My wife had gallbladder surgery today, and I figured I'd take along my trusty Playbook to keep me entertained. Glad I did! We were there for over 9 hours due to "doctor being late" and other things they say to try to keep you there.

They had wifi access (really good speed too) and I was able to surf to my hearts content, download some apps, plays some games/upload high scores, check my work email, and a slew of other good stuff. You never really appreciate the Playbook until you are in a situation in which it is there to keep you sane Until it completely died on me of course due to drainage!

Bottom line is that it was a workhorse today and did not disappoint in the least. I have really come to appreciate how great surfing is on the device. So fast, fluid, and it just felt no different than being home on the PC. This is what makes it the great device that it is.

Wife is home recovering, and the Playbook is home recovering (aka: charging) as well!
    13echo4, bbfan1040, Gouk and 13 others like this.
    03-23-12 11:01 PM
    I know..I used mine at the hospital for over 9 hours recently also. It was great but I did bring a charger with me..also McDonalds free wifi and the best place of all the in-laws house...keeps me sane...
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-23-12 11:33 PM
    I always take a charger with me wherever I go. I have bb phone, ear piece, playbook and most recently keyboard/case combo(though there should never be a need to charge this on the go due to the 30 day charge).

I have 2 chargers of the type that came with the playbook and I keep one in the home and another in the car. along with 2 car chargers so I can charge my bold 9900 and my earpiece at the same time. I found it really difficult to charge the playbook on the car charger but it does work at a fraction of the one built for it.

I keep the charger rolled up in my jacket pocket and whenever I find myself at a coffee shop or having a few brewskies at the pub I plug in whatever device needs it the most. So far I find the bold 9900 needs it most. The playbook tends to carry me throughout the day.
    03-23-12 11:36 PM
    My wife had gallbladder surgery today, and I figured I'd take along my trusty Playbook to keep me entertained. Glad I did! We were there for over 9 hours due to "doctor being late" and other things they say to try to keep you there.

They had wifi access (really good speed too) and I was able to surf to my hearts content, download some apps, plays some games/upload high scores, check my work email, and a slew of other good stuff. You never really appreciate the Playbook until you are in a situation in which it is there to keep you sane Until it completely died on me of course due to drainage!

Bottom line is that it was a workhorse today and did not disappoint in the least. I have really come to appreciate how great surfing is on the device. So fast, fluid, and it just felt no different than being home on the PC. This is what makes it the great device that it is.

Wife is home recovering, and the Playbook is home recovering (aka: charging) as well!
    I'm very glad she's doing good and recovering. Hope all stays well. 3 weeks ago my wife had our 3rd child. I took my PB. I surfed the net, kept everyone posted in facebook and twitter, watched movies, took pictures and even made video. I brought my cord with me.
    Chrisy and malcerie like this.
    03-23-12 11:52 PM
    I found it really difficult to charge the playbook on the car charger but it does work at a fraction of the one built for it.
    I have discovered that the OEM Verizon Dual Port Micro USB Car Charger works well with the PlayBook. It will charge the PlayBook at the rate or faster as the standard wall charger.
    03-24-12 12:02 AM
    some nice stories
    all the best n speedy recovery to all the recovering ppl
    malcerie likes this.
    03-24-12 12:52 AM
    #theblackberrycommunity
    03-24-12 01:23 AM
    That is why I bring my playbook everywhere!!!!! Plus having it bridge with my BlackBerry, it unstoppable eh!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-24-12 01:52 AM
    Glad she's doing well. I hardly leave home without my PB and I love bridge.
    Last edited by stewartj1; 03-24-12 at 06:35 AM.
    03-24-12 06:14 AM
    I take my playbook just about everywhere with me as well. The size makes it easy to carry around with me and I hardly notice its there. Glad to hear your wife is recovering fine
    03-24-12 07:15 AM
    My hospital has Wi-Fi in all the rooms now. As a patient I know it does speed recovery or at least makes the stay more pleasant. Being able to keep in touch with the outside world through email, Facebook and Twitter is comforting.

My only complaint was the hospital had few electrical outlets and were hard to get to. Definitely bring a charger.

On the flip side, it also is entertaining in the waiting room area.

Glad you mentioned this use!
    03-24-12 07:32 AM
    I'm at a function for Girl Scouts With the wife & daughter, so I grabbed the PB to keep me from filling asleep. Hotel has good wifi.
    03-24-12 07:36 AM
    I have had the same experience with our newborn, and new PB.

I bought a 2nd PB which my wife shares with my two year old daughter. A couple of episodes of Dora and Timmy time and my wife can comfortably go to the doctor's or any appointments with the kids intact.

The PB video player is great also in the car with some old straps, the portable dvd player is redundant.

Btw my daughter is quite skilled at navigating through the PB. Great to watch.
    03-24-12 08:05 AM
    Thanks for all the kind words!

Yeah, I really should have brought a charger, but the doctor said "it's only a two hour ordeal" prior to our arrival...hehe...right.

I will certainly bring one in the future. Funny about the wifi there. Full strength on the 1st floor...NO access at all on the 3rd (surgery) floor. I was still able to connect via Sprint Hotspot however...which effectively drained my phone and the PB at the same time

Either way, all charged up again and ready for a new day!
    malcerie likes this.
    03-24-12 09:34 AM
    I'm very glad she's doing good and recovering. Hope all stays well. 3 weeks ago my wife had our 3rd child. I took my PB. I surfed the net, kept everyone posted in facebook and twitter, watched movies, took pictures and even made video. I brought my cord with me.
    Congrats. Umbilical or power?
    03-24-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD