Im a college student, and I have had my netbook for 2 years, and its getting slow, and outdated. A friend of mine bought an ipad to replace his netbook. Would I be able to do stuff like write word documents,excel speadsheets, powerpoint etc.?
    04-21-11 11:33 PM
    You should be able to do all that and more.
    04-21-11 11:35 PM
    but is it better than say a run-of-the mill notebook or netbook?
    04-21-11 11:42 PM
    I replaced an Asus Eee 1005HA with the PlayBook. You loose the keyboard, but in general i find the tablet much faster, and you don't have the slow bootup times of the netbook. I'm sure eventually there will be a bluetooth keyboard available that'll make typing a lot easier.
    04-21-11 11:57 PM
    I replaced an Asus Eee 1005HA with the PlayBook. You loose the keyboard, but in general i find the tablet much faster, and you don't have the slow bootup times of the netbook. I'm sure eventually there will be a bluetooth keyboard available that'll make typing a lot easier.
    Many bt keyboards available already
    No need to wait
    But the one designed specially for pb ... That u have to wait
    04-22-11 02:22 AM
    I'm actually getting ready to get a Netbook, after looking at many tablets I just can't see the benefit.

A netbook with WiFi and a $20 Wal-Mart BT adapter (to pair with my phone) that you never have to take out seems like the most economical choice for me at the moment.
    Last edited by N8ter; 04-22-11 at 02:49 AM.
    04-22-11 02:44 AM
    Battery life on the PB should be better than a netbook. That's one reason.
    04-22-11 04:08 AM
    depends on how much typing an word processing you have to do. a BT keyboard can go along way but i still wouldnt want to write a 15 page paper using a 7 inch screen on docs to go
    04-22-11 05:07 AM
    iPad would probably be better because you can get Apple's office suite (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) (and Keynote you can make presentations in, unlike Documents To Go's PowerPoint app, if I'm not mistaken) and use it on a bigger screen and bigger keyboard. However, if you don't want to carry any sort of bag or just hold your iPad in your hand, you could get a PlayBook. You should ask your friend how he/she is doing with the iPad.
    04-22-11 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD