I'm really confused...

I've recently been seeing TV commercials showing the new TWC TV app being used on a laptop, BlackBerry PlayBook and a smartphone. It's the commercial where PGA golfer Ian Poulter, NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne and New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz are sitting on a couch.
    Here's a link to the video. It's hard to tell on the YouTube video that it's a PlayBook, but on my 65" HDTV it clearly is!
    Enjoy Better - Remote Control - YouTube

I am 100% certain that it is a BlackBerry PlayBook that they are showing, but yet the TWC app isn't available for BlackBerry!! And yes, I am aware of Android TWC TV ports that are supposed to work, but I'm not about to jump thru hoops to find a work-around.

I really want to know why Time Warner is showing the BlackBerry PlayBook in their TV commercial, when they don't even support it!!.

Here's more info on the TWC TV campaign if you're interested.
    Time Warner Cable Launches "The Coach" TV Campaign - FierceCable
    07-04-13 05:27 PM
    that sure is a playbook....shame on u TWC shame on u lol
    07-04-13 05:33 PM
    LOL. I guess they used the PB as a prop and didn't care if they broke it during the scuffle. Did you see anything actually on the screen?
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 07-04-13 at 05:55 PM.
    07-04-13 05:42 PM
    I'm really confused...

I've recently been seeing TV commercials showing the new TWC TV app being used on a laptop, BlackBerry PlayBook and a smartphone. It's the commercial where PGA golfer Ian Poulter, NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne and New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz are sitting on a couch.
    Here's a link to the video. It's hard to tell on the YouTube video that it's a PlayBook, but on my 65" HDTV it clearly is!
    Enjoy Better - Remote Control - YouTube

I am 100% certain that it is a BlackBerry PlayBook that they are showing, but yet the TWC app isn't available for BlackBerry!! And yes, I am aware of Android TWC TV ports that are supposed to work, but I'm not about to jump thru hoops to find a work-around.

I really want to know why Time Warner is showing the BlackBerry PlayBook in their TV commercial, when they don't even support it!!.

Here's more info on the TWC TV campaign if you're interested.
    Time Warner Cable Launches "The Coach" TV Campaign - FierceCable
    Do you have a link to the bar file? I don't normally sideload but if it works, I'll try it. Hope it lets you transmit by HDMI. Android app won't let you unless you root.
    07-04-13 05:44 PM
    LOL. I guess they used the PB as a prop and didn't care if they broke it during the scuffle. Did you see anything actually on the screen?
    There is something on the screen when the PlayBook Is handed to Cruz. But you can't really tell what it is.

Posted via my bad azzzz "Z"
    07-04-13 06:10 PM
    In case anyone wants to ask Time Warner for a BB10 version of their app, here is a TWC forum post that I started.

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5.../m-p/2171#M157

Posted via my bad azzzz "Z"
    07-04-13 08:18 PM
    I haven't tried to load the app but here is a link to it:

TWC TV for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Audio and Video Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps

If anyone tries it, or has used it already, let us know! I'd be interested to hear if it works since I have TWC.
    07-04-13 08:37 PM
    I was also looking for the Optimum TV app but nothing on BlackBerry World for PlayBook. I also tried the android app but it wouldn't even open.

Maybe android player 4.2 will have a fix for this.
    07-05-13 12:27 AM
    Have you tried tablet tv for the PB ....works great
    07-05-13 06:37 PM
    Have you tried tablet tv for the PB ....works great
    Yep, I use both Tablet TV and Tablet HD TV Pro. They both work great!

Either way, I'd still really like to have the TWC TV app on my PB & Z10 since it would also let me access the additional premium channels that I subscribe to.
    07-05-13 06:48 PM