"Why did you buy 'that thing' and not an iPad?"
    Cause I'm not an iD10t.
    05-20-11 04:13 PM
    Because being forced to synch a tablet with a glorified mp3 organizing program is freaking stupid.
    05-20-11 04:26 PM
    I never get asked why I buy any of my gadgets anymore....heh heh they get me.

When a person asks why didn't you buy an iPad, on should immediately follow up with, why did you?

I am an owner of both devices, and the Playbook destroys the iPad in basically every category besides Apps. People that buy Apple products do so because of advertisements, word of mouth, and the inherent requirement of the human race, jealousy and the need to "keep up" with their friends' technology.

The playbook is clearly superior if one takes an objective overlook, however, that is not how the American people work as a whole.
    I have to disagree with this post. There is no reason to hate on Apple, owning both, I feel each device dominates in features in their own way.

You can call the iPad a large iPod Touch/iPhone all you want, but there are some KILLER features on it that make it hold its own in many ways.

First and foremost, Apps, these devices really are as good as the Apps available, you can't really downplay the importance of apps. When you have a whole world of choice in Apps, you will see what I mean....just wait until we get the Android App, and more Apps get released for this...you like it now, it will be a whole other device in a couple months.

YOU may speak for yourself on why YOU purchased your iPad. I don't make my purchases based on 2 commercials, I have nobody to keep up with, I could really care less what anybody else has. I have an iPhone, and I love it. That doesn't make me hate the Blackberry, I just love my iPhone. Now the marketing is great in it's simplicity, but I bought mine because I wanted a device that does what it does. I don't justify or defend it, and I wouldn't ask anyone to justify or defend their decision to purchase a Droid or Blackberry. It's simple respect, what is good for me, may not necessarily be good for you. Vice Versa, and because I own this does not make me better than you as you are not better than me. This feeling that you have to defend your purchase by putting down other products or what others decided to purchase is silly

Honestly, people take this brand loyalty a little too seriously.
    05-20-11 06:41 PM
    Kids have ipads. Was going to get my own and checked out the playbook. When I turn off flash Im just 3 inches from having one (just kidding). The kids wont let me use it they love the smaller screen and can visit some of their flash websites. I no doubt will replace all the ipads with playbooks.

Oh yes I forgot. It doesnt look so juvenile when I use it. It looks a bit more adult.
    Last edited by bpdude; 05-20-11 at 08:25 PM.
    05-20-11 08:22 PM
    ipads is same apple regurgitation as iphones.can you tell me what is so impressive about apple products that people line up at apple stores the night before a launch? a mac is the only apple product that i have and been delighted with and thats because my hp labtop gave out on me a long time ago.im too smart to fall for steve jobs inventions.i will never an apple loyalist and im happy about it.
    05-20-11 09:10 PM
    A. What's an iPad?
    05-20-11 09:24 PM
    Reasons I didn't buy an iPad.

1. People I know who have them, don't use it because they find it too big and impractical.

2. The iOS ecosystem and all the associated nonsense that goes with it (I'm lookin' at you iTunes)

3. Related to #2, iTunes insists on owning specific files types - however some of my more arcane production (multimedia) software needs ownership...iTunes breaks things.

4. I've trusted my BB for years (I bought my first BB in 2000)...the security is outstanding.

5. Form factor...it's small enough to be practical, and does what it promises.

6. Last, and least, I'm cynical enough to know that when Steve Jobs et al say the iPad is "magical," "incredible," and "simple," they're talking about, in order, magical that their old hardware sells for as much as it does, incredible that anyone buys it, and simple as the people who buy them (re: sheep)

ps: I'm not as cranky as the last one sounds, but I really am always impressed how otherwise, supposedly jaded hipsters just buy into the Apple hype and reality distortion field. It's truly magical.
    05-20-11 11:00 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD