I cannot go through 40 levels of Andry Birds for third time.

1. First I sold 16GB and bought 64Gb and lost all game progress as BB desktop manager would not back up data
    2. Then I locked myself out of Playbook and Playbook erased all my data
    3. Now 2.0 is coming out !

I refused playing the same levels over and over again. [i get better though ]

So how can i back up game progress ?
    02-17-12 03:31 PM
    I was wondering the same thing, i have 3 star on nearly every level and i dont fancy doing it over again.
    02-17-12 03:56 PM
    Use Desktop Manager and choose either Full Backup or under Custom select Application Data.
    02-17-12 04:00 PM
    2. Then I locked myself out of Playbook and Playbook erased all my data
    Sorry, but I find this hilarious ...
    02-17-12 04:08 PM
    Sorry, but I find this hilarious ...
    no i know. it was totally stupid. i was playing with password on my playbook put something in there that i did not remembered. anyways, 10 tries and bye, bye data.
    02-17-12 04:28 PM
    There is no reason to be concerned that an upgrade from 1.0.8 to 2.0 will affect your data. You don't need to do a backup, though it's a good idea, since your data will remain intact through the upgrade.

If you're currently on the beta, and especially if you've rooted it, I personally recommend you do a security wipe and "debrick" to restore it to 1.0.8 prior to the release, or do it after the upgrade to ensure a completely clean system, but this isn't required either.
    taylortbb and jafobabe like this.
    02-17-12 06:29 PM
    I have the "Polar Slide" game, and when the game itself had an update, the update wiped my progress...
    02-17-12 07:48 PM
    I have the "Polar Slide" game, and when the game itself had an update, the update wiped my progress...
    That's an issue with the game and the developer not doing it right. There's no inherent reason for that to happen.

peter9477 is correct. OS updates don't touch your app data, all your accomplishments will still be there.
    farskija and peter9477 like this.
    02-17-12 10:10 PM
    ^^^^
    that is what i thought...thanks
    02-17-12 10:27 PM
    So, what is the verdict? No way to backup game achievements or anyone knows where it's stored under which folder???
    06-13-12 03:13 AM
    So, what is the verdict? No way to backup game achievements or anyone knows where it's stored under which folder???
    I may be wrong but a backup with desktop manager should save that info.
    06-13-12 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD