No BlackBerry 10 OS for Playbook Owners � New Tablet Under Development | Press Blue
    http://pressblue.com/no-blackberry-10-os-for-playbook-owners-new-tablet-under-development/5131/jose-gonzales
    02-18-13 08:34 AM
    LOL LOL LOL

what a bunch of BS

They are internally working on BB10 for the Playbook and their only hold back is optimization for 1gb of ram.

FEED THE TROLLS
    02-18-13 09:01 AM
    LOL LOL LOL

what a bunch of BS

They are internally working on BB10 for the Playbook and their only hold back is optimization for 1gb of ram.

FEED THE TROLLS
    Hey dude, i was not trolling.... or anything of that sort..
    I came across this news article while i was browsing around on google... I posted it here because i wasn't sure whether it was true or not.
    02-18-13 10:05 AM
    Rim (blackberry ) has already stated BB10 will be coming to PB,in what form no one knows.
    02-18-13 10:09 AM
    Rim (blackberry ) has already stated BB10 will be coming to PB,in what form no one knows.
    Also no one knows, when..
    02-18-13 10:16 AM
    I'll take Thorsten Heins word that it will come.

An article with a title that doesn't match the content. Shocking.
    just_luc likes this.
    02-18-13 10:33 AM
    So tired of these.. We spent years speculating about this, that and the other thing.. which was fine when that information wasn't available.. but it never ceases to amaze me that people continue to speculate after the factual information has arrived..

Blackberry, in very clear and definite words.. has said.. ALL PLAYBOOKS WILL BE UPDATED TO BLACKBERRY 10.

/end thread.
    02-18-13 10:45 AM
    Unless BB renegs on their announcement ... it is simply a matter of when not if.... why deal with the speculation as such...a waste of time....
    02-18-13 10:52 AM
    No BlackBerry 10 OS for Playbook Owners – New Tablet Under Development | Press Blue
    No BlackBerry 10 OS for Playbook Owners
    Seems like a pretty badly researched article to me, or maybe a pure and simple trolling one...(?)
    02-18-13 12:00 PM
    Yeah, I read that Pressblue thing just now (I have a Google alert which found it) and it's a bunch of hoo-hah. Sometimes I think that bloggers have a too-high opinion of themselves, and write self-important crap that does nothing except to confuse the masses.

The best place to get this sort of information is here, where those that know will (usually) provide the most reliable rumours and news.
    02-18-13 12:13 PM
    For those of you that have a Z10 and a PB, what is the differences now between OS10 and PB OS2.1 ? From a UI experience is it just the HUB with the peek feature? I don't think that is needed for the PlayBook. If a PB OS10 upgrade consisted of the new engine (cascades vs air?) that runs the OS10 browser and maybe had the Remember app and any new ones that may be coming (whatsapp, skype), that's all it would need. The OS10 touch keyboard is optional, imo.
    02-18-13 12:31 PM
    There is nothing in that article that indicates that the title, No BlackBerry 10 OS for Playbook Owners, is true at all.

One out of context quote from Mr. Heins;
    “I’m not getting out of the tablet business, I’ve asked my teams to build another one, but I need to make money from it,”

The full quote is;
    "I'm not getting out of the tablet business, I've asked my teams to build another one, but I need to make money from it. If the hardware doesn't provide the margins I need, then it makes no sense in doing it,"

This hardly looks like a full commitment to new hardware and has nothing to do with updating the OS on existing hardware.
    02-18-13 12:57 PM