I've done nothing for about a week except try to get the wifi to work correctly with my playbook. Its disgusting how many hours I've wasted. I tried EVERYTHING imaginable changing channels, changing g/b/n setting changing from WEP to WPA personal. Talked to tech support 2x for 40 minutes each time. Nothing worked. Just now I looked in the QoS setup at the settings. I unchecked Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) Settings. So far it looks like this fixed my issues. It had something to do with prioritizing the wireless traffic. I was very close to returning the playbook. Still not 100% about keeping it, but we will see. Hope this helps others. Ive put soooo many hours into making it work, I felt like I couldn't let it beat me.

For the whole story see here
    01-08-12 06:30 PM
    What did it fix? Speed?
    01-08-12 06:40 PM
    Glad you got it working Joe, would have been good if you put in the title what exactly was wrong followed by [SOLVED], this will help with google search results if anyone is having your problem?
    01-08-12 06:42 PM
    Happy to hear it joe! good info. sorry it took so much sweat all is well that ends well.

Yes can you post this on the original thread? That way people can get the context of what the problem was...
    Maybe ask to have this closed.. after celebrating the news of course you deserve a party!

I also posted this in tips for newbies...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-08-12 at 06:56 PM.
    joelephants1 likes this.
    01-08-12 06:52 PM
    I agree with th other responses, we'd like to know what the problem was. If you have ever gone to Netgear or Linksys forums you'd see that most times individual routers may have the problem, not the connected device. I had speed and dropping off problems when I got my N600, tried everything I got from here and the Netgear forums, returned it for another and haven't had a problem since.

We have 5 PBs on a Netgear at work with never an issue.
    01-08-12 07:00 PM
    Just finished reading the whole debacle in the original thread... What a PITA!

Glad it worked out man, way to put your nose to the grindstone and fix it!
    joelephants1 likes this.
    01-08-12 07:01 PM
    sorry! forgot to post that part. my browser would barely work. youtube would crash and facebook etc. nothing would work for more than a cpl minutes. not sure how to edit the title of post
    01-08-12 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD