I have found a cool gizmo for both my torch and pb screens. It is a pen with a kind of rubber top that engages the screen. I am typing with it right now, and am finding it very responsive and very accurate. It is being sold as ipen, pardon that word in here, but if you are like me and have a hard time hitting things with a fat finger, then, perhaps this would be a product that would appeal to you as well. cost me about five bucks and change. it kind of sticks when i try to swipe with it, but that could be due to the zagg screen i have on my pb. Well for whats it worth I give it thumbs up.
    02-15-12 01:05 PM
    i just bought a touch pen as well , but its troublesome and i might need much better, so i ask if i may, what pen have you?
    anon(4216152) likes this.
    02-15-12 01:11 PM
    i everything....one day they will have a iPen-is
    02-15-12 02:13 PM
    For $75 thanks but no thanks!
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    02-15-12 02:19 PM
    Willard, no, I wouldn't want it for a phone. In my business it's an absolute must have, but this is a 1600 px X 900 px screen. Graphics and phot restoration render a mouse useless.
    So as I understand I can use it for the PB right? Did I find the one you were talking about? I'm confused...
    02-15-12 03:28 PM
    There are 2 kinds of touchscreens,

One is the Resistance one, which is basicly just 2 layers, you press on it, the layer beneath it detects where it ''dents'' and there you go, this was used when touch screen wasn't that far developed, Nintendo DS for example. This kind of touch screen can operate through anything that touches it, your finger, a regular pen, your grandmother, it doesn't matter.

The more up to date touch screen is the Capacative (i never get this word right) Touch Screen, where there are 2 electrical currents on the screen and it will detect changes in current, you as a person are always wielding some sort of current, this is generated through static energy you build up by walking, rubbing in your hair or nightly activities.

This is by far the more accurate one but WILL NOT work with anything that is not giving that current to your screen, thus cheapo stylus made out of plastic will not work with the PB, however, I do not know which pens do support it and which don't, because I have no clue how the user gives that current to the screen through the fancy pens.

I'm being fancy tonight aswell.
    Last edited by Decile; 02-15-12 at 03:31 PM.
    Willard814 and BERaddict like this.
    02-15-12 03:28 PM
    For $75 thanks but no thanks!
    Click to view quoted image
    Don't the ipens come with a sensor you have to hook up to the end of your tablet?
    Paid 15 bucks for my stylus at walmart with a free zip case for the playbook.
    Use the zip case twice and the stylus once.lol
    Had to take playbook out of the otterbox case just to find out they suck.
    Debating if i'm getting another otterbox case or something else.
    Certainly don't need a case that's as a stylus holder.lol
    02-15-12 03:48 PM
    This is what I am referring to. It's a USB connectable device, and I don't believe it is meant for use with a Playbook.

My point, originally, was that the pen normally is called a stylus. At least in my field we call them that, and have since day one.

Intuos4 Medium Pen Tablet | Wacom Americas
    OK... So why are you posting it here? From what you have said the iPen has nothing to do with the PB at all... right?
    02-15-12 04:15 PM
    OK... So why are you posting it here? From what you have said the iPen has nothing to do with the PB at all... right?
    The OP referred to the iPen. kellyjdrummer is just explaining the different types of pens. I also have a Wacomm for editing photos and its just a different type of stylus.
    02-15-12 04:40 PM
    The OP referred to the iPen. kellyjdrummer is just explaining the different types of pens. I also have a Wacomm for editing photos and its just a different type of stylus.
    I get the part that there are different types of stylus, but what I don't understand is how can this help me? From what I understand is that it doesn't work on the PB, yet the poster states that it does. This is very confusing, so here is the question does this iPen work with the PB and if so how much is it and a link to the product would be cool also?
    02-15-12 04:53 PM
    hey all. i bought this "stylus" at a store called showcase. it has a rubber tip where the eraser usually goes, a twist pen on the other. it doesn't plug in or battery needed. cost me five bucks. was in a box called i pen. not an apple product, just marketing for those users.
    02-15-12 06:55 PM
    Would you mind posting a pic of what you purchased and the box? Have you tried writing with it yet? Does the pb pick up your gestures well?
    02-15-12 06:58 PM
    pic of the pen
    02-15-12 06:58 PM
    yes it touches and swipes.
    02-15-12 06:59 PM
    Can you draw with it well? Most styli don't get picked up accurately when you're trying to write a note or draw without a good deal of force.
    02-15-12 07:00 PM
    i quickly downloaded a coloring book. it works better than i expected. works real well dry, but i licked it and it really worked smoothly. i have a zag screen cover, so it is sticky to begin with
    02-15-12 07:13 PM
    hey all. i bought this "stylus" at a store called showcase. it has a rubber tip where the eraser usually goes, a twist pen on the other. it doesn't plug in or battery needed. cost me five bucks. was in a box called i pen. not an apple product, just marketing for those users.
    Can you point us in the right direction so we could buy one, maybe a store name or even better a website link?
    02-15-12 07:55 PM
    iPen Deluxe Stylus

here is the product link.

exactly what i purchased. for six bucks i think what the heck.
    02-15-12 08:08 PM
    btw. i just tried this on my other pb with an otter box. works well for touch typing, swipes are good, but drawing is not. must be something about the cover thats causing the issues.
    02-15-12 08:14 PM
    btw. i just tried this on my other pb with an otter box. works well for touch typing, swipes are good, but drawing is not. must be something about the cover thats causing the issues.
    Thanks for the heads up I have an OtterBox, but it's still something to consider. I have been looking for a stylus that works with the PB.
    02-15-12 08:22 PM
    iPen Deluxe Stylus

here is the product link.

exactly what i purchased. for six bucks i think what the heck.
    Looks like they don't ship to the US.
    02-15-12 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD