Seriously the dead OS that is WebOS seems to get more features faster than our supposedly still living TabletOS, BBX, whatever the he!! it is now. WebOS 3.0.4 just added the ability for the touchpad to answer calls from non WebOS phones, apparently it did this with WebOS phones before. The Playbook just pops up a message that lets us shut off the ringer on the phone when a call comes in and nothing else. I believe WebOS also allows WebOS phone users to send/receive texts via their version of a bridge. After the disappointing first keynote session this just really pisses me off that these seemingly simple features haven't been added into the Playbook, and our updates have basically stalled out while WebOS is still putting stuff out. Had to vent that one out.
    10-18-11 12:45 PM
    maybe, just maybe, phone functionality is one of those 'surprises' they were talking about...? (I'm not holding my breath, but...)
    10-18-11 12:54 PM
    What's the point about complaining about unannounced features at the start of devcon... Seriously, I'm trying to figure the point of this...
    10-18-11 12:56 PM
    Maybe this maybe that but isn't encouraging that WebOS is moving faster. Yes I know WebOS has been out longer but there has to be a reason no one wants it. People bought touchpads to put android on it, not to use WebOS.
    10-18-11 12:59 PM
    What's the point about complaining about unannounced features at the start of devcon... Seriously, I'm trying to figure the point of this...
    My real point is the Touchpad, which is basically dead at this point, is getting features and functionality pushed out even today, while we Playbook users have been ground to a halt on our "steady cadence" of updates and we are now waiting for whatever this new BBX super update is. I think it is a little sad really that HP can still get stuff out the door when HP management has pulled the rug out from beneath the project and RIM can't get deliver with the company supposedly putting everything into it. Hopefully some good news will come in the second keynote session.
    10-18-11 01:05 PM
    That doesn't address why this is so important to say at the start of DevCon rather than after, when you know it wasn't actually included...
    10-18-11 01:08 PM
    That doesn't address why this is so important to say at the start of DevCon rather than after, when you know it wasn't actually included...
    I think it is more of a case of yet another disappointed user with the playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 01:22 PM
    Its not the point of the announcing something. HP is DOING something. Still improving the OS and functions on a dead piece of Hardware. We are, and have been, WAITING on improvements on the Playbook. We are being shown bits and pieces of 2.0, haven't received any great updates in a while because they decided to wrap it up int a massive update/new OS, being told how great it will be, all while HP is pushing out updates and improvements to WebOS. I'm just getting tired of RIM vaporware and its coming. Starting to think its all just stall tactics by RIM.
    10-18-11 01:31 PM
    So show them you are tired of it and not just complaining, sell the hardware and buy something else.

Or, keep complaining on a forum about it...
    10-18-11 01:35 PM
    Or, keep complaining on a forum about it...
    That's what I'm doing now. It is the only way to possibly communicate with RIM on the Playbook since they don't have a feedback contacting on their website anyway.

I've already got them the sale of the hardware at full price so selling it now will just make a loss for me, and who knows, the device might actually become what they said it would be some day when it grows up. Even picked up a second one as a gift for the Holidays for someone. So I'm all in. It is time for RIM to start turning some of this potential energy we here the Playbook has into kinetic energy!
    10-18-11 01:42 PM
    Actually you can get a direct response most of the time in the PB Feedback section on the BZ, but that isn't your prerogative.
    10-18-11 01:45 PM
    Actually you can get a direct response most of the time in the PB Feedback section on the BZ, but that isn't your prerogative.
    So I have to join the Beta Zone to give feedback on a production product. OK.
    10-18-11 01:53 PM
    So I have to join the Beta Zone to give feedback on a production product. OK.
    More like give suggestions towards future improvements, etc. Again, your prerogative is obvious and you obviously aren't considering it, so whatever is available is wasted on you.
    10-18-11 02:24 PM
    More like give suggestions towards future improvements, etc. Again, your prerogative is obvious and you obviously aren't considering it, so whatever is available is wasted on you.
    Don't want to open a beta zone account just to communicate with RIM. A company who prides itself on e-mail should have an e-mail address for this sort of thing. I sent something [email protected] not to long ago and it didn't bounce, which guarantees nothing, but maybe they saw it. Anyway I can post here too.
    10-18-11 04:29 PM
    If only there was a tool, that allowed feedback submissions directly...
    10-18-11 04:30 PM
    If only there was a tool, that allowed feedback submissions directly...
    I think that an app that only ran on the Playbook to provide feedback to RIM would be great and guarantee that the person sending the feedback was actually a Playbook owner. Especially since it is the first gen hardware and software of what is their future. App could send all the device info in with the submission too.
    10-18-11 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD