.
    I already got the confirmation email (like a couple of minutes after I made the order).

What we've been asking is how can we track the order status. (because you know, usually on most online stores, we can check our order status by entering the order number). Then I figured that someone pointed out that they will only email again after they shipped the item.
    11-26-11 07:01 PM
    You guys are lucky because I ordered yesterday and have not gotten a confirmation email but my credit card has been charged. Whenever i try to call RIMs customer service there is no ring tone.
    11-26-11 08:04 PM
    You guys are lucky because I ordered yesterday and have not gotten a confirmation email but my credit card has been charged. Whenever i try to call RIMs customer service there is no ring tone.
    Maybe try emailing their support team?
    ContactUs - RIM CA
    11-26-11 08:22 PM
    Maybe try emailing their support team?
    ContactUs - RIM CA
    Emailed their support team yesterday. I am out of options I am just hoping I get an email on mondayy or some kind of contact at this point.
    11-26-11 09:33 PM
    It's Thanksgiving weekend. Give them time. Though I'm not in any hurry as both the Playbooks I purchased were Christmas gifts.
    11-26-11 09:48 PM
    Good thing I ran into this thread. I was a little worried that I had not gotten an order status email since it's been a few days and the Thanksgiving holiday didn't help at all. Now the website says "Notice to Customers: Due to high volume of PlayBook orders, orders may take longer to ship". I hope they have enough in stock to fulfill our orders because they're out of stock now for the 16GB version. I'm hoping that we hear from RIM come Monday. I'm so excited to finally have one in my hands.
    11-26-11 10:40 PM
400 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD