Just been looking at some of the apps available for BB10. A good GPS satnav. Mireo looks excellent BlackBerryOS.com - Review: Mireo Don't Panic For BlackBerry 10. I have been in touch with the developers and they are already looking at adapting it for the Playbook. Overcoming the 'timeout' issue is one thing I asked about. .

Can't wait, but suppose we will have al least another month as March 5th is debut day of Z10 in USA.

It would appear that the two lies I received from the salesman on purchase may soon come true. Can I have Skype and satnav on the Playbook? Yes we can.

Regards to all in patient waiting.

Ross
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-25-13 06:17 AM
    Why when Magellan works awesome.
    03-25-13 11:17 AM
    Just been looking at some of the apps available for BB10. A good GPS satnav. Mireo looks excellent BlackBerryOS.com - Review: Mireo Don't Panic For BlackBerry 10. I have been in touch with the developers and they are already looking at adapting it for the Playbook. Overcoming the 'timeout' issue is one thing I asked about.
    Can't wait, but suppose we will have al least another month as March 5th is debut day of Z10 in USA.

It would appear that the two lies I received from the salesman on purchase may soon come true. Can I have Skype and satnav on the Playbook? Yes we can.

Regards to all in patient waiting.

Ross
    I have been in touch with the developers and they are already looking at adapting it for the Playbook. Overcoming the 'timeout' issue is one thing I asked about.

So if you are correct in your statement, it means that the pb is not getting bb10 and the developers are looking for a solution to port the bb10 app onto the pb 2.1 OS?

I use Magellan that already works on the pb. I suppose I could look forward to a slimmed down version of this package but I have to ask myself WHY I would want to?

ps the playbook is manufactured with GPS capability already on board. You only have to choose which software package interprets its data in a format that you as a human finds the most pleasant to use!
    03-25-13 11:53 AM
    A 2.1 version? No, that is not what I said. They are adapting it for the Playbook BB10, which as you know is an adapted BB10, and due for release in 2013.
    Last edited by rossjackson01; 03-25-13 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Date incorrect. -2012 amended to 2013
    sad_old_man and Barracuda7772 like this.
    03-25-13 12:41 PM
    A 2.1 version? No, that is not what I said. They are adapting it for the Playbook BB10, which as you know is an adapted BB10, and due for release in 2012.
    Aaaaaahhhhhhh its 2013 already?. Why has my pb not got bb10???????? then How did you get yours, want one want one. I'll give you a bottle of brandy if you give me your bb10 playbook!

I won't actually I'm telling lies but my brandy is my personal friend.
    rossjackson01 likes this.
    03-25-13 12:54 PM
    Aaaaaahhhhhhh its 2013 already?. Why has my pb not got bb10???????? then How did you get yours, want one want one. I'll give you a bottle of brandy if you give me your bb10 playbook!

I won't actually I'm telling lies but my brandy is my personal friend.
    brandy ? small batch aged scotch for me ...here here
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-25-13 01:49 PM
    brandy ? small batch aged scotch for me ...here here
    As person of obvious good taste and exquisite choice.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    03-25-13 02:01 PM
    As person of obvious good taste and exquisite choice.
    yes don't let my "avatar" throw you off its just hilarious to see the little guy as wolverine lol.
    03-25-13 02:15 PM
    Why when Magellan works awesome.
    Not sure awesome would be my description. As I understand it Magellan downloads data on the fly rather than having its data preloaded, and it's a 2D display not a forward 3D display.

Mireo Don't Panic is a professional up to the minute solution using Tom Tom maps, I have it on my Z10 and am REALLY looking forward to having it on the playbook. The maps are all downloaded and stored on the device so even if you have no mobile signal you still get functional mapping and direction.
    03-25-13 03:48 PM
    Not sure awesome would be my description. As I understand it Magellan downloads data on the fly rather than having its data preloaded, and it's a 2D display not a forward 3D display.

Mireo Don't Panic is a professional up to the minute solution using Tom Tom maps, I have it on my Z10 and am REALLY looking forward to having it on the playbook. The maps are all downloaded and stored on the device so even if you have no mobile signal you still get functional mapping and direction.
    Yeeeeeaaaahhhh so all we need now is for the pb to get bb10. We just had the first pope resign since the dead sea first went to the doctors complaining about not feeling well, so anything is possible in 2013 I suppose you never know!
    03-25-13 04:10 PM
    Yeeeeeaaaahhhh so all we need now is for the pb to get bb10. We just had the first pope resign since the dead sea first went to the doctors complaining about not feeling well, so anything is possible in 2013 I suppose you never know!
    Dang it!!!! You have hijacked another thread and gotten it all spun around talking about brandy. I know Brandy and she is NOT a nice girl, so give it a rest.

Anyway, the Mireo app the op is talking about is a true 3D navigation app, of which Megellan is not. I hope it does come, and it's the first app I'll be downloading when Verizon gets off their arse and ships me my Z10.
    03-25-13 07:56 PM