I've been in love with playbook since I got it after my laptop broke but I can afford only one, a laptop or playbook. I needed a keyboard for work but none of the keyboards I tried worked. I live in Pakistan so can't order from ebay as it's expensive with shipping. Rest I tried in a computer mall here and they have various Chinese keyboards for android and ipad and all of them worked with my android phone and none with playbook. It couldn't connect and stuck on passcode entering screen, when another got connected it didn't work. All of these instantly connected on on android. Now I have no choice but there is one last keyboard which is available and I might try it. It's genuis luxepad 9000. And if it works then playbook yesss. If not then some used old laptop for me before I buy a windows 8 monster in June . So anyone tried genuis luxepad with playbook? And please don't tell keyboard options which world because they're not available here and I can't order.
    Cheers.
    01-04-13 09:17 AM
    I've found several decent bt keyboards that work with the Playbook, including the Logitech Android keyboard and the Microsoft Mobile 6000.
    01-04-13 09:24 AM
    Logitech and Microsoft ones are really expensive here. Almost same as for a dual core laptops. Last keyboard ill try is genuis luxepad 9000 and will sell playbook if it doesn't work.
    01-04-13 09:28 AM
    I guess the point I was trying to make is that the PlayBook conforms to the bt HID standard, so theoretically any standard bt HID should be able to pair. I've paired mice, touchpads, keyboards of all kinds and have yet to find one that WON'T pair. That includes the Apple wireless keyboard. If the luxepad is compatible with Apple it should be compatible with the Playbook.
    anon(3460513) and bitek like this.
    01-04-13 09:34 AM
    If you can find a HP touchpad keyboard they are almost identical to the Apple keyboard in quality and works great with the playbook.
    01-04-13 09:43 AM
    If you can't find any information on the internet.. I actually tried but couldn't find anyone that can confirm if it will work... then try contacting the manufacturer directly and see what they say:

http://geniusnet.com/wSite/ct?xItem=...Node=3617&mp=1

Genius
    01-04-13 10:03 AM
    If the PB is recognizing these keyboards as you say you are stuck on the passcode entering screen assume you have
    tried the choices 0000 and 1234 and they don't work. Your other devices that do work, do they require pass codes?
    01-04-13 10:16 AM
    is it possible to get or have you tried the Rim/PlayBook keyboard???
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-04-13 10:49 AM
    If you have to choose between the two, for you,I will sell the playbook and get a laptop since you can't work without a keyboard. Almost anyone who owns a tablet own a computer as well be it desktop or laptop. However, I am not sure how much you can get for a used playbook over there. I have no idea how your country works. Many cities have tech stores under one roof that sell anything and everything related to technology. Do you not have a major city that has such mall?
    01-04-13 10:53 AM
    if you have a blackberry phone, you can use the keyboard on there.

Also, have you tried using the virtual keyboard for an extended time? If not give it a chance, it may surprise you.
    convenor likes this.
    01-04-13 10:58 AM
    Also, have you tried using the virtual keyboard for an extended time? If not give it a chance, it may surprise you.
    I make too many typos with the virtual keyboard to the point that using it is frustrating for anything beyond entering the password to unlock the tablet.
    01-04-13 11:07 AM
    I make too many typos with the virtual keyboard to the point that using it is frustrating for anything beyond entering the password to unlock the tablet.
    Really? So, are going for the Z10 when it comes or wait for the X10?

Anyway, to the op: Have you tried using your BlackBerry for typing using bridge?
    01-04-13 11:42 AM
    Nope no bb phone. Virtual keyboard sucks. Nope rim keyboard ain't available here. I'm actually getting a deal someone is exchanging their hp 6910p elitebook 1gb ram dual core for my playbook. Maybe it's a good deal. I've tried all codes including 0000 abcd etc but none worked. Will miss my playbook surely a lot specially connected it to my led tv. Possibly one of the best tablets out there in terms of multitasking and hardcore pc like Internet use, torrenting and videos etc. PlayBook ain't a match for windows 8 nor high end laptops but it sure did better than my hp mini 110 and is great to own it if you can afford a rim keyboard or work with virtual one.
    01-04-13 11:54 AM
    is great to own it if you can afford a rim keyboard or work with virtual one.
    It doesn't require a RIM keyboard. You are either using a keyboard that doesn't conform to the BT HID standards or you aren't pairing it properly. I've tried several and have yet to find a keyboard that doesn't work.
    01-04-13 12:04 PM
    I got a BT keyboard from eBay this week and, on first use at least, it has made so much difference. One of the things I wanted to be able to do with the PB was edit web pages while I'm on the train. I have no intention of using it full time for such things but it's a useful back up option. Unfortunately, the on-screen keyboard means that you lose half the viewing area. This new keyboard connected immediately and a whole new world has opened to me (I live a particularly sad life, it seems). Best of all, it cost less than �20 ($30). I am now a very happy bunny.
    01-04-13 01:52 PM
    Finding a Bluetooth HID keyboard is the solution. Just do that.
    01-04-13 03:15 PM
    Also, don't forget to hit enter after the passcode when pairing.
    01-10-13 10:41 PM
    It doesn't require a RIM keyboard. You are either using a keyboard that doesn't conform to the BT HID standards or you aren't pairing it properly. I've tried several and have yet to find a keyboard that doesn't work.
    Ya no offense but I call BS! I have paired every CHEAP BT keyboards I can use and have yet to find one that doesn't work! Even one of those tiny ones for my nephew that looks like it broke off of a cheap slider phone from a rinky dinky store LOL gimme a break *rolls eyes*
    01-11-13 12:13 PM