Hello all,

I shot this video off my balcony today, I set the PlayBook up on a stationary mount and let it record until it hit the internal limit of what appears to be an hour and 6 minutes, I then compressed it down to one minute and threw a few edits into it.

This is the result:

Video mode was 720p, total time was 1 hour and 6 minutes. File size before editing was about 3.5 GB.

Is the PlayBook camera awesome or what!
    05-31-12 12:04 AM
    Edit: There was originally a post above this one, by another user. Not sure where it went?

You see a lot of birds and other objects flow through a few frames, and admittedly the trees look like they're macro-blocking pretty hard, but to be fair that's just how I encoded the edited video. The original footage on the PlayBook has no artefacts like that.

Last edited by wxmancanada; 05-31-12 at 07:22 PM.
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-31-12 12:12 AM
    Uh, something is rotten in Denmark. How is that time lapse? There is a roadway in the bottom right hand corner of the shot, and if this is a timelapse video the cars on the roadway are moving at about 1/4 miles per hour.
    05-31-12 12:15 AM
    What did u use to compress it?
    Ben1232 likes this.
    05-31-12 12:17 AM
    Uh, something is rotten in Denmark. How is that time lapse? There is a roadway in the bottom right hand corner of the shot, and if this is a timelapse video the cars on the roadway are moving at about 1/4 miles per hour.
    The top half of the video is running at 30X speed, the bottom is a section of the video running at 1X speed. Splice them together and you have that effect I did it this way to prevent the trees from snapping around like, well, trees blowing in the wind that have been sped up 30X. It's easier on the eye this way.
    mszbzltn and PatrickMJS like this.
    05-31-12 12:17 AM
    What did u use to compress it?
    I edited and compressed it all in Avid Media Composer.
    05-31-12 12:18 AM
    Nice..
    I liked the idea of Upper half spped up
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 12:52 AM
    Aweomse... now we await a time-lapse vid in a thunder-storm.
    rango10 and kennyliu like this.
    05-31-12 02:07 AM
    This is awesome. He thunder and lighting storm is a great idea
    05-31-12 02:16 AM
    This is cool! Nice that it was done with a playbook too
    05-31-12 05:35 AM
    wow, amazing!!
    05-31-12 06:19 AM
    Excellent video. I really like the idea of cars moving at normal speed. I am also getting a Blackberry Playbook soon.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 06:35 AM
    This is awesome! My condo overlooks a gigantic portion of London, Ontario so I'm really considering doing this! But this morning, I took a look out the window, and it was extremely green and pretty. It's no wonder they call London "the forest city". I'll have to post my video here if/when I make one!

Also, I need to go check out Ottawa soon - my parents were just there recently mentioning how beautiful it is and same with a couple friends who have lived there!
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 07:04 AM
    *wow* very nice job. I love the two frames idea: well done !
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 09:34 AM
    Very nice video. Makes me want to get out, look for a nice, picturesque view and try it!
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 10:12 AM
    How do you mount the PB?
    05-31-12 10:18 AM
    Nice initiative, cristal clear image and nice landscape too. Thanks for sharing!
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 10:31 AM
    IF you enjoy time lapse photography you can check out Lapse Master app. It snaps a photo every 5 seconds up to 100 hours - you select and let the playbook pile up the photos. You need to them assemble them with a video editor to play them back as a video but at 0.99 it is a good start. You can follow this link for an article on free software to take the images and turn them into an movie to complete the cycle. Good Luck

Article - How To Make A Time-Lapse Video
    05-31-12 02:40 PM
    Great job, editing is really smooth too, thanks for sharing
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 03:26 PM
    A few weeks back someone posted a time lapse of a street crew - it looked like fun.

Ah, same program as Bkillar used.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-video-723566/
    05-31-12 03:42 PM
    Nice! Beautiful work and it is appreciated!
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 04:44 PM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's most appreciated!

This is awesome! My condo overlooks a gigantic portion of London, Ontario so I'm really considering doing this! But this morning, I took a look out the window, and it was extremely green and pretty. It's no wonder they call London "the forest city". I'll have to post my video here if/when I make one!

Also, I need to go check out Ottawa soon - my parents were just there recently mentioning how beautiful it is and same with a couple friends who have lived there!
    Can't wait to see it! As for visiting Ottawa, it's beautiful around the time of year! Very tourist friendly too!

IF you enjoy time lapse photography you can check out Lapse Master app. It snaps a photo every 5 seconds up to 100 hours - you select and let the playbook pile up the photos. You need to them assemble them with a video editor to play them back as a video but at 0.99 it is a good start. You can follow this link for an article on free software to take the images and turn them into an movie to complete the cycle. Good Luck

Article - How To Make A Time-Lapse Video
    I prefer the method I followed, of shooting real video and speeding it up. I've never been really big on photography, more of a videographer myself. Might be worth trying with this app though!

How do you mount the PB?
    Not pretty. I mounted it to an old LG speaker stand I had using a C clamp and a glove to "protect" the PlayBook. See attached picture. I'm working on a more 'professional' mount for it.
    05-31-12 07:27 PM
    That's an excellent video. Time lapse bids are great in HD.

Thanks for sharing
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 07:35 PM
    Not pretty. I mounted it to an old LG speaker stand I had using a C clamp and a glove to "protect" the PlayBook. See attached picture. I'm working on a more 'professional' mount for it
    Nice and solid, no wobble, what more could you want? and simple. Love it!
    Blackberry, for those who get it done, he, he
    Last edited by sputneek; 05-31-12 at 07:42 PM.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    05-31-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD