ok guys i ran into this web site maybe u know it already "crackle.com" and watch movies and shows, come on ipad can u do it? haha
    04-21-11 10:33 AM
    PB don't need a stink for app that. It just works.

Wait the minute... whatz a iPhone user doing here?
    04-21-11 10:38 AM
    Burn...........
    Foppa_21 and downphoenix like this.
    04-21-11 10:50 AM
    Not only that, but the app also works on the iPhone/iPod Touch, and is a lot more battery-friendly than Flash Player. Can you load up Crackle on any RIM device other than the PlayBook? No, you can't.
    Ok guys Playbook has an infant os and with no apps can do it, that is awesome, the app that is mentioned here is released just now after 4 years of wait iphone can do it but Playbook is doing it ON THE FIRST DAY!!

By the way i have had the iphone for 4 years myself and a playbook for 2 days
    04-21-11 10:54 AM
    Right above you after he got totally owned.
    04-21-11 11:15 AM
    And if I really wanted to on my iPad, I could also use iSwifter and flash works just fine.

Stop being obnoxious and enjoy your choice of tablet while other people enjoy theirs.
    kennyliu likes this.
    04-21-11 12:04 PM
    And if I really wanted to on my iPad, I could also use iSwifter and flash works just fine.

Stop being obnoxious and enjoy your choice of tablet while other people enjoy theirs.
    This is a Playbook forum.

If you want to call someone out, there are more obvious targets, the trolls here for example. If these "other people" are really enjoying their other device, they wouldn't be here wasting their time trolling and they would LET US enjoy our tablet.

And btw, iSwifter is not an elegant workaround for all cases (for instance, you might end up switching back and forth between it and Safari; and everyone but Apple fanboys know switching between apps is ridiculously clumsy with iOS).
    Last edited by Intosh; 04-21-11 at 03:10 PM.
    Hawkeberry likes this.
    04-21-11 12:51 PM

Yeah...umm...no.
    04-21-11 01:02 PM
    Crackle doesn't seem to work for me. It just shows a big white exclamation point.
    I am running 1710, which my playbook says is current.
    Any ideas?
    04-25-11 01:40 PM
    Not only that, but the app also works on the iPhone/iPod Touch, and is a lot more battery-friendly than Flash Player. Can you load up Crackle on any RIM device other than the PlayBook? No, you can't.

You realize what you're saying right...

The fact that you can do all the things you can do on an iPad with your iPhone or iPod, shows that the iPad is simply a big iPod touch - it provides little more than what Apple's smartphone does.

The PlayBook provides the full web - anything you can do on your desktop you can do on a PlayBook, essentially. Apple NEEDS a ridiculous amount (65,000 although only 5,000 or so are useful) of apps to make up for the fact that the browsing experience is lackluster. People should stop complaining about the lack of apps (which will come anyway) on the PlayBook because the whole idea is that the browser is so good, you don't need them.

Until Apple builds flash into the iPad, it's simply a big iPod - and I imagine people like you will keep buying it over and over again because it has an Apple logo on it.
    Megacharge, Berrimad and Cracklen like this.
    04-25-11 01:45 PM
    You realize what you're saying right...

The fact that you can do all the things you can do on an iPad with your iPhone or iPod, shows that the iPad is simply a big iPod touch - it provides little more than what Apple's smartphone does.

The PlayBook provides the full web - anything you can do on your desktop you can do on a PlayBook, essentially. Apple NEEDS a ridiculous amount (65,000 although only 5,000 or so are useful) of apps to make up for the fact that the browsing experience is lackluster. People should stop complaining about the lack of apps (which will come anyway) on the PlayBook because the whole idea is that the browser is so good, you don't need them.

Until Apple builds flash into the iPad, it's simply a big iPod - and I imagine people like you will keep buying it over and over again because it has an Apple logo on it.
    Honestly all of you people beholden to one device in the fanboy camp of either device are ridiculous and each post is worse than the next. Each device has its up and downs, neither is perfect, get over it. Flash would be nice, but it devours batteries and mobile flash isn't all that great anyway. Plash will never be on an IPAD and HTML 5 or its successor may kill it. The locked down Apple iOS is lame and no file system and crappy cameras, lame. High price lame. No native e-mail or any real apps on my PB, lame too. No ATT bridge, MAC support, Netflix, lame. Forgetting about the initial iphone and ipad problems is just as lame as trying to compare the new PB to those original devises, we only care about what you can get now for the money, not what was 2 year old Apple technology. Apps are great, the bridge browser, right now is too slow so give me a break on that one too. All these threads are turning into bad school yard fights with very little useful info...just like this post.
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 04-25-11 at 02:01 PM.
    04-25-11 01:59 PM
    When trying to watch on this site with my playbook this what i get coming up for video.
    12-26-11 01:03 PM
    When trying to watch on this site with my playbook this what i get coming up for video.
    Go into browser settings, I bet your flash is turned off?
    12-26-11 01:11 PM
    all content is 'on' i am stumped
    12-26-11 01:14 PM
    i have popups blocked. would that make a difference
    angrypirate80 likes this.
    12-26-11 01:18 PM
    Words to live by.
    12-26-11 01:24 PM
    i guess this thread is old but i was about to say:

App Store - Crackle - Movies & TV

an app thats actually optimized for the tablet format and doesn't rely on crash-prone, buggy flash (especially on os 2.0 beta 6.x). and its free. awesome.
    12-26-11 01:43 PM
    ok guys i ran into this web site maybe u know it already "crackle.com" and watch movies and shows, come on ipad can u do it? haha
    na na na na na!!
    12-26-11 01:51 PM
    I got an iPad and a Playbook. I hate the iPad and love the Playbook, quirks and all - simply because FLASH IS SUPPORTED and it was 1/3 the price.

plus I'm on Crackberry.com. I thought I had a right to bash Apple products, no?
    12-26-11 01:57 PM
    I got an iPad and a Playbook. I hate the iPad and love the Playbook, quirks and all - simply because FLASH IS SUPPORTED and it was 1/3 the price.

plus I'm on Crackberry.com. I thought I had a right to bash Apple products, no?
    adobe has already cancelled flash for mobile devices.

"We will no longer continue to develop Flash Player in the browser to work with new mobile device configurations (chipset, browser, OS version, etc.)"

flash for mobile has generally always been mainly utilized for video. netflix isn't flash so theres no way to watch it on the playbook nor is there an app available. there is for other devices. popular sites like hulu don't even work on playbook at all. sure if you want to play some flash games i suppose the playbook would be ok at that (don't know, don't care about playing flash games)

anyone even remotely familiar with web/mobile development knows that flash work has been on a MASSIVE decline over the last couple of years. a lot of people were saying HTML5 wasn't going to be popularized for years and years. well guess what? its already here. its also one of the main reasons the playbook browser does HTML5 support really well because they KNOW its a way better area to focus on today.

but yes, the playbook was really cheap to buy. thats a good thing.
    12-26-11 02:05 PM
    Honestly all of you people beholden to one device in the fanboy camp of either device are ridiculous and each post is worse than the next. Each device has its up and downs, neither is perfect, get over it. Flash would be nice, but it devours batteries and mobile flash isn't all that great anyway. Plash will never be on an IPAD and HTML 5 or its successor may kill it. The locked down Apple iOS is lame and no file system and crappy cameras, lame. High price lame. No native e-mail or any real apps on my PB, lame too. No ATT bridge, MAC support, Netflix, lame. Forgetting about the initial iphone and ipad problems is just as lame as trying to compare the new PB to those original devises, we only care about what you can get now for the money, not what was 2 year old Apple technology. Apps are great, the bridge browser, right now is too slow so give me a break on that one too. All these threads are turning into bad school yard fights with very little useful info...just like this post.
    i actually like this post. you make a lot of sense

However I fall under that list of people who feel victimized by Apple, by being an early adoptor of first iPad. Features now supported in iPad 2 include dual core, cameras, wifi mirroring to AppleTV, bluetooth profile that allows Skype usage, I can't think of anything else right now. All of the features I just named actually mattered to me. But Apple offered no upgrade path to iPad 2. Instead they priced their refurb iPad 1 to a lower price than what iPad 1 owners were willing to sell their 1st gens for. Selling iPad 1 to upgrade to iPad 2 suddenly felt like a ripoff.

PLUS, to see that the Playbook browser is awesome right out of the gate while Apple continues to plead their ridiculous case of NOT supporting flash, Apple can go to...

Well anyways, for me bashing Apple is quite easy....... and what better place to do than here??

Posted from my Playbook bridged to *old* Curve 8330, while my iPad 3G with activated data sits in a drawer
    12-26-11 02:24 PM
    adobe has already cancelled flash for mobile devices.

"We will no longer continue to develop Flash Player in the browser to work with new mobile device configurations (chipset, browser, OS version, etc.)"

flash for mobile has generally always been mainly utilized for video. netflix isn't flash so theres no way to watch it on the playbook nor is there an app available. there is for other devices. popular sites like hulu don't even work on playbook at all. sure if you want to play some flash games i suppose the playbook would be ok at that (don't know, don't care about playing flash games)

anyone even remotely familiar with web/mobile development knows that flash work has been on a MASSIVE decline over the last couple of years. a lot of people were saying HTML5 wasn't going to be popularized for years and years. well guess what? its already here. its also one of the main reasons the playbook browser does HTML5 support really well because they KNOW its a way better area to focus on today.

but yes, the playbook was really cheap to buy. thats a good thing.
    my daughter can access Starfall.com TODAY. nuff said
    12-26-11 02:28 PM
    i actually like this post. you make a lot of sense

However I fall under that list of people who feel victimized by Apple, by being an early adoptor of first iPad. Features now supported in iPad 2 include dual core, cameras, wifi mirroring to AppleTV, bluetooth profile that allows Skype usage, I can't think of anything else right now. All of the features I just named actually mattered to me. But Apple offered no upgrade path to iPad 2. Instead they priced their refurb iPad 1 to a lower price than what iPad 1 owners were willing to sell their 1st gens for. Selling iPad 1 to upgrade to iPad 2 suddenly felt like a ripoff.

PLUS, to see that the Playbook browser is awesome right out of the gate while Apple continues to plead their ridiculous case of NOT supporting flash, Apple can go to...

Well anyways, for me bashing Apple is quite easy....... and what better place to do than here??

Posted from my Playbook bridged to *old* Curve 8330, while my iPad 3G with activated data sits in a drawer
    your post literally made no sense. you wanted an upgrade path for dual core??? what? how could selling ipad 1 to get the ipad 2 POSSIBLY be a rip off seeing as you can garner a HUGE percentage of the original price of the ipad 1.

try doing that with the playbook. if you bought it for $499, you probably couldn't even sell it for more than $150 now. talk about 'rip off'.

and of course you obviously purposely neglected to even address my past two posts anyway because you know you have nothing to actually to counter them with. so in other words, just keep on with the "lalala playbook is the best lalala" virtual earmuffs on. by the time you ever take them off, playbook will probably be long gone and forgotten.
    12-26-11 02:29 PM
    your post literally made no sense. you wanted an upgrade path for dual core??? what? how could selling ipad 1 to get the ipad 2 POSSIBLY be a rip off seeing as you can garner a HUGE percentage of the original price of the ipad 1.

try doing that with the playbook. if you bought it for $499, you probably couldn't even sell it for more than $150 now. talk about 'rip off'.

and of course you obviously purposely neglected to even address my past two posts anyway because you know you have nothing to actually to counter them with. so in other words, just keep on with the "lalala playbook is the best lalala" virtual earmuffs on. by the time you ever take them off, playbook will probably be long gone and forgotten.
    ok, here goes

1st post: Crackle app
    response: Not native browser support.

2nd post: Flash no longer developed
    response: Flash is STILL USED *TODAY*

I can only speak from experience, and having native Flash support caused my iPad to sit in a drawer after one week of owning a Playbook.

and whatever you were saying here still doesn't change the fact I feel ripped off by Apple

Posted by my Playbook Bridged to Curve 8330, while contemplating going to Sprint store to upgrade to Bold 9930
    12-26-11 03:27 PM
    Amazon Prime works great on the PlayBook too and is in HD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-11 03:33 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD