Kevin,

I do believe it is time for an official request to RIM for a little bit of info on the where-a-bouts of our playbook update. I feel that to much time has gone on, and if RIM isn't going to be releasing an update tomorrow, they should at least let us all know what's going on, and why they have failed to live up to the "2 week" impression they gave us.

So please, this is an official request from one of your followers, requesting you to be a voice for us and get a response from RIM.... Unless you already have - LoL

Thanks Kevin!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 11:28 PM
    "Impression" being the key word there. AFAIK, RIM never laid out a schedule of updates.
    05-26-11 11:32 PM
    There was never a timeframe given but you would think we could maybe get an update on the progress of the update or at least some vague leaked information

05-26-11 11:46 PM
    "Impression" being the key word there. AFAIK, RIM never laid out a schedule of updates.
    no they never set a date, sadly this is the fourth thread of its type in last 24 hours, maybe if people stopped moaning about updates and used the search button we wouldnt have all these duplicate threads.
    mr1030 likes this.
    05-26-11 11:48 PM
    There was never a timeframe given but you would think we could maybe get an update on the progress of the update or at least some vague leaked information

right. but i thought they had said something about rolling updates every two weeks - or something to this effect. maybe i dreamed this one night? who knows?

05-26-11 11:49 PM
    no they never set a date, sadly this is the fourth thread of its type in last 24 hours, maybe if people stopped moaning about updates and used the search button we wouldnt have all these duplicate threads.
    my intent of this thread was not to moan about the lack of an update, but rather to see if we could get our fearless leader to solicit a response from RIM. its killing me not knowing whats going on... i could relax and give the update button a break if i knew it was weeks away yet - lol

05-26-11 11:53 PM
    my intent of this thread was not to moan about the lack of an update, but rather to see if we could get our fearless leader to solicit a response from RIM. its killing me not knowing whats going on... i could relax and give the update button a break if i knew it was weeks away yet - lol

they'll release it when its ready. as ya cant put a fixed date on that theres no point in asking. also please recall the bbworld convo kevin had on the podcast re updates, apparently shooting for every month (shooting for doesnt mean will happen) so even if they stuck to that then u still gotta wait. sit back, relax, when update is out it'll be on front page im sure.
    05-26-11 11:57 PM
    they'll release it when its ready. as ya cant put a fixed date on that theres no point in asking. also please recall the bbworld convo kevin had on the podcast re updates, apparently shooting for every month (shooting for doesnt mean will happen) so even if they stuck to that then u still gotta wait. sit back, relax, when update is out it'll be on front page im sure.
    true enough. its hard to relax though i'll try and take your advice

05-27-11 12:01 AM
    right. but i thought they had said something about rolling updates every two weeks - or something to this effect. maybe i dreamed this one night? who knows?

They said updates would be done as frequently as every 2 weeks. That could mean an update could come as soon as 2 weeks after the last or as late as never.
    05-27-11 12:08 AM
    true enough. its hard to relax though i'll try and take your advice

Very hard to relax. May need to take a break from the crackberry to calm down.
    05-27-11 12:10 AM
    They said updates would be done as frequently as every 2 weeks. That could mean an update could come as soon as 2 weeks after the last or as late as never.
    A reasonable interpretation of "as frequently as 2 weeks" is that there would be some correlation between the frequency of updates and the need for the updates. As I see it, this is such a time of compelling need, based on the existing, and for more than a few, intolerable limitations of the current build. The hardware and QNX are as advertised and promised, perhaps even more than that. But the level of limited functionality, if allowed to persist, will approach material misrepresentation on the part of RIM. There has been discussion here and elsewhere about the reasons for a general rule to not provide statements about pending upgrades. I think current conditions easily qualify as special circumstances that demand an exception to the rule, particularly when you consider that preparing and disseminating a meaningful statement is neither costly or prohibitively difficult.
    05-27-11 12:28 AM
    relax. rim is preparing for another weekend. holidays you now. they are still people. need holiday and rest. so maybe next week. september is still long anyway
    05-27-11 12:38 AM
    A reasonable interpretation of "as frequently as 2 weeks" is that there would be some correlation between the frequency of updates and the need for the updates. As I see it, this is such a time of compelling need, based on the existing, and for more than a few, intolerable limitations of the current build. The hardware and QNX are as advertised and promised, perhaps even more than that. But the level of limited functionality, if allowed to persist, will approach material misrepresentation on the part of RIM. There has been discussion here and elsewhere about the reasons for a general rule to not provide statements about pending upgrades. I think current conditions easily qualify as special circumstances that demand an exception to the rule, particularly when you consider that preparing and disseminating a meaningful statement is neither costly or prohibitively difficult.
    I totally agree with you. I was just applying the most relaxed interpretation so as not to be let down when it doesn't happen every 2 weeks.
    05-27-11 12:41 AM
    relax. rim is preparing for another weekend. holidays you now. they are still people. need holiday and rest. so maybe next week. september is still long anyway
    They are almost as bad as Volvo with these holidays and long weekends. I called my local Volvo dealer to ask about when the 2012 S60 "R-Design" would be available and was told that it was delayed, they didn't get around to starting production as planned before their month long summer vacation.
    05-27-11 12:44 AM
    volvo get swallowed by SAIC isn't it?
    but rim will stay put, no problem. they got like 22 billion $. maybe better for them to buy palm in the first place.
    i've seen blackberry playbook initiative somewhere on the cracknews. what happened to it?
    05-27-11 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD