Before you tell me there was a Blog Post on it. I know.
    Read on.

Well as most avid followers might know, the song's music video had a Playbook in it at 2:10 or something.

I just thought it was interesting to note that it also had Apple in it as well.
    As seen by the lyrics at 3:17

It's gotta be the apple
    I'm the mac daddy, ya'll
    Haters better step back
    Ladies download your app
    I'm the party application rock it just like that

I just thought it was interesting, haha.

KQ9 likes this.
    09-19-11 06:49 PM
    My kids still call this the BlackBerry song after me watching that video so many times just to see the PB lol
    KQ9 and KermEd like this.
    09-19-11 06:57 PM
    My kids still call this the BlackBerry song after me watching that video so many times just to see the PB lol
    I have to admit that this song only reminds me of BlackBerry PlayBook everytime I saw it.

I remember going frame by frame trying to figure out exactly how big it would be in my hands. haha
    KQ9 likes this.
    09-19-11 07:47 PM
    I have to admit that this song only reminds me of BlackBerry PlayBook everytime I saw it.

I remember going frame by frame trying to figure out exactly how big it would be in my hands. haha
    Yep I did the same exact thing. Back then this video was one of the few videos with the PB so I spent a lot of time studying it lol
    KQ9 likes this.
    09-19-11 08:02 PM
    After hearing this song for the millionth time, I realized that Mick Jagger is mentioned.

What the heck is the big deal with him? First he's mention in the opening verse of that damn Ke$ha song. Then this BEP song. Now there's a song with the title and entire hook about being "...like Mick Jagger."

And there are several other references to the Rolling Stones...

I know who Mick Jagger is, but I never understood why he got air time all of a sudden. I don't keep up much with pop culture like I used to (damn, I'm gettin' old...)

Only guess is record labels want to boost publicity for tour dates/album releases? We all know that the record labels are the ones who really control the music/lyrics anyway...

/end thread jack

I just thought it was interesting to note that it also had Apple in it as well.
    As seen by the lyrics at 3:17

It's gotta be the apple
    I'm the mac daddy, ya'll
    Haters better step back
    Ladies download your app
    I'm the party application rock it just like that

I just thought it was interesting, haha.

Not sure if you knew, but the BEP member who's rapping those particular lyrics goes by Apl.de.Ap, or simply just APL prounced like apple. "App" is even in his name, so it's fitting But yeah, does seem like product placement in favor for Apple.
    Last edited by jranciano; 09-20-11 at 12:53 AM.
    09-20-11 12:48 AM
    its probably the only thing they can think of that rhymes with swagger
    JR A likes this.
    09-20-11 01:53 AM
    I had the time of my life and I owe it all to Playbook book book book book
    B. B. bit!!
    *starts breakdancing*

Sorry, I couldn't help it xD
    09-20-11 10:41 AM
    its probably the only thing they can think of that rhymes with swagger
    I think thats Mick Jagger haha.
    09-20-11 08:47 PM