PlayBook rocks wow.paired with my 9330
    edu3110, bldshd, axllebeer and 3 others like this.
    04-22-12 09:55 PM
    Glad you are enjoying! Can you use the remote too? I'm not sure if your phone is a touchscreen or not.
    04-22-12 09:57 PM
    Congrats glad your enjoying your Playbook. Yes, I have a 9650 and I'm able to use it as a remote with the tracpad.....works good too
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-22-12 10:04 PM
    Yeah, well. Don't get too excited. In a month you'll be wondering why it won't connect to the Internet, why you have to reboot it constantly, why you have to reinstall the desktop manager, why it gets stuck or not recognized by the desktop, why you have spend time looking for help on this Site and why oh why you didn't suck it up and follow the herd. I do love my pb. When it works.
    04-22-12 10:09 PM
    MOST of those problems are user error and not hardware.
    04-22-12 10:16 PM
    Yeah, well. Don't get too excited. In a month you'll be wondering why it won't connect to the Internet, why you have to reboot it constantly, why you have to reinstall the desktop manager, why it gets stuck or not recognized by the desktop, why you have spend time looking for help on this Site and why oh why you didn't suck it up and follow the herd. I do love my pb. When it works.
    Been using my Playbook 32GB for almost a year now. Traveled with it from coast to coast, several airports, hotels, and restaurants that offer Wifi and never had an issue. Did the latest OS2 update with the Beta version of Desktop7 without any problems. Follow the herd? No way, I'm not that kinda person.
    04-22-12 10:21 PM
    MOST of those problems are user error and not hardware.
    Yeah...uhm...No.
    04-22-12 10:23 PM
    Yeah...uhm...No.
    Yeah...uhm...Yes

If those problems were consistent believe me it would have been reported and beaten to death countless times on the forums here. Now coincidentally we have had a few people here and there complain from some of the issues you speak of, hardware fault? A few cases maybe, user error? Dramatically increased in likelyhood compared with these "hardware faults" you speak of.

I don't know what you're doing with your PlayBook but the only time mine reboots is when updating the OS.
    04-22-12 10:52 PM
    I fight with my playbook constantly. It could be very nerve racking sometimes.
    04-22-12 11:31 PM
    Yeah I guess this thing is a piece of ... Hmm over 1.3 million of them out there something must not be wrong huh?

The only problem I've had is a misbehaving Android app once that was gone no probs for two of these pieces of...hmm over 1.3 million and one complainer...not bad.
    bldshd likes this.
    04-22-12 11:41 PM
    Your experience with hour PB differs greatly from mine. I use mine constantly, and run many native and Android apps, including many sideloaded apps. While I do reboot my PB regularly; typically once a day, I have never had problems with it connecting to a WiFi router or to the internet, never had problems with Bridge connections, and never had problems with it being seen by DM. In short, no hardware problems of any kind beyond the annoyance of the flush-mounted power button, which I have rarely used. (The rebooting I do is to prevent potential app lockups due to Android memory leaks, not due to problems with the hardware.) I have plenty of issues with the OS implementation and some of the native apps, but again, nothing like what you are reporting. And from what I read here, most others are in my camp: Complaints about the software, but loving the hardware.

Sorry yours is so disappointing compared to the typical experience.
    eternalemb and bldshd like this.
    04-22-12 11:46 PM
    How can I get to app world?no wifi in my home.tried with my bb connnection.
    04-22-12 11:57 PM
    You have to be on wifi to get to AppWorld. Go to McDonald's or Starbucks have a refreshment and use their wifi.
    04-23-12 12:09 AM
    I have not had a seroius problem except some Android Apps, mostly games. I'm not really a game player...testing them for my wife.

A couple have froze up the Android player. I have to reboot it to get it all working again. MY fault.

I think some of the people that are doing the complaining are loading any and every thing they can find.

I have had the 16GB a month and it is solid.

Old saying is....garbage in-garbage out.

My 64GB and also doing good. Update and all worked very well. Do some reading and it will help.

This is not to say some people might have bad RAM. That will cause it to forget what it wrote to memory so when it reads it back it is screwed up. Return it if it is a serious problem.

As has been said, most people are very happy.

TO THE OP. My friend said to me today...sorry to bother you on Sunday but this PB is one bad....I said, I know. He has had his about 4 days.
    bldshd likes this.
    04-23-12 12:19 AM
    Me and my Wife have both been ticked off with the playbook as of late too.
    It's like every time they update the os it gets harder and harder to put down for any lengthy amount of time and now we fall behind with house choirs and what not.

It's the perfect size and I literally have it on me 24/7, I go to sleep with it next to me and I wake up to it. Sometimes I feel bad like I have been cheating on my wife with my playbook. And so I have to make the effort to break away from my playbook and get back to the wife and house...it's hard and I miss the playbook within no time. I find myself thinking about it, wanting to have my hands all over it, taking it out of the case...unplug the charger from its tight connection and when I feel that light snap its signaling that it's time to get a few hour marathon in!!

So I feel your pain because the playbook is starting to create more issues for me than it is helping at all. It's just left me more confused than anything and stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Thx alot Rim!?
    04-23-12 12:20 AM
    So,you are having an affair with your playbook BB-bmore?lol
    04-23-12 12:34 AM
    Seriously it feels like it sometimes. I have to make myself put my playbook down.
    cleveland216 and axllebeer like this.
    04-23-12 12:36 AM

Wow. I bought mine on release last year. I have bridged it to a Tour. A Curve 3G. A Bold 9930. And now my Torch 9850.

No issues so far. No issues at all really other than some quirks in the web browser that were eventually worked out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 01:06 AM
    Yea well, ive been using mine for 2 months now and havent had the 1st hiccup. So if the problems start a month later then that is a time based problem correct? That has to be a user problem. Perhaps you should learn how to use and maintain the device.
    I'll 2nd that OP. This device is awesome.
    04-23-12 01:34 AM
    I don't know what your doing with your PlayBook, but I have 2, one I got the day it was released, and my second one I got around November. I never had any of the problems your talking about, and never even heard of anyone having those problems. Constant rebooting? How many times did you drop it down a few flights of stairs, or into a sink full of water? Maybe you happen to have a faulty device, in which case you can contact the BlackBerry PlayBook support team and have them start a RMA. I was way past the 90 day warranty and had broke my screen and the customer support/Customer Loyalty Teams were very helpful in getting my problem resolved
    04-23-12 02:48 AM
    Bridged to my wife's Curve 8330 without a hitch. Everything you speak of not present in my unit, or in the units I gifted family over the Xmas holidays. No doubt, and as suggested by others, user error is your problem.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 04-23-12 at 04:04 AM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-23-12 02:59 AM
    Bridged to my wife's Curve 8330 withought a hitch. Everything you speak of not present in my unit, or in the units I gifted family over the Xmas holidays. No doubt, and as suggested by others, user error is your problem.
    I can confirm this since I still have my Curve 8330 running OS5, bridged fairly well with my 16GB PlayBook. Yes, my Curve 8330 running OS5.
    04-23-12 03:54 AM

Haven't come across your issues without clearly knowing why. My PlayBook has trouble getting Internet (even though it is connected) when I am at my uncle's house but, guess what? His Galaxy and the 2 iPads that are in his home have the exact issue, His wifi router has issues. You are acting as if everyone has to experience what you're experiencing.
    04-23-12 05:33 AM
    Yup mine's baddass too.

Bot reecently ay've beeen gitting theez red lynes onder olmost evary wurd ay tipe, shoud ay caul suport?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-23-12 07:48 AM
    Playbook is "badass" for people who use the word "badass".

04-23-12 08:03 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD