Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By wafa510
  • 1 Post By der_mit
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Thought my playbook was a goner...

I live in NYC and there is street parking only here...so yesterday me and my son were getting in the car to hit the road and I heard a thump but did not know where it came from. I was putting stuff in the car and I put my bag in the passenger seat and had my playbook in it. Well after an hour of driving my son asked to use it. I looked in my bag and it was not there. I stopped the car on the shoulder of the highway and searched everywhere. I seriously went into a panic and wanted to cry. Well I then remembered I heard something make a thump noise and realized my playbook fell out of my pocketbook and in the street next to my car. Luckily I was parked in front of my sister's apartment building. I figured by now it was either run over or stolen. I woke my sister up (it was 9am)...and she ran downstairs to look for it. It was propped up against the curb totally fine in its neoprene case. I was so happy and relieved. The moral of this story is that I realized how much I love this tablet. I actually felt sick thinking I will never see it again. I really appreciate having the playbook and I will never take it for granted again!
    Lovin' the Playbook and hatin' the cynics!
    CrackBerry Addict

Real nice story, Glad there was a happy ending.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Nice story and glad everything worked out for you. I'd behave in exactly the same way too!

On that note, I bid you good night.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I know how you feel. Glad it was found and you got it back!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,537 Global Posts

NICE story, Glad your PlayBook is safe and sound ......
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    5,852 Global Posts

Amazing how addictive this little tablet is, glad you have it back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just last month after coming home from work and while getting out of the car in my driveway my playbook decided to jump out of my lunchbag and spent the night outdoors (-20C) in freshly fallen snow. In the morning while getting into the car I noticed the case laying in the snow! After letting it warm up and drying off any moisture I turned it on and all was good!! :-)
    CrackBerry Addict

One day i put my Playbook on the back bumper of my truck. I then drove about 20 miles on a fairly curvy road. At the first traffic light, a guy behind me ran up beside me to bring my Playbook to me, he saw it on my bumper. I was so thankful!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Experience with Windows, Mac OS, IOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, Windows Mobile and a variety of other devices.
    * Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
    Over 25 years of technology experience.
    Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
    CrackBerry Abuser

After reading your post, i've started to love and care for my playbook more than ever...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

My sister was pissed that I called and woke her up to look for it...sleep is not more important than the playbook, she just doesn't feel the love!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    Amazing how addictive this little tablet is, glad you have it back.
    Tell me about it. My 1st one was a 16gb. Sold it, missed it & bought a 32gb. Bought iPad 4 & thought I can do w/out a PB, so sold that too. Started to miss it again, call me crazy, now a proud owner of a 64gb.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by wafa510 View Post
    My sister was pissed that I called and woke her up to look for it...sleep is not more important than the playbook, she just doesn't feel the love!
    haha... she doesn't feel the love? Does she possess one?? Just asking... Though, It was only because of her, that you got it back...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by adadadad View Post
    haha... she doesn't feel the love? Does she possess one?? Just asking... Though, It was only because of her, that you got it back...
    No, she does not own a tablet. She went downstairs to look for me because I was in such a panic! She was muttering the whole time what a pain in the a** I was and she had to get out of bed, get dressed and go downstairs! LOL