Hi

Just out of curiosity I was wondering why you only get word suggestions whilst typing in some apps or programmes with the keyboard and not with others, i.e. you get suggestions for words whilst typing an email but not when inputting text into a browser search engine.
    Not really a problem but would be nice sometimes to always have word suggestions in all cases of text input.

Regards
    Neil
    12-31-12 02:11 AM
    I was wondering same when I got mine....I thought that one of reasons might be that with url's being so diverse and all one word that to have suggestions pop up might be distracting?
    also I noticed that depending on the site/app that the keyboard layout differs suitably....some offer the '@' on main keyboard, some dont.
    12-31-12 05:03 AM
    It used to work fine but after one of our updates, it stopped working.
    12-31-12 06:26 AM
    It's even worse than that. Sometimes I can type an "i" and an "m" and automatically get "I'm". Sometimes I cant. In some applications the "i" automatically capitalizes, in some not.

It's as if there are several keyboards (or parts of keyboards) that get used at different times. Not so with my Bold. It's very easy to see that the Playbook was more of a concept device. The Bold OS is a well polished end of life design.

I love my Playbook but I so hope RIM gets it right with BB10.
    12-31-12 09:52 AM
    I was under the impression that the app developer had the control over the configuration of the keyboard and whether the word suggestions were enabled.
    12-31-12 10:24 AM
    I was under the impression that the app developer had the control over the configuration of the keyboard and whether the word suggestions were enabled.
    I think you might be correct.
    12-31-12 11:12 AM