I love:

The fact that it fits into my back pocket of my jeans perfectly! Great for the bus or walking around!

Data is free! Thanks Telus and RIM!

The pixel density is nice! It's a pleasure to watch.

When I get a BBM or email, I get notified immediately and I don't ever have to pull out my phone! Yesss RIM!
    09-24-11 12:35 AM
    The PB IMHO is the best tablet out for pics and video. My wife drops her iPad2 on the counter and runs to grab my PB every time our 18 month old grandson is nearby.
    09-24-11 12:40 AM
    The PB IMHO is the best tablet out for pics and video. My wife drops her iPad2 on the counter and runs to grab my PB every time our 18 month old grandson is nearby.
    uh oh - look out another short few months and he will be the one grabbing it. OR could you post a video of him grabbing the ipad? That would be cool.
    09-24-11 01:00 AM
    uh oh - look out another short few months and he will be the one grabbing it. OR could you post a video of him grabbing the ipad? That would be cool.
    Blackjack, unfortunately the little guy will not be in town again until Oct 22, heck at my age I have to rest up till then so I can keep up with the little dude.

But, he does prefer to grab my PB over the Ipad, probably because I have all the cool videos on it that he likes to watch.
    09-24-11 01:17 AM
    Blackjack, unfortunately the little guy will not be in town again until Oct 22, heck at my age I have to rest up till then so I can keep up with the little dude.

But, he does prefer to grab my PB over the Ipad, probably because I have all the cool videos on it that he likes to watch.
    A child after my own heart - he has great taste
    By then OS 2.0 should be out - ask him how he likes it.
    09-24-11 02:24 AM
    thanks for this thread. refreshing change of scenery. I love my PB, and it's only going to get better.

i actually think it's quite amusing that people would purposely come to a blackberry website to spread their hate. really? please get a new hobby.
    09-24-11 09:08 AM
    I'm going to go look at a PlayBook today. I'm very excited. The only tab experience I've had is an ipad one, mostly playing unblockme and some internet surfing.

I'm interested is comparing a 10 inch tab to 7.
    09-25-11 07:25 AM
    Have fun chrisy520. You should try the other tabs that will be there also and choose which you like best even if that isn't the playbook.
    09-25-11 08:03 AM
    Have fun chrisy520. You should try the other tabs that will be there also and choose which you like best even if that isn't the playbook.
    Troll

Yeah, I will!
    09-25-11 08:26 AM
    No matter negative comment,i am still loving what i'm holding now,my pb...i really don't understand why those ppl bough it and keep complaining it,for some they don't even own a pb...any update or not really not bothering me much,i have enough to have my bb and pb...hope you guys also enjoy what you're holding,your pb
    09-25-11 08:42 AM
    Very happy with my PB. Form factor is awesome!. No need to register it at the entrance of many buildings as I had to do before with my lappy. I even take it to the supermarket, sometimes in my jacket sometimes under my arm.
    Appearance, screen and speed are top notch. Because of me showing off at office 4 of my workmates have bought one for themselves and two more are making the line! Web and media experience are outstanding too, yes of course there are things to improve, for me not related with PIM or apps but functionality (keyboard, docs togo, usb file management) hope this will change in less than a month....
    Last edited by rleo25; 09-25-11 at 09:56 PM.
    09-25-11 09:32 AM
    I'm a dev, spending a lot of time trying to figure out how people will use the thing a year or two down the road (i.e. when it's a solid success and all this early crap is out of the way). I carry it with me almost everywhere, except the odd time I want to do a quick walk/jog without a jacket (skinny *** == small pant pockets ).

One thing I really like about the PlayBook is how great a size and shape it is to just sit unobtrusively near me, on a side table, the dinner table, arm of a chair, shoved down beside my seat in the car, or even just held under one leg as we bounce along on a hay ride (yes, I actually did that yesterday).

The industrial designer (Todd Wood, and/or his team) was brilliant, picking things like the Moleskine notebooks as the inspiration and guide for the form factor. It almost never gets in my way, feels comfortable in the hand, and although I'd like a couple hundred grams knocked off the weight, I'm sure that will come in the future as battery tech and another generation reworks it a bit.

While the apps and features are currently lacking (uh oh, a negative) in some areas, I can tell that over time as more feature-complete ones are released, this thing will be a near-perfect tool to replace numerous notebooks, lists, audio recording devices, cameras, index cards, pens, reference materials, and often laptops, which I would otherwise sometimes have with me -- but many times not... and that's the whole point. With the PlayBook I'll have most of the things I need or want for real mobility, with me whenever I want it.

I don't really believe Jobs thinks 7" tablets are truly DOA, but if he does, I can only say he certainly doesn't understand my demographic. I'm glad there's at least one company which really gets it, even if they're not yet where they need to be to fully meet my needs.
    rleo25, Cozmik and klc99 like this.
    09-25-11 10:06 AM
    I like:

* the size: perfect for reading, walking around, fitting in my purse, sitting up in bed with.
    * typing: I did get a keyboard, but it's so easy to type while holding, that about half the time it's just quicker to thumb-type
    * connectivity: hooking up to wi-fi has been seamless, painless, and fast everywhere. But when the wifi and all internet access went down at work, I just Bridged it, and left everyone else in the dust.

You know I luv my PB when I look forward to shutting down the desktop at night so I can get comfy in bed with my PB and read, game, do whatever. "Honey, I'm taking my PB and going to bed. See you in there."
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-25-11 04:26 PM
    Had to come in here for shelter - how refreshing. Is there a doctor in the house? I'm all beat up from loving my playbook.
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-25-11 04:42 PM
    Had to come in here for shelter - how refreshing. Is there a doctor in the house? I'm all beat up from loving my playbook.
    No doctor but there are some who've seen doctors on tv and can also play one and can provide you a remedy or two (now back to some of our other threads....)
    09-25-11 05:15 PM
    No doctor but there are some who've seen doctors on tv and can also play one and can provide you a remedy or two (now back to some of our other threads....)
    This has to be a nightmare -
    Wrong thread F2 - wrong forum if you ask me lol
    09-25-11 07:09 PM
    I like the size of the playbook. I like the beautiful screen. I like how it has never frozen on me yet. I like how the browser renders virtually everything just like a desktop. I like the music player. I like the price of the playbook. I like the ruggedness of the playbook. I really like the stereo speakers on the playbook that get quite loud and have very good sound quality for a device like this.
    09-25-11 08:25 PM
    Wow it's so nice here! Anyway PBs a great multi-tasker, flash capable and super stealthy size to carry/use at work. Feel secure for banking, day-trading, shopping etc with my music playing in the background. Very interested in upgrading to the 64 GB with current deals and OS V2 around the corner and pass the 16 GB to my son.
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-25-11 08:37 PM
    There's another thread about how people like watching video on the playbook and 'the turtle' started being mentioned. I didn't know what they meant but it ended up being the one in the promo video. The funny thing, before someone said what it meant another poster who is normally negative about bb thought they were referring to the playbook as 'the turtle' more specifically I think as 'the tortoise', in the 'tortoise and the hare'. I think with the updates coming this is just the beginning for the playbook
    09-25-11 10:03 PM
    Me too, I must have missed all the excitement. I've posted a few times here but this will be my first "I love my Playbook" post. I love it so much I didn't call it PB...lol.

I use it 60% for work and 40% for fun. I'm sure as I learn it more I'll be using it more for work. I got the PB so that I can take pictures when I'm doing estimates for clients. I'm going to eventually make videos to show potential clients how my company does the work. It will help explain things so much better then trying to explain in words.

What's cool is I can take a picture of a potential job, send it via the Bridge email to the office and the office can create a pdf estimate and email it to the client (or back to the PB so I can show the client).

The video quality is amazing and SO CLEAR. The Bridge is working great these days and even though I haven't had ANYTHING to complain about, all these new updates that are coming out is going to make things even better.

Someone asked me about the PB and they mentioned the iPad. I basically said that the iPad has been out longer and there are a lot of apps for it. There's a lot of great things about the iPad but the PB was best suited for me because of my BB. I also mentioned that more and more apps are coming out for the PB. It's not even 1 year since it's release so it takes time. He appreciated my honesty and said that his friend had a different look at the comparison (saying the iPad sucked). I'm sure it doesn't and from what little time I've played with the iPad, it's cool.

Recently I was on vacation (which is when I got the PB) and a few couples stayed together in a large Condo. There were 3 iPads and my PB. None of them really had anything negative about the PB because they don't frequent these types of Forums and haven't heard all the negative comments going both ways. They simply played with the PB and really liked it. I don't think any of them are going to switch because they already have a tablet. They enjoyed the clarity of the screen and the multitasking. Flash was a bonus too.

I'm sure most tablets on the market have their benefits but my Playbook is a great little tool for work and basically what I need. Portable, fast, HD video, multitasking, flash and so much more to come.

If I have one negative thing to say...that because there is so much more to come and that means I don't have to go out and buy a PB2 but rather just update the OS (for free I might add), I DON'T MIND WAITING. I mean maybe I'm coming into the "game" a little late but really???, all this complaining about having to WAIT. OMG... It's as if this generation is the "I need it NOW" generation. Nothing wrong with wanting things but some people just don't know how to wait without complaining. They have every right to complain....I guess I just don't get it why they're always in a rush...

Glad I got one.
    Scrapegoat, peter9477 and AggreX like this.
    09-26-11 12:32 AM
    I know that DevCon & 2.0 are the entire universe at the moment, but I just need to share.

My husband got his PB just a couple weeks ago, after a couple of months of envying mine. He is a sound tech, and I hesitated to recommend a PB to him, because some of the equipment he uses has controller features using Windows or iPad tools. Anyways, he got a Playbook.
    Last night he was running sound at a live event, and someone needed a security key (code) for the server. He bbm'd the network manager, who sent a key as a pdf attachment -- too small to read easily on the Blackberry, but my husband quickly bridged, pulled up the email, opened the pdf, stretched to enlarge the key text, and the guy who needed it was able to easily read the code off the playbook screen.
    Everyone was incredibly impressed at how simple the task was, using the BB / Playbook combo.

A little later, he had an issue with a mono / stereo channel setting on the new digital board. It's a complicated thing, and they've only been using it a very short time, and the band was already playing so there was no time to phone anybody or "experiment." So... he just pulled up the manual for the board which he had saved on his Playbook,
    answered his own question, and made the change.

Twice in one night the Playbook saved the day.
    He's very happy.
    10-19-11 03:25 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the mods do not do a good job of preventing trolls from appearing on what was once an amazing site for RIM users .. but if you can filter through the garbage commentary by those who know little about RIM or their products ... you will find that in large the site can be very helpful .. and that there are some very bright and accomplished people who use RIM products in their daily life ... many!!! ... and those that share the view that RIM products are, in large part, outstanding and reliable productivity tools ...

Just using the Bold 9900 tells me so!! .. would not trade it for any smart phone out there! ...

... and the Playbook is a great product as well .... and will get a whole lot better very, very soon! ...

Enjoy and ignore the trolls who have nothing better to do ... or in some cases, are paid by those who have shorted RIM stock in the hopes of financial gain ...to rant BS ....

Most have never even used RIM products .. and have nothing intelligent to add to discussions here at Crackberry .....
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 10-19-11 at 04:27 PM.
    10-19-11 04:25 PM
    It was a simple request......positive only. Why is this so difficult. Put negative comments elsewhere. Positive here.

Like any critical thinker, I need a balance. I am happy looking here for positive. There is plenty of negative elsewhere. Thanks for this thread. Keep it positive!!
    10-19-11 04:31 PM
    Unfortunately, the mods do not do a good job of preventing trolls from appearing on what was once an amazing site for RIM users .. but if you can filter through the garbage commentary by those who know little about RIM or their products ... you will find that in large the site can be very helpful .. and that there are some very bright and accomplished people who use RIM products in their daily life ... many!!! ... and those that share the view that RIM products are, in large part, outstanding and reliable productivity tools ...

Just using the Bold 9900 tells me so!! .. would not trade it for any smart phone out there! ...

... and the Playbook is a great product as well .... and will get a whole lot better very, very soon! ...

Enjoy and ignore the trolls who have nothing better to do ... or in some cases, are paid by those who have shorted RIM stock in the hopes of financial gain ...to rant BS ....

Most have never even used RIM products .. and have nothing intelligent to add to discussions here at Crackberry .....
    We can't "prevent" trolls from appearing, and they've been an issue here since day one, just like any other forum. What we ask is that you report any posts that don't contribute to the thread topic, and allow us to handle them. Ranting about them simply adds fuel to their fire.
    10-19-11 04:57 PM
    30 - 42 = -12.

Umad bro?

In case you don't get it, its negative.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 10-19-11 at 05:11 PM.
    10-19-11 04:58 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD