Ok I have recently bought a Playbook, seemed like a steal at the price.

Even though there are some cool things about it, I cannot be bothered to use the stupid thing to be honest

The internet browsing speed is a joke, I got much faster speed on my smartphone.
    Websites don't load and work properly sometimes.
    Typing is a chore, my hands go numb very quickly.
    No Android, making Android apps work on it seems a pain in the ***.
    It weighs a tonne.
    I tried transferring some avi files to it, surprise surprise they don't work.

It seems like I would need to invest a lot of time into making the thing usable(android compatability, converting video files etc).

Think I will buy a Nexus 7 and get rid of the damn thing
    12-26-12 04:10 PM
    Maybe post this comment on Android Central then, instead of Crackberry...
    12-26-12 04:14 PM
    hmm... this isn't meant as a bash, but strange your experience varies from many others, mine included - who moved from Android to the PB.

Websites - never have any issues with mine, plus get full functionality, unlike on Android.
    Typing - the keyboard is exceptionally responsive, if you don't like it get a BT add on - but certainly more functional than others.
    No Android?? - except this thing called the Android player which allows android apk apps to be converted & sideloaded, running alongside native pb apps. Don't see this duality in other mobile oses or tablets
    Weighs a tonne - seriously?
    Avi files - again never had a problem, however the Kalemsoft player plays every avi, mp4, mkv I have thrown at it - but most of mine (including xvid / divx hybrid) work on the native player.

So like the comment above i'm sorry its not up to your expectations, and if you want to grab a nexus go ahead - but I think your experience is slightly out of line with what most of us find with the PB. An I speak as a former android and ios tab user who chose freely to get rid of others and move across to the pb for the extensive functionality.
    12-26-12 04:21 PM
    if you check the fourms there are tips for speeding up the browser. turn off FLASH and JavaScript ( but then u looses content)

check wih your doc to see if you have a problem with blood flow. typing on most 7" tablet is pretty much the same

as for content... most my .avi work. But you will find many that have a codec that will not work (torrent much?), so yes u will have to convert it. and yes it is a pain! but you'll find most os can not do all formats.
    SashaBB likes this.
    12-26-12 04:24 PM
    Thanks, I will try the above tips.

I have tried to transfer three films so far to my PB, none have worked, rather annoying
    12-26-12 04:25 PM
    The codec compatibility did slightly put a downer on my first impression, but if you take a look at the Kalemsoft Media Player app, it plays EVERYTHING. I've thrown a lot of files at it and they've all played fine including subtitles.

The keyboard is a beauty once you've got the hang of it. It's even better on portrait.

And for the general public, the Android app compatibility is pretty much non existent seeing as it's not as simple as downloading it off the app store..
    12-26-12 04:35 PM
    I think the taught was the Android Developers would rush to port their apps over to App World. But in reality most didn't care to waste their time, so Sideloading became the next best thing. But it requires a little know how, and TRUST that the .bar files you are downloading off the web are safe.
    12-26-12 04:49 PM
    everyone learns at different rates. if u use baclberry and have for a while, your more likey to understand how they work. sometimes the browser needs the settings to be optimized for what it is your doing online. browsing u should have no prob with ur flash and javascript enabled, and I set my search engine to bing, cuz with a google engine it wasn't broswing up to par. I dunno why the heck it matters but it makes a difference. also if I only have cookies enabled that useually makes it run smoother.

make sure to clean the cache and local storage regularly because that's just basiclly temp data and junk data that gets all clogged up which could effect your ram. once and a while refresh the system entirely by a hard reboot ( hold the power button and the volume up button till it reboots).

for ur fingers, try turning the pb longways in portrait , the keyboard is a lot more compact and rests more naturally in ur hands.
    12-26-12 04:51 PM
    if it's to heavyfor you join a gym
    Tha.Housewife, jimmyb89 and bb624 like this.
    12-26-12 05:16 PM
    huuummm

I just got mine Christmas Monring, and have not been able to put it down since getting it set-up and chagred. I love it, love the speed, love the browsing. Already had my wife use my PB instead of her iPad because mine brings in all web pages, where as her's does not
    bb624 and lynxs_claw like this.
    12-26-12 06:00 PM
    Ok I have recently bought a Playbook, seemed like a steal at the price.

Even though there are some cool things about it, I cannot be bothered to use the stupid thing to be honest

The internet browsing speed is a joke, I got much faster speed on my smartphone.
    Websites don't load and work properly sometimes.
    Typing is a chore, my hands go numb very quickly.
    No Android, making Android apps work on it seems a pain in the ***.
    It weighs a tonne.
    I tried transferring some avi files to it, surprise surprise they don't work.

It seems like I would need to invest a lot of time into making the thing usable(android compatability, converting video files etc).

Think I will buy a Nexus 7 and get rid of the damn thing
    Some intelligence required.
    12-26-12 06:07 PM
    Sashabb I agree you should "get rid of the damn thing" for a more easy to use device that only runs on apps.
    12-26-12 06:10 PM
    ****, sell it, i got $50 for u...i could always use a 2nd playbook...
    12-26-12 06:48 PM
    I smell B S
    12-26-12 11:03 PM
    Really annoyed! I bought my Playbook in February, after my trip from the US it wasn't charging, I called the RIM support and they arranged a pick up and it seemed the my mini usb port had a problem that is not repairable. Kindly they sent me a new playbook as a replacement. Brilliant so far!
    Last same issue happened after attempting to charge my Playbook..no charging no Laptop charging..nothing. Really pissed that is never ending glitch!
    12-27-12 02:17 AM
    Seems like a very simple solution if you wanted android apps, get an android tablet. You can not bash a tablet as you bought the wrong one. This is definately a user issue and not a problem with the hardware. go get yourself an android toy, leave using the proper tools to those who dont just want to play facebook games
    12-27-12 04:24 AM
    Sashabb, are you sure it's a Playbook? Going by your description I'm fairly sure it's an Etch-A-Sketch.
    BigwhiteUK and seamonky like this.
    12-27-12 05:30 AM