- CrackBerry User
- 65 Posts
Touch Screen keyboard on playbook
Just out of curiosity I was wondering why you only get word suggestions whilst typing in some apps or programmes with the keyboard and not with others, i.e. you get suggestions for words whilst typing an email but not when inputting text into a browser search engine.
Not really a problem but would be nice sometimes to always have word suggestions in all cases of text input.
- CrackBerry User
12-31-2012, 05:03 AM #2
- 34 Posts
Re: Touch Screen keyboard on playbook
I was wondering same when I got mine....I thought that one of reasons might be that with url's being so diverse and all one word that to have suggestions pop up might be distracting?
also I noticed that depending on the site/app that the keyboard layout differs suitably....some offer the '@' on main keyboard, some dont.
- 12-31-2012, 09:52 AM #4
It's even worse than that. Sometimes I can type an "i" and an "m" and automatically get "I'm". Sometimes I cant. In some applications the "i" automatically capitalizes, in some not.
It's as if there are several keyboards (or parts of keyboards) that get used at different times. Not so with my Bold. It's very easy to see that the Playbook was more of a concept device. The Bold OS is a well polished end of life design.
I love my Playbook but I so hope RIM gets it right with BB10.
- By ibadaah in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 2Last Post: 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
- By ibadaah in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
- By Brandon32 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 14Last Post: 05-13-2011, 06:31 PM
- By rholford in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 07-27-2009, 05:37 AM
- By mattsh33 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 23Last Post: 10-22-2008, 05:06 PM