Easiest way for me is to flip it into portrait and scroll that way and then flip it back.
    07-28-12 10:50 PM
    Would be nice if we could control scroll speed.
    07-28-12 11:27 PM
    Flipping to portrait, then back to landscape makes a substantial difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my Playbook using Tapatalk
    07-29-12 12:28 AM
    I should have also mentioned the use of font size on scrolling speed. If there is a lot of scolling ahead then, after turning your Playbook to portrait, swipe down from the top and go to Settings. Choose 'General' on the left, then change the 'Default Font Size' to a smaller one, the smallest is 9.

In portrait the print will be rather small but if you know around where you need to go you can save some time getting there. You can always increase or decrease the font with your fingers when you're in the area.

Some people may find the above useful as there are a lot fewer sweeps needed. Or maybe if you're wanting to refer to something, though, if it's not too long of a passage then just a series of screen shots taken of the info would be faster to retrieve off the photo area (and without needing wifi).

Couple of things:

A not too long test of the above can be the website Martindalecenter.com. Click on 'Languages' and try scrolling it on portrait and a smaller font.

Remember to go back to your preferred font size after. I forgot the first few times I tried this and briefly wondered why some website formats were different.
    07-29-12 05:57 PM
    Changing to portrait and changing font size back and forth are the kinds of processes that MACROS would really be helpful for.
    07-29-12 08:49 PM
    Just hit the History button (Time clock next to address bar).. the first box will be of the current page you are viewing. Select that - the page will reload to the top. HAVE FUN.
    Last edited by varunsain; 08-01-12 at 04:47 AM.
    07-30-12 12:21 AM
    Varunsain,

Re: jump to top of current page.

It took me a while to realize that to get your result by using the History button I needed to have the Private Browsing setting turned off in the Settings, Privacy and Security area. With mine being on I was only getting the 'no pages have been visited' message. I think it's defaulted to on when you get the Playbook.

Anyway, your way works but thanks to my slowness in grasping the concept I noticed there is another way to go to the top of the current page. It will also work with Private Browsing on or off.

Scroll down on a webpage. Then sweep down from the top bezel. Press the website name in the address bar (not the refresh arrow). The name area will turn blue and the keyboard will pop up. Press Go on the keyboard. It will take you to the top of the current page.

Okay, we seem to now have jump to the top of current page and somewhat faster scrolling. Now, that 'search on page' issue when the site doesn't include the feature. hmm...
    08-19-12 04:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD