RULES:
    I'm tired of all the posts on the wishlist threads that are detrimental to the thread and serve no purpose but to put down the TabletOS. The purpose of this thread is for suggestions that developers can integrate into the next OS which improves the user experience and don't require a complete overhaul/replacement of the OS to do so. So when posting ideas, do so while imagining that the PlayBook development team are reading this thread and may integrate or work on adding features that we mention that they feel are great additions to the OS

My Wishlist so far:

1rst priority: get the things you promised out the door. then when you add features, only announce them when the feature is going to be out immediately afterwards.

Card grouping (like in WebOS 3.1), which allows for grouping of multiple applications

browser tabs can be split off into their own windows

applications can create additional windows (when useful)

A widget system. THe best means of implementation is a widgetspace overlay application, like Mac OS X's dashboard (transparency is optional). If there was a systemwide shortcut (like swiping from the bottom right), then that would make it easily accessible. The widgets could be simple HTML5 widgets to start with and become more powerful as the platform improves.

An all applications view that, when launched, show all running applications as tiles (or at least the first 9 or so, with the rest viewable by scrolling). this could be activated by a two finger swipe from the bottom or by swiping in from bit sides at the same time.

a network printer stack would be nice (USB printing when USB host mode is enabled), but I suppose that as long as there's an archive of generic drivers and open-source drivers (that would take a while to build, though). Maybe just support for wireless printing standards like ePrint and Google print to start with.

application folders (maybe a feature of OS 2.0 already)

autocorrect and all of the other standard BB typing goodies (Like hit space twice to add period and capitalize)

improved bluetooth like A2DP music streaming

USB host mode. starting with support for USB drives and slowly create a driver platform so developers can make the PlayBook work with their systems (might be too big for OS 2.1, maybe we'd see this in 3.0)

more forgiving "swipe up to close application" feature. Right now if you don't do it perfectly it doesn't work. Make it so that it works as long as you start swiping from the bottom half of the app tile or just below and finish just above the top of the tile ( even at a bit of an angle).

Have the browser be able to declare itself as a full desktop browser when needed (for those sites that give it the mobile version)

after that: make sure you have one or two people who's job is to try out the latest OSs and devices from other companies and look for features and things that would make a great addition to the TabletOS.
    12-04-11 02:06 PM
    The PRIMARY criticism by press reviews has been lack of native email,
    and,
    SECONDARY, as promised, lack of the Android player.

Since the PB has a lot of inherent power, the above two items will make it the dominant player when compared against Kindle/Nook and Android only tablets.
    Last edited by mandony; 12-04-11 at 02:26 PM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-04-11 02:19 PM
    Any new feature going into Feb 2012 release is already in testing. No additional features could be added at this late date. So, what is purpose of the post?
    12-04-11 02:20 PM
    Any new feature going into Feb 2012 release is already in testing. No additional features could be added at this late date. So, what is purpose of the post?
    Remember the title of this thread? 2.10?

To the point now:
    * love to see accessibility options like a 3-finger tab zoom or font settings foor apps with tiny font like app store.

* love to be able to make a bridged call also
    * love that other apps make use of the phone connection if wifi is not available
    * tabbed browsing
    12-04-11 02:47 PM
    I think the OP is looking beyond the 2.0 release...

I want to be able to take a picture with my BB handset and automagically have it sent to my Playbook for display. I don't know if this would be a PB feature or a BB OS feature however. If there was an app to do it...I'd buy it.
    12-04-11 02:48 PM
    as a business user i would like to have bes vpn access when bridged with bes bb phones and file management like the one on bb phone allows you to browse company's network anytime and anywhere as long as the phone has signal.
    Mojoski likes this.
    12-04-11 03:09 PM
    DLNA, so I can stream to/from PB, flick movie/music/photo to my TV or PC. I looked at a Sony tablet S the other day and it has this type of functionality, actually one of the first times I've seen another device and thought "I wish my PB could do that!"

Weren't there promises of DLNA at some point?
    12-04-11 03:41 PM
    Actually read an article a few moments ago, stating that DLNA would be coming "shortly" to the PB, but as this article was dated around July, who knows when it will be out. . .
    12-04-11 04:18 PM
    Widgets would be nice, and would add functionality. A real file browser would help as well. Beyond that I wish folks like Amazon and Google would turn out native apps for the Playbook.

Those who knock the Playbook either haven't actually used it or they're only focused on the app situation. The tablet is excellent and the OS is really clever. I love my PB and I hope it succeeds.
    bbfan1040 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-11 04:40 PM
    Skype. Having a front camera without a application that can take advantage of it is a waste.
    12-04-11 04:47 PM
    To expand on the playbook's already awesome multitasking, I would love to see the ability to have two applications running side-by-side sharing the full screen. THAT is true muktitasking. I believe the windows 8 tablets will have this.

I would also like to see a split keyboard in landscape mode.
    bbfan1040 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-11 05:00 PM
    Its always the same crap, I want to quad boot QNX (for security), IOS (cool), AOS (best ecosystem), WP7 (uniqueness). That will still leave me with around 3gb per partition which would still be useful.
    12-04-11 05:12 PM
    DLNA, so I can stream to/from PB, flick movie/music/photo to my TV or PC. I looked at a Sony tablet S the other day and it has this type of functionality, actually one of the first times I've seen another device and thought "I wish my PB could do that!"

Weren't there promises of DLNA at some point?
    ive read articles that say both yes and no to DLNA for the PB so its anyones guess right now
    12-04-11 05:15 PM
    ethernet via usb as well as hooking up a printer, that'd be amazing.

better calibrated battery meter

actual multitasking where programs continue running if you go full-screen or whatever, as well as having multiple tabs open such as youtube and have the video keep playing if you open another tab, then RIM can really brag. mind you for these features i think 2gigs of ram would be much more practical.

blinking LED for notifications

oh and ability to disable the backlight timer.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-04-11 05:16 PM
    Skype. Having a front camera without a application that can take advantage of it is a waste.
    thats more of an App. the chat is more of functionality of of he PB not what apps you want on it...
    nicolyn and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-11 05:17 PM
    Multi-gesture, three finger/two finger. working LED. Calling threw your BB. Multi window internet. BBM groups. SMS, same way that BBM works over brige. wireless printing....im sure there is more just cant think of it right now...stupid 12hr shift :'(
    12-04-11 05:25 PM
    actual multitasking where programs continue running if you go full-screen or whatever

I just want to clear this up. The playbook already has this and is my favorite feature. Go into settings and put the playbook in 'showcase mode'. Why this isn't the default option is beyone me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-05-11 08:03 AM
    You might want to give an explanation of showcase mode.
    12-05-11 08:24 AM
    I just want to clear this up. The playbook already has this and is my favorite feature. Go into settings and put the playbook in 'showcase mode'. Why this isn't the default option is beyone me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I think he means something like this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-time-554209/
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-05-11 08:27 AM
    Yes, I saw that. Thanks.
    12-05-11 08:37 AM
    It would be better for online viewers if they can add Microsoft Silverlight
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-05-11 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD