Hello CB community!
    Today i was looking into my PB configs and i noticed that in the General tab there's a loot of itens counted, like:
    Applications: 100
    But when i counted the apps number, i just got 30 from 100 listed on PB.
    The same with images 34/50.
    Also i cleaned browser history/cache/cookies, tried to find using the Air Browser/Desktop software and nothing.
    I noticed too, that acessing a upload file site, the window showed a LOT of images that i already have deleted(Including forbbiden ones)
    Any solution for that?
    I will do the security wipe, did it can damage the device?
    I'm using the 2.0.668 software(The Playbook come from the factory already with 2.0)

Thanks
    08-12-12 08:09 PM
    The app number total also considers some internal OS apps in its count. There might be some files lurking in some other hidden folders as well as the Misc folder where Android stuff is also stored. I would not worry about those counts or numbers that much.

A security wipe will remove the internal wallpapers and probably the demo video and I suspect extra files will return as you use the pb again.

If you do a security wipe MANUALLY back up your various files yourself. Some folks have run into problems trying to use Desktop manager to restore their stuff.
    08-12-12 09:40 PM
    Manual backups are also faster because you don't have to worry about compression.

Use Desktop Software for Apps & Settings and manually get the rest to safety.
    08-12-12 09:45 PM
    Made the wipe via Playbook.
    Everything perfect, the counter now works normally, including few extra numbers that may be probaly the OS built.
    The images are gone.

@also i checked the misc folder and root folders, nothing inside before wipe, now everything perfect.
    08-12-12 10:03 PM
    How are you counting your apps. The OS includes, by my count, about 27 apps out of the box (including the android player). If you installed Air Browser, that means that you've only installed 2 other apps from app world, or otherwise? It should also be noted that the android runtime packaged with the OS includes maybe 35 or so apps (some functional, some not) that will not appear on your homescreen as icons nor show up as installed apps in App World.
    edit- you beat me to the punch- never mind.
    08-12-12 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD