So my PB's touch screen just stopped working randomly and now I can't even reboot because you have to use the screen to reboot it (touch the turn off button). I know all I can do now is wait till it dies but thatll take forever since the battery is at 89% and nothings is running to drain it faster. This is the first time that this happened and I don't know how to fix this. Kinda makes me thankful that RIM decided to also add the trackpad on their touch screen smatphones if something like this happened. Anyways I need your help fixing this becuase I don't know what else to do besides wait all day for the battery to drain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 12:06 PM
    What about using the power button to turn it off?
    11-11-11 12:08 PM
    Just hold the power button down for ~10 seconds to power off then press it again until the light comes on and the PB will restart.
    11-11-11 12:10 PM
    Press the power button and the + (which is the + sign for the volume control.) sign at the same time until the screen goes black.
    11-11-11 12:16 PM
    Just hold the power button down for ~10 seconds to power off then press it again until the light comes on and the PB will restart.
    Did not know we could do this until now and it worked. So thanks guys

11-11-11 12:21 PM
    We know someone didn't have it right away or would know that. Never use to be screen button.
    11-11-11 12:23 PM
    What about using the power button to turn it off?
    I clicked it which brought up the power "menu" but never tried to hold it. Got it to work now after the reboot

11-11-11 12:24 PM
    QNX is renowned for its robustness. A process may begin making buggy demands but a soft restart or, failing that, a three button reboot will most likely fix any problem one encounters. There is a reason QNX is used in critical systems management.
    11-11-11 12:35 PM
    Holding the "power" button is a standard reset feature on most electronics.
    11-11-11 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD