Thinking of selling my 16 gig PB but i have a question, is my Blackberry id linked to my pin.

Do i just do a factory reset and get the new owner to sign in with their Blackberry ID or do i need to do something else.

Thanks.
    04-11-12 07:57 AM
    I know a debrick will wipe the PB of your BBID(gave my 16 unit to my niece, so I know this method works), not sure if a security wipe will or not.

Besides that, a debrick procedure will also give all the tutorials and such at the beginning, just like it was the first time setting it up.
    04-11-12 08:00 AM
    Thinking of selling my 16 gig PB but i have a question, is my Blackberry id linked to my pin.

Do i just do a factory reset and get the new owner to sign in with their Blackberry ID or do i need to do something else.

Thanks.
    The security wipe will do the trick. Your own BBID can be used any of your BB devices and is not permanently linked to any one PIN.
    04-11-12 08:04 AM
    I noticed the one time I did a debrick, my password was still present when it started back up. At least, I think so.
    04-11-12 09:23 AM
    F2, I think you may just be saying that when you debricked, then entered the same BBID as you had originally used, it "remembered" your password. That would be because it was actually logging into the BBID web site, not because it was stored in the device.

Nothing in the device could persist past a debrick.
    04-11-12 04:46 PM
    No, I was referring to the password for my pb (not bbid). I don't recall but there was some initial question regarding password as I was working the debrick. When it came back HOURS later (next morning actually), I got the password screen and it asked for a password. I was surprised but entered the one I had established. And it worked. I am pretty sure that I am not imagining this but .....
    04-11-12 06:58 PM
    A security wipe will do it. I've done it a few times.
    04-11-12 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD