10-25-11 10:37 AM
- Ok, seems for the last few days I'm read more negative comments than anything else. i started this thread for people to ONLY post the things of the Playbook you like MOST! I don't want to see anything on OS2 or any of that PLEASE!!
For me, I really like the bridge features! I love having full internet and browser while taking a 14hour drive without an extra data plan!
I absolutely love the size of the Playbook, makes it very convenient when on location or even wandering around the office.
i haven't seen a tablet flow like the Playbook when using multiple apps or even multiple browser windows. It has an absolute flawless slide from screen to screen.
There's so much more about this tablet that I truly enjoy, but it would make this post really long and i want to save some for other people.
Cheers and Happy postings09-23-11 03:42 PMLike 11
- I really like being able to connect my Pb with the HDMI cable to my tv for sporting events. Saved me money because I was considering buying one of the cable college football packages. I live in Georgia and I'm lucky to catch 2 games of Texas Tech every year. I've caught the first two and I think I'll catch alot more. What a savings its been.09-23-11 04:23 PM
- Hopefully for those who are TRULY interested in the PB and can see the advantages of the device in action by those who have it for what it is and as it is, may go buy one. Every time someone comes to these forums and see negative statements about the PB why would they buy it? These are the go to forums for Blackberries and the Playbook, they need to show positive aspect of the device. These Playbook threads you to be full of happy positive excitement, now just disappointment. Lets show the positives one more time and see if maybe just 1 or 2 people will remember why they bought the Playbook and the enjoyment they got from it a few months ago.
I love taking notes on the playbook and no longer carrying stacks of paper with me everywhere i go!09-23-11 04:34 PM
- You idiotic fool, you! Have you not realized the Boo-Hoo Patrol lurks around every happy PlayBook owner thread corner?!? They will be deploying the Wet Blanket Squad posthaste to remind us of our absolute folly in being happy with what the PlayBook currently offers, as well as remind us of the supposed failure it is despite most buyers being perfectly happy with it!!! You fool! How dare you rile the doomsday dealers yet again!
That aside, and at the risk of being tarred, feathered, skinned alive, dragged through the town square, and drawn and quartered for the temerity to actually love the PlayBook as is, I must say I love the new Bridge capabilities. Actually purchased tickets on the road to a venue a few days ago. It must really be nice to have so much money that someone would actually WANT to pay for a separate 3G/4G data plan instead of using their phone's existing data plan.
I also love being able to use it as a 1080P HD camcorder. There have also been myriad other little features that have made my Applehead fianc say "this is so cool!"
Last edited by tayl0rd; 09-23-11 at 04:39 PM.09-23-11 04:36 PM
- Watched a movie, played Deadspace and listened to music on a plane three weeks ago. Email and BBM with it every day. Love using apps like Poynt and Score without having to be around wifi or tether.
Saving $20 a month on a tablet data plan is also nice.09-23-11 04:39 PMLike 3
- By the way have you checked out the new guitar tuner app? It's AWESOME! You can sing into it even and it tells you what note you sang and how off key you are.
Check it out. Smile. Be happy...
Not sure if the guitar app is out but the drum one is pretty cool by jeflemon
Should keep you busy while we wait for OS2.0
response to mod deleted post.
Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-23-11 at 08:12 PM.09-23-11 05:08 PM
- I'd just like to see the same civility as seen in the Android sub-forum. Check out this thread as an example:
The irony is that if some of the same problems discussed were in a BB product, it would get raked over the coals as a total failure, a sign of RIM's demise, etc, etc. Not to mention that raking would be done by some of the same posters who are nothing but helpful and positive regardless of the problem in Android...09-23-11 05:46 PM
- ChrisySeeker of the Way
So I'd use the PB mainly for internet VIA a BB.09-23-11 05:59 PM
- After buying (and returning) my launch day PlayBook I didn't have a lot of good things to say about it....nice screen, good speakers etc.
But now, whole different story. I have had me new one for 3 days and I can't put it down. The bridge works now! The browser isn't hanging on me anymore. There are a number of other improvements that make this tablet an absolute joy to use now. Yes there is room for improvement but as it stands now, I personally am quite happy with it. And my wife loves hers too.09-23-11 06:02 PM
- I'm not trying to turn my head on the flaws of the PB. All I'm trying to do with a post like this is to show the good it. Every other thread you look at is bashing the PB for one reason or another. Does the PB have room for improvements? Yes, as do ALL electronic devicesN not a one is perfect. But why does every thread have to resort to bashing? As is the playbook has a ton of great features, but if anyone came to these forums to find out about them all they'll read is negative. This forum has how many members, and not everyone will use their PB the same. I started this to see what others find great about their PB.
Same reason I started the how is you playbook used thread, to compare how we each use our playbooks in a positive light.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-23-11 06:18 PM
- I thought this would be a nice thread, and was going to say something good about the PB, but at this point the thread's already been spoiled. Trolls, negativism and, sorry blackjack, but even your negativism about the trolls coming in yet again is just too much to handle... one or two comments slapping them down is bad enough (remember: don't feed the trolls!) but I've just skimmed three pages, with about half the posts appearing to come from you, and I didn't see many "this is a good feature" posts among them.
(Even sadder is that five people will probably jump on this post, or jump on blackjack now by agreeing with me. Guys: give it a freakin' rest! Maybe someone can start this thread over again and you'll all keep it on topic? Too much to ask, I know...)09-23-11 06:22 PM
Shelter from the storm is not bad.
Tim09-23-11 06:43 PM
- You're asking the wrong person, as i never once bashed the PlayBook, ever. I've been quietly reading about It.
This isn't the first thread created solely for the rebuttal factor. That is, a thread made in response of other threads, which the OP doesn't like.
That's all. I don't mind reading positive PB posts at all. There are a lot of good PB threads too though.
But this thread is obvious fluff, only meant to defend against the totality of anti PB posts. It's just kinda silly and pointless. The title says it all. You want to ne reassured you made a.good purchase. If you are happy with the PB, cool. Why ask for others to validate you?
I can list 20 cool things about the PB by having read CracKBerry for a week.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-23-11 06:43 PM
- Michelle HaagMobile Nations StaffThread cleaned of off topic comments. The topic isn't "Is this thread pointless" or to debate trolls.
List the things you LIKE about the PlayBook. The end.
And funny... you all complain about the trolls and the comments in this thread... yet not a single one of you reported any of it.09-23-11 06:55 PMLike 7
- Wow, i never write on forums, but I can't believe people actually have the time of day to go on a blackberry site to troll against BB users! Anyways I don't take any sides! I'm writing this on an iPad and super excited that I bought a playbook for $300 tonight! My wife will use the ipad2 and the playbook is mined to bridge with the 9900 I have
I wouldn't dare login to macrumors site to bash apple users. Absolutely pathetic, really. Why would anyone? I have an iMac also for my main pc, but for a phone, I at least like to control something as simple as font size! I sold my iPhone 4 after leaving the torch (which I didn't like at all - keyboard, size)
Anyways I have an open mind. Apple is great at some things, blackberry at others and neither of them is the best and it's really in the eye of the beholder. I really hated the iPhone though! Phone for dummies...
Gonna go play with the pb now09-23-11 07:07 PMLike 4
- Thank you for this thread. As for all of you who don't share this point of view, we simply have nothing to say to you.
I appreciate the quality of the Playbook. Have you picked up any other tablet as of late? Or attempt handling 10 inch tablets perhaps? Takes 5 minutes and you will instantly feel the difference in quality. May I also praise its video/audio output? To all that are reading this thread and are considering purchasing a tablet, please consider viewing all Crackberry Playbook demo videos and you learn how to appreciate the Playbook's potential to continuously please.
RIM recognizes quality of product.09-23-11 07:09 PM
- kbz1960Doesn't MatterWow I guess I missed all the drama in this thread and that's fine with me. I love the size, the screen, the flash (most of the time) and the all around hardware and OS. If 2.0 is what it should be then it will be an awesome little tab.09-23-11 07:48 PM
- My PB makes me money and helps when some guys sit and try to spout out incorrect facts...
PB Fact Check, Aisle 1 for cleanup!!!
As an IT Exec, and part time political consultant, it is an absolute dream. This last bridge update knocked a HOME RUN and has basically made my laptop damn near obsolete. The fact that I can carry my PB in my cargo pocket or in my hand is a dream... What is really awesome is to just whip it out and never have to pull my 9850 out of its holster except to answer calls.
My wife loves her too... but she has an IP4 phone and uses the hotspot feature which burns up her battery pretty fast (IP4 battery that is). She LOVES the camera! Tons of video and pictures...09-23-11 07:52 PM
- my personal views on negative posts/threads...
2) people have nothing else better to do but to start threads...'oh look at me, i learned how to press the new topic button, now give me some attention'.
i all but stopped reporting threads/posts...i just ignore them now but the problem us all the threads asking for help or actual useful information gets pushed down.
look at the first page...there more negative/redundant theads then real information or people asking for help seeking answers.09-23-11 07:57 PM
- What I love about PB:
1. No extra data plan - bridge is simply awesome and I think a wickedly kewl innovation.
2. Thumb typing - love being able to thumb type bb style in landscape mode.
3. Screen - HD is eye popping on this screen.
4. HDMI - Use the PB as a media centre, awesome.
5.Games - yes there are quality ones - NFS, Deadspace, Tofu, Spacelings, Grid, etc.
6. Calculator - havent seen one like this anywhere!
7. Browser - joy to use and gives me access to the fullish web.
8. Reading - same size as a paperback novel which is awesome.
9. Speakers - built in speakers are really good.
10. Bezel swipes - i love swiping up down, side to side...its become such a habit i try doing this on all other devices!!
Many others, but this is my top 10.09-24-11 12:16 AMLike 7
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD