I must be one of the few here also. I purchased my PlayBook just before Christmas and have used the heck out of it every day since. I have done the upgrade, side loaded a few apps and I have not had any issues that I have read about on CrackBerry. With all the post about issues and whining about this and that who in there right mind would want to by a PlayBook after reading them? I utilize my PlayBook and I am happy with what it can do for me during my daily activities. I don't sit around getting upset because it can't do this or it can't do that or because I may have to simply do a restart every once in a while. Regular computers need a restart every now and then, why is the Playbook any different? One more thing, this is a PLAYBOOK not an ipad, there is a big difference the Playbook is way superior so for those of you that like to compare the two STOP there is no comparison.
    04-23-12 12:09 PM
    Bridged to my wife's Curve 8330 without a hitch. Everything you speak of not present in my unit, or in the units I gifted family over the Xmas holidays. No doubt, and as suggested by others, user error is your problem.
    Uncle ANV68 - just a reminder - my Xmas PlayBook never made it to me - need my address again?
    kbz1960 and jafobabe like this.
    04-23-12 12:32 PM
    All the people that do nothing but complain/whine about their PlayBooks are probably miserable people to begin with & thought buying a tablet would make them happy or didn't need/want a tablet but bought one anyway and are mad 'cuz they don't get a lot of use out of it. Like I stated earlier I bought my first PlayBook the first day it came out when it was missing a lot of the great features it has now. I basically knew everything it could & could not do. Its honesty met all my expectations & then some. Of course there are a few apps out there that would like, but a few apps missing doesn't make my PlayBook useless. I didn't buy it for that. Another great reason I love my PlayBook is because around the time I bought it my computer crashed and wasn't worth getting it fixed, but @ the time I planned on replacing it, but still haven't to this day since I can do a lot of what I need to on my PlayBook.and before I get bombarded by people challenging that statement,, I know that wouldn't work out for everyone and some people simple NeeD a PC. Besides a few apps that I want missing the only other thing I'm really looking forward to is a native BBM PlayBook app especially since using BBM bridged isn't all that great & is missing a lot of features. I hope when BB10 is released we see a great feature packed, stunning BBM app not only for BB10 smart/superphones but also for the PlayBook
    BB_Bmore and gmoneyyo like this.
    04-23-12 01:34 PM
    I hope we get the native bbm at BBW I'm just still trying to figure out how that is gonna work for wifi only....but I remain optimistic
    04-23-12 03:19 PM
    PlayBook rocks wow.paired with my 9330
    Nice to see your enthusiasm.
    piman02 likes this.
    04-23-12 04:32 PM
    I can confirm this since I still have my Curve 8330 running OS5, bridged fairly well with my 16GB PlayBook. Yes, my Curve 8330 running OS5.
    I miss my OS5 8330, unlimited data thru Sprint and half the cost of the contract I had to get for my 9930

But I can never go back to the internet speed of my 8330, I was absolutely dying when out and about, Bridged to the Playbook. The internet was functional yes but I just couldn't take it anymore.

I do miss my 8330. So much so when I got my 9930 I was trying to disable to the touchscreen
    04-23-12 05:56 PM
    Yeah, well. Don't get too excited. In a month you'll be wondering why it won't connect to the Internet, why you have to reboot it constantly, why you have to reinstall the desktop manager, why it gets stuck or not recognized by the desktop, why you have spend time looking for help on this Site and why oh why you didn't suck it up and follow the herd. I do love my pb. When it works.
    I must be a member of some ultra-exclusive clique on these forums because I have yet to experience anything worse than a couple of reboots of the BlackBerry PlayBook way back around 1.0.7. Are there a few minor annoyances? The only one I can think of off-hand is the intermittent pausing of streaming audio in the web browser when standby mode kicks into action; clearing the cache seems to resolve the issue with a reboot being a rarity to fix it. This has been an ongoing issue since the initial release but it was completely fixed in one release and has reoccurred in subsequent OS updates. But if you listen to the trolls you would get the impression this tablet is subpar to the < cough, cough > Almighty Anointed Apple iPad and Garden of Eden Sprung-from-the-Ground Google Android.

We have a special place for BlackBerry trolls, under the BlackBerry Bridge.
    bldshd likes this.
    04-23-12 11:18 PM
    I think my PB and me must be in lurve, we're inseparable!!!
    04-24-12 12:00 AM
    I just had something wierd happen,with bt and wireless network on I can get on web.but with wireless off I can't.why?oh bridge was on also.
    04-24-12 01:18 AM
    I miss my OS5 8330, unlimited data thru Sprint and half the cost of the contract I had to get for my 9930

But I can never go back to the internet speed of my 8330, I was absolutely dying when out and about, Bridged to the Playbook. The internet was functional yes but I just couldn't take it anymore.

I do miss my 8330. So much so when I got my 9930 I was trying to disable to the touchscreen
    I still have my 8330, so every time I miss her, i just took it and play with.
    It still got the BIS data plan, and now used as a backup BB at my house, so everyone can use it.
    Changed to Bold 9650 before I use the awesome-but-using-edof-camera-Bold 9900 that I am using now.
    What to say. As long as the device has Bluetooth, BIS, Bridge, and u're all set to utilize ur PlayBook.
    04-24-12 04:05 AM
    Yeah, well. Don't get too excited. In a month you'll be wondering why it won't connect to the Internet, why you have to reboot it constantly, why you have to reinstall the desktop manager, why it gets stuck or not recognized by the desktop, why you have spend time looking for help on this Site and why oh why you didn't suck it up and follow the herd. I do love my pb. When it works.
    Now I know why some people always have all those 'issues'.
    See it can tell if it's the hands of an isheep and shuts down.
    04-24-12 09:46 AM
    He sure got quiet......................................

Had my 1st PB64 @ launch (ouch), and got a second 64gb when they went on sale. A few minor hiccups, (my error/Router error), but once addressed, ROCK SOLID.

C
    04-24-12 11:36 AM
    I'm glad you like it as much as we do. I love to have my PB connected to my TV and surf the web laying down in bed. AWESOME!!!
    04-24-12 11:45 AM
    Wow now we are hearing Rim will announce a strategic partnership tomorrow!!

Facebook is one of many that have been rumored along with Microsoft and Samsung!!

Now this should be BIG!!!
    04-24-12 02:21 PM
    Mine is paired with my 9930 as well and is totally awesome. Although as some have complained in this thread, I have had my share of endless issues as well that come and go. However that's only after the 1st time I used my PlayBook to beat a troll to death with it

Once I dropped it in the water under the trolls bridge. But after 3 days of letting it dry out, worked like a charm again.
    04-24-12 02:44 PM
    What does having bluetooth and wireless connection do?it isn't tethering b/c I didn't turn it on in my pb.my data arrows would flicker when I go to web on pb.
    04-24-12 10:20 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD