I just got a Playbook this past week. I�ve been saving up since launch to get one, and sort of been waiting on the sidelines hoping and waiting for it to be more fully baked. Given the recent reduced prices, and banking that 2.0 is imminent, I took the splurge.
    While waiting, I took advantage of the HP firesale and got myself a TouchPad. The purpose of this post is highlight the things I�d like implemented in the Playbook that the TouchPad does wonderfully.

First off, I�m a BB supporter and don�t mean to sound biased, but the PB has by far the better hardware from my initial impression. The screen/images are much more clearer/sharper than my TP. The PB is also a lot more responsive.

The TP has some points where it just lags, even after I�ve overclocked it to 1.5 Ghz. The recent 3.0.4 update has addressed some of those issues, but still, the PB runs circles around the TP in terms of multi-tasking. But there are a lot of things from the TouchPad that I wish/hope RIM can implement/improve on the PB.

TouchPad Strengths/ Playbook Fixes

1. WebOS card�s are better implemented. I�ve gotten used to 1 swipe per card, versus the PB going all the way to the end if you have several open. Maybe it takes getting used to, but sometimes I�ll miss/overshoot the intended window on the PB. Just a personal preference of mine.

2. It�s a lot easier to close (swipe up) windows on the TP than the PB. You can swipe maybe 45 degrees up on the TP and it will discard the card. The PB I find you almost have to be exactly straight up to close it, and a swipe up often just changes the card sideways. I think a wider angle/tolerance on the PB would be better.

3. Just Type. I like being able to click in the homescreen and start searching for apps, or launch a Google search that immediately brings up the browser, all in one step.

4. HP App Catalog. Just browsing through App world, it seems a little bit thin, even compared to HP�s. I�m also seeing new apps being ported from iOS to the TP. I know this will improve over time, especially now the developers have tools they need.

5. Ability to bookmark/favorite Apps for later in the Catalog. I�ll often bookmark an app that interests me so I can save/download it at a later time. BB App world doesn�t seem to have that. It�d be a great feature to have.

6. Facebook. HP�s app is way better, interface wise. Although I�ll admit, it�s a lot slower in gathering information from feeds. It�s not as responsive, but I prefer the look and feel of the TP version.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll add more as they come to mind. What are your thoughts? Any other features you'd like to see in the PB?
    10-19-11 01:51 PM
    HP Touchpad days are gone and over......... PB is making a big comeback. I trust everything thats showing up on the horizon with PB and OS2.0 its going to be golden.
    I don't think PB needs to compete with the TP... that battle is over, now iPad.... yaaa baby you guys better watch out !!!!!
    10-19-11 02:55 PM
    Just trying to make the PB even better, as I'm sure you'll agree, it's not perfect right now.
    10-19-11 03:51 PM
    Just trying to make the PB even better, as I'm sure you'll agree, it's not perfect right now.
    agree wholeheartedly
    glennster28 likes this.
    10-19-11 06:48 PM
    FYI, the closing of apps is much better in os2.0.
    glennster28 likes this.
    10-19-11 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD