As much as I love this thing, it's starting to get on my nerves. Having to reboot far too much. Anyone else having similar issues?
    03-25-12 02:14 PM
    How many time are you having to reboot?

I find only once a week for me tops. And generally I'm trying something that will crash my laptop.

What apps are you running, how much multitasking?
    03-25-12 02:22 PM
    I've only rebooted it once or twice since I got it (a little over a week ago)...but I think that was just when I was trying to set it up. I'll have to wait a few more weeks to see, but as of now, it doesn't look like I'll have to reboot it very often.
    03-25-12 02:45 PM
    I've done more HARD RESET (reboots) in the last month to my PlayBook then the previous 9 months combined. That's not a good thing.
    03-25-12 02:49 PM
    Two to three times a day, mostly the browser hanging up or android player not starting. I don't really haven't specifics, I just know it is getting aggravating. My 9800 same thing.
    03-25-12 02:59 PM
    Might be time for a security wipe or debrick. There are instructions on the forums on how to do this. It's odd you are having problems so early.

Oh and clear the browser cache before you do anything drastic
    03-25-12 03:03 PM
    if i use mine, especially the browser, for more than a couple hours a day it will need a reboot to get enough memory back so i can use the browser with more than 3 tabs and another program running. its borderline as bad as the old handset days and daily reboots
    03-25-12 03:06 PM
    Got to the point where i had to re boot every week, I never rooted it or abused it so not sure why it played up. I gave up 8 days ago and bought a galaxy tab 7.7 and although pricey its beautiful, and feels expensive, well made hardware. Not a fanboy just a geek who loves his tech.
    03-25-12 03:08 PM
    I'm rebooting weekly now, down from daily, and I've had to do a security wipe twice. I have windows pc's that stay up longer than that.
    03-25-12 03:58 PM
    I've had to do a couple of reboots. although my problems seem to be more wi-fi related. Now I'm simply restarting my wi-fi sessions, and that seems to be doing the trick [too soon to tell for sure...].
    03-25-12 04:22 PM
    I just hope this next update, which I calculate should be in about a week, will stop this reboot madness
    03-25-12 04:28 PM
    I reboot mine after I download an APP. I got my PB 7 months ago and likely rebooted about 10 times.
    03-25-12 09:20 PM
    I think just having a habit of rebooting when plugging it in to charge will solve things until there's an update with better memory management.
    03-26-12 03:42 AM
    Playing popcorn rush last night manage to put the UI into a funky state that required a reboot.
    03-26-12 07:13 AM
    I just rebooted mine last week and the last time it was booted was about two weeks ago. I avoid Android apps as I noticed in the Betas that Android apps or the player took lots of memory.
    03-26-12 07:21 AM
    I've only had to reboot once since I got the PlayBook in December, and that was due to a website that crashed my iPad too...
    03-26-12 07:36 AM
    Had problems with some android apps but after avoiding them it is running smoothly.
    03-26-12 07:46 AM
    I had issues when I had Kindle. Since deletion, everything is back to normal.I restart for good hygiene a couple of times a week, before I put it on the charger. Android apps are a killer for the PlayBook.
    03-26-12 07:50 AM
    Some days I need to reboot five times, other times I can go a week or two without rebooting. Sometimes I get over 600MB free... Other times I have 300MB and I need to restart. Haven't quite figured out a pattern yet for the memory leakage, whether it is flash, android, crashes or hangs or what. When it works well I love my Playbook but when it loses memory I hate it.

Must say iOS 5.1 is bad. Never had to reboot my wife's iPhone4S until I got 5.1, now have to restart it often as it loses its network connections both the wifi and 3g. Other bugs too so even Apple isn't perfect.
    03-26-12 08:58 AM
    I've had to reboot after long periods of standby or when an app does something unexpected. Most recently, the native Facebook app. I tried to upload a video and an unexpected error occurred which said to restart Facebook. That's when things started hanging up. I could open my settings menu, but I couldnt scroll, couldnt open keyboard, couldn't click on power icon to restart... had to do hard reboot.

Actually, even after rebooting, FB app still had the same error so I gave up lastnight. I'll probably delete and reinstall later.
    03-26-12 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD