hey all PB er's--
    When I go to one of my favorite free music streaming sites, "Grooveshark.com", it looks like it is loading fine, then comes up with a screen "We had a problem loading Flash. You may have a Flash blocker installed. If so, disable it or add an exception to start listening".
    I have Flash turned on, site loads fine on my Windows desktop.
    Any suggestions? A workaround, perhaps, since many of us are by necessity very creative right now til more apps are available. I really like this site, cause even with the 32GB PB, I have already used over half my storage. With this site, I can load and listen to my personal playlists, and they have a great selection of one of my major categories, 80's New Wave. Thanx
    04-26-11 08:33 AM
    certain websites aren't loading right on the browser not a big deal. i know ing's banking log in says as of june 23 that the browser will not be supported. just bring it to the attention of the website and have them fix it with in the website.
    04-26-11 08:37 AM
    We do have Flash. But, it's in a mobile browser (at least that's what the BB browser registers as) and some sites won't support mobile browsers.
    I just got a similar message. I wonder if they are blocking unknown browsers or mobile devices.
    Just tested, verifying same problem.
    04-26-11 08:38 AM
    So, we need to let site owners know that there is a growing population of PB's out there, and we need browser support, OR- could it be practical for someone to write something into the browser ID code to show it as an explorer browser, for instance- to get us full-function sites without waiting months and months for hundreds/ thousands of websites to actually respond? I'm sure its not a new suggestion, but is this practical/ possible?
    THAT is an app I would pay a small fee for!
    04-26-11 08:57 AM
    the browser is way more limiting than i was expecting... actually the who PB experience is more limiting than i expected.
    Hankster likes this.
    04-26-11 09:26 AM
    theres an app for that, oh wait...
    04-26-11 09:44 AM
    So where is that "full internet experience" promised by Google with Android some while ago and now promised by RIM?
    My Xoom browser crashes all the time on certain flash sites, so maybe some companies enjoyed trashing Apple for their intentionally missing flash support but never really delivered the "whole internet experience" themselves. A real shame.
    luda83 likes this.
    04-26-11 09:57 AM
    while these mobile browsers can support most of these sites. the sites themselves where built for desktop browser. the playbook browser was none exsistant at the time most of these site were created it probably safe to say that some might not work.........i think....

similar to how some sites only work on ie and ur scrouged if you use ff or chrome
    Setanta likes this.
    04-26-11 10:13 AM
    So where is that "full internet experience" promised by Google with Android some while ago and now promised by RIM?
    My Xoom browser crashes all the time on certain flash sites, so maybe some companies enjoyed trashing Apple for their intentionally missing flash support but never really delivered the "whole internet experience" themselves. A real shame.
    The PlayBook does offer a full Internet experience, however it's not their fault if some websites don't want to cooperate. My guess is that Grooveshark is blocking mobile browsers. Remember that they do have a $10/month Grooveshark Plus thing or something like that which they have an app on BlackBerry for.
    04-26-11 10:14 AM
    The PlayBook does offer a full Internet experience, however it's not their fault if some websites don't want to cooperate. My guess is that Grooveshark is blocking mobile browsers. Remember that they do have a $10/month Grooveshark Plus thing or something like that which they have an app on BlackBerry for.
    Yeah unfortunately Apple's inability to offer full Web, but ability to offer "there's an App for that" has made a nice revenue stream for sites that iDevices couldn't access. Hulu, oh wait you can't go to the web, but download this app and pay us $7.99 a month. Worked great on the Playbook for free until they realized wait they don't have to pay us like the iClowns do, put in an exception to block it! Thank you Apple for making free $hit expensive and dumbing down the market!
    Setanta likes this.
    04-26-11 10:21 AM
    certain websites aren't loading right on the browser not a big deal. i know ing's banking log in says as of june 23 that the browser will not be supported. just bring it to the attention of the website and have them fix it with in the website.
    right. this is the first website so far i have heard of with this problem. it is not RIM's fault, same as nbc sites only loading mobile version bc it assumes bb devices are all mobile...website issue not pb issue
    04-26-11 11:15 AM
    I have experienced this exact same problem on this exact same website.

Also, I am unable to play games on pogo.com, due to the lack of java applets.

I thought we were meant to have a "complete browsing experience" or "full internet experience".
    04-26-11 11:18 AM
    expecting a full flash experience on a mobile device, any mobile device, just is not going to happen right now. Adobe has alot of work on there end and many websites arent setup for run it properly either.
    04-26-11 11:20 AM
    expecting a full flash experience on a mobile device, any mobile device, just is not going to happen right now. Adobe has alot of work on there end and many websites arent setup for run it properly either.
    So.... is claiming that a mobile device will offer "full internet experience" false advertising?

Just asking.
    Hankster likes this.
    04-26-11 11:27 AM
    Some of you are missing the point. The full browsing experience means you have access to all the Flash ads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 11:27 AM
    Some of you are missing the point. The full browsing experience means you have access to all the Flash ads.

GREAT point. i've NEVER had a Flash AD not work! Maybe THATS the "full internet experience!"
    04-26-11 11:36 AM

and flash games, websites that are made entirely in flash, and full website with flash content. i can play any popcap game on there website while i wait for them to make them standalone downloads.
    but some website like fatsecret, ing, the one the op posted, and a few others don't run right due to lack of browser support. you just need to tell them and if anoff people mention it they will fix it. many of them cater to ipad due to its lack of flash.
    04-26-11 11:41 AM
    Sorry, but blaming sites who do not support MOBILE browsers is not their fault. It is RIM's fault for false advertising. Just because you have Flash, which I love, DOES NOT MEAN your browser will give "full internet experience".

RIM screwed up.
    04-26-11 11:41 AM
    So.... is claiming that a mobile device will offer "full internet experience" false advertising?

Just asking.
    Yes, it is false advertising. Two of the main video streaming sites do not work on the PlayBook - NetFlix and Hulu. And, regardless of how many fanbois say both companies will develop an app for the PlayBook, they won't. At least not anytime soon.

I guarantee the next PB will be out before any NetFlix or Hulu app are in.
    04-26-11 11:43 AM
    Yes, it is false advertising. Two of the main video streaming sites do not work on the PlayBook - NetFlix and Hulu. And, regardless of how many fanbois say both companies will develop an app for the PlayBook, they won't. At least not anytime soon.

I guarantee the next PB will be out before any NetFlix or Hulu app are in.
    Hulu DID work. RIM didn't stop that, Hulu did. Netflix is Silverlight, and RIm doesn't say they support Silverlight. The rest of Netflix, besides streaming to teh device itself, works awesome. Even the trailers.

This browser isn't perfect, but it is awesome.
    04-26-11 11:48 AM

Just asking.
    its not false advertising. Flash is there but isnt going to work on all sites. You will also have places like Hulu that block the PB. Im not saying RIM needs an asterisk next the the "full web browsing" but anyone thinking you were going to surf the same as a desktop or laptop using windows is sadly going to be let down.
    04-26-11 11:53 AM
    its not false advertising. Flash is there but isnt going to work on all sites. You will also have places like Hulu that block the PB. Im not saying RIM needs an asterisk next the the "full web browsing" but anyone thinking you were going to surf the same as a desktop or laptop using windows is sadly going to be let down.
    Unfortunately, I for one thought that "full internet experience" meant it would be the same as on a desktop/laptop.

And yes, I do feel let down...... by RIM!!
    04-26-11 12:02 PM
    ... but anyone thinking you were going to surf the same as a desktop or laptop using windows is sadly going to be let down.
    And this goes for the Android tablets as well. I work with three people who own a Xoom and I've heard these same type of comments from them. Most website load great while others do not load for sh!t.

A tablet is not a laptop. Plain and simple. Whether it's Android, iPad, or Playbook, I think too many people are expecting too much out of a tablet. A tablet is nothing more that a large smartphone that doesn't make phone calls.
    Last edited by valorian; 04-26-11 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Typos
    04-26-11 12:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD