So, I have a couple of TiVo boxes, and a large archive of HD TiVo movies that are stored on some PC hard drives through TiVo Desktop. I was curious about transferring some of these HD movies to the PlayBook.

I did a test with a movie. In this case, Bride Wars. I'm sure there is a more streamlined way, but I just used what I had at the time. I used VideoReDo to convert from .TiVo file to .mpg file. Then I just used Windows Movie Maker to convert to .wmv

Starting file size was over 8GB - final size was 871MB. The movie looked and played fantastic on the PlayBook.

It's great to know that I can transfer any of my large collection of HD TiVo recorded movies to my PlayBook. If there are other TiVo users around here, I just thought you might be interested.
    04-30-11 09:58 PM
    Unfortunately, the PB doesn't recognize .mpg formatted movies, mpeg-4 (mp4) are supported though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 10:46 PM
    i used tivotogo and convert for ipad. the episodes come out great...
    05-01-11 12:43 AM
    Excellent, SwerveAM! I just noticed that TiVoToGo also has convert to mp4 and H.264 formats. I'm going to try those as well.
    05-01-11 06:30 AM
    I used Tivo to Go also. Selected Ipad. need to figure out how to get a PB setting or how to customize MP4 for native PB resolution.
    05-01-11 07:03 AM
    ill try the ipad option, but mpeg4 and h.264 were nowhere near the quality i got in my first method.
    05-01-11 09:12 PM
    how did it come out? i tried various ones and dont forget to download updated tivotogo...
    05-01-11 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD