Anyone think this is a possibility for the future? Via app world or side loading? I doubt it would get app world approved, but damn, a torrent downloading client would be handy, and make my playbook better again!
    06-13-11 05:21 PM
    Anyone think this is a possibility for the future? Via app world or side loading? I doubt it would get app world approved, but damn, a torrent downloading client would be handy, and make my playbook better again!
    anything is possible
    06-13-11 05:26 PM
    anything is possible
    True, if one isn't around when the native SDK is out, I'll have a go at creating one.
    cfx_will likes this.
    06-13-11 05:28 PM
    True, if one isn't around when the native SDK is out, I'll have a go at creating one.
    Any update on this? Maybe porting an existing android app would be easier.
    06-20-11 10:33 AM
    Why wouldn't P2P sharing app be allowed on app world?
    06-20-11 01:29 PM
    I'm gonna guess no. This seems unlikely except by side-loading. RIM is closely tied to carriers and carriers hate BitTorrent for it's data use (not to mention copyright infringement uses). It may come out but I'd be really surprised to see it get blessed with entry into AppWorld.
    06-20-11 01:30 PM
    If noone makes a sideload torrent downloader, I'll be glad to give it a try when native sdk comes out. If I do, i'll make a blog of my progress, just to keep you all in the know.
    06-20-11 01:33 PM
    Someone should create html based torrent website or something.
    06-20-11 03:58 PM
    Someone should create html based torrent website or something.
    Impossible, I believe. There's a java + html/php one out there somewhere, but playbook only has javascript, not java.
    06-20-11 04:00 PM
    Or at least a service where you can download it from your device onto your computer. The phone is simply the command line that triggers the download.
    06-20-11 04:19 PM
    Carriers hate BitTorrent? Are you kidding me? Carriers sell bandwidth; the more you buy the happier they are. A torrent client is a must have for me before I get a PB. Many are available on Android market; we either need an android emulator or a native PB app.
    06-20-11 05:53 PM
    Carriers hate BitTorrent? Are you kidding me? Carriers sell bandwidth; the more you buy the happier they are. A torrent client is a must have for me before I get a PB. Many are available on Android market; we either need an android emulator or a native PB app.
    That really depends on where you live. Copyright violations are taken quite seriously in some countries and corporations have mechanisms for going after users and that means the carrier/ISP have to hand over certain information, etc...

If it were only a matter of going over the limit and paying them more, they would have bundled a torrent client with your account/tablet/phone
    06-20-11 05:58 PM
    That really depends on where you live. Copyright violations are taken quite seriously in some countries and corporations have mechanisms for going after users and that means the carrier/ISP have to hand over certain information, etc...

If it were only a matter of going over the limit and paying them more, they would have bundled a torrent client with your account/tablet/phone
    I agree that copyright is taken seriously in many countries but why do you equate "copyright violation" with a torrent client? Yes A torrent allows you to share files but it does not mean the files are necessarily in any way violating someones copyright.

That being said; log into any torrent site and you will likely see a large amount of copyrighted material
    06-20-11 06:14 PM
    I had to stop torrenting on my desktop to free up the wifi for the new OS update!!!
    06-20-11 07:43 PM
    Hi, iv just found this while searching about on my playbook and thought i should share it with you, Download torrents from the web. Fast. Easy.
    its a online torrent thingy and it works really well
    Mark PPG, stevejb and awattwell like this.
    08-04-11 04:41 PM
    I do not see a big use this of torrent download client / utility or even a direct website. The issue is the format of the target file. for music and video PB supports only some formats. so by direct download most of them may not play properly.

just my 2 cents
    08-04-11 06:27 PM
    I do not see a big use this of torrent download client / utility or even a direct website. The issue is the format of the target file. for music and video PB supports only some formats. so by direct download most of them may not play properly.

just my 2 cents
    The apps you want are not the same apps that I want or the same apps that Crackberry Kevin wants. That is the joy of apps. I want a torrent app. Does anyone know if any of the many Android torrent apps will work in the PB Android player?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 06:47 PM
    The apps you want are not the same apps that I want or the same apps that Crackberry Kevin wants. That is the joy of apps. I want a torrent app. Does anyone know if any of the many Android torrent apps will work in the PB Android player?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am NOT looking for a torrent app, just trying to understand what is the use
    or potential use? that's all.

I use vuze client on my PC and transfer files to PB. so do not need an app for that.
    08-04-11 07:00 PM
    Hi, iv just found this while searching about on my playbook and thought i should share it with you, Download torrents from the web. Fast. Easy.
    Looks good. Im getting faster speeds then my laptop, and wil soon have s8e1 of entourage.
    henniger likes this.
    08-04-11 07:41 PM
    This worked great for me.
    08-04-11 08:02 PM
    Also try...BitLet - the BitTorrent Applet let me know if this works for you.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    08-05-11 02:49 AM

just my 2 cents
    I've had minimal issues with formats not working (dang you selab), and being able to directly dnld to my pb rather then to my pc then copying it to my pb (which for me isn't the fastest thing esp a large movie) is priceless.

Overall, I prefer less limitations. This pb affords me so many options for the same thing, eg. watching a movie. I can do it online via flash, dnload a torrent directly, dnload a torrent to my pc and copy it, use orb to stream it from my pc, convert a dvd, use netflix...well maybe not that one.

Ah...this is the golden age of mass (free) information people...I see storm clouds ahead.
    08-05-11 05:10 PM
    howdy, i'm the new guy in town, just got my playbook and am absolutely blown away at what it can do. Been trying to get torrific working but whenever I enter a torrent from either pirate bay or demonoid I get a "not a valid torrent" error. Do I have to alter the torrent label or is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.
    12-11-11 08:24 AM
    i use playtorrent app for my playbook. works great
    12-11-11 01:28 PM
    Where can I find Playtorrent?
    01-20-12 04:14 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD