Had ther PB for a few days and LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE IT!
    But did notice that when you laid it on a flat surface to type is wobbled a bit, due to the Blackbery silver logo on the back being beveled a little and if you pushed it with your fingers it had a slight GIVE.....
    So I phoned up RIM and the chap had one it his one seemed to be a little raised but not like mine.
    SO, I took it into the CPW where they were going to happly change it for another 32gb and they took it out of the box and it was fully flat and did not have the slight issue as my original, as a matter of me being super clear on what I want I then turned on the new unit and there was a DEAD PIXLE that was right on your face and even the CPW said it will have to go back, but they had no more 32gb in stock....................MMMMMMM I then checked out a 64gb they had in stock, again on power on there was a very small pixel out and no no no.
    So today, I went and sourced another CPW that had plenty of stock and they happly swopped it but as they were doing the new paperwork I said STOP STOP STOP, after all is is Fathers Day and I weant to treat mylsef to the 64gb................YE HAA, A little over the top but hey thought I now have the chnace to pay another �80 and get 64 so happy days!!!!!
    Now must do the initial set up and downloads updates and VOILA!!!
    It is so fantastic and just love it big time!!
    Last edited by magician1; 06-19-11 at 09:14 AM. Reason: edit text
    06-19-11 09:13 AM
    Enjoy your playbook. I think you were smart to upgrade to a 64GB. Even after the initial runaround you had, you were still intent on getting one that was perfect. Now you will love it even more.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 06-19-11 at 09:29 AM.
    06-19-11 09:26 AM
    My BlackBerry PlayBook has a minute wobble due to the slightly raised BB logo but not enough to convince me to return the tablet. As it is the tablet either rests in the rapid charger on my desk or lays atop the leather envelope case or is nestled in the leather portfolio case or is in my hand meaning the wobble never presents an issue 99.9% of the time. Once the Bluetooth keyboard I ordered arrives and the HDMI LED monitor which I plan to order this summer, I should be all set-up for the next few years. Truthfully, the Bluetooth keyboard is intended primarily for those times when I am away from home on vacation but want to get some keyboard-driven activity completed while connected to my remote applications; I will not be carrying the keyboard daily because I have my notebook computer at my home office.

The combination of BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry tablet almost gets us to the point of ubiquitous computing tablet/book we were promised way back in the early days of the 1980s if I remember the articles contained in World Book Encyclopedia and Childcraft.
    06-19-11 09:43 AM
    My BlackBerry PlayBook has a minute wobble due to the slightly raised BB logo but not enough to convince me to return the tablet. As it is the tablet either rests in the rapid charger on my desk or lays atop the leather envelope case or is nestled in the leather portfolio case or is in my hand meaning the wobble never presents an issue 99.9% of the time. Once the Bluetooth keyboard I ordered arrives and the HDMI LED monitor which I plan to order this summer, I should be all set-up for the next few years. Truthfully, the Bluetooth keyboard is intended primarily for those times when I am away from home on vacation but want to get some keyboard-driven activity completed while connected to my remote applications; I will not be carrying the keyboard daily because I have my notebook computer at my home office.

The combination of BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry tablet almost gets us to the point of ubiquitous computing tablet/book we were promised way back in the early days of the 1980s if I remember the articles contained in World Book Encyclopedia and Childcraft.
    06-19-11 09:47 AM
    aaaah.... perfect thread for me to chime in on.

I'm so glad all the crummy talk about RIMs demise is over and we can go back to enjoying the playbook. Just wanted to say how awesome a device this thing really is. Typing on the keyboard has been surprisingly easy, the screen is �bber clear, and the qnx OS is simply amazingly fluid. I could not be happier with the product purchased, the tablet has changed my life for the better, I no longer use my laptop, and even find my need for my desktop to be greatly diminishing. Although grant it i mostly use these things for email, invoicing and the odd bit if research online - as you can see a tablet meets those needs very easily. Last night during our usual summer reading session with our kids, rather than reading a book, I grabbed the playbook, and my son read me a childrens book online, which the playbook handled beautifully. Love the device and can't wait for the next update, perhaps it will have bbm? my playbook will then take on a whole new experience, as my children will be able to bbm me throughout the day.... no data plan needed. pure awesomeness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 10:42 AM
    Enjoy your playbook i returned mines the 16gb to get 64gb should be here by monday plus it's my day off can't wait to get it load up the bad boy with awesome stuff.
    06-19-11 10:48 AM
    Guarantee it doesn't wobble around like my ipad1. I keep a case on mine anyway but I'd do that to eliminate the wobble regardless. My PlayBook (when I had it) had zero movement on my desk, it was lovely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD