One of the motivating reasons to buy a BB PB was the ability to read PDF attachements to emails. However, now I am getting the message, "Message truncated due to size." Is this a hardware, software or carrier issue? I have a recently purchased 9810 and BB PB with all the latest software updates. My carrier is AT&T.

Any suggests as to solutions or work-arounds would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
    12-05-11 06:41 AM
    does it open on the phone?
    12-05-11 06:51 AM
    does it open on the phone?
    No, it does not open on the phone. I get exactly the same message on the phone.
    12-05-11 07:26 AM
    There is a setting on the smartphone.
    12-05-11 07:29 AM
    However, now I am getting the message, "Message truncated due to size." Is this a hardware, software or carrier issue? I have a recently purchased 9810 and BB PB with all the latest software updates. My carrier is AT&T.
    This sounds like the email size restriction imposed by RIM servers. It has been limited around 3Mbytes, but there was a recent suggestion that it was to be increased with new versions of software. There is nothing you can do at your side until new phone *and* server software is released.
    howarmat and grnnreg like this.
    12-05-11 07:38 AM
    Yep what branta said, its a BIS imposed limit that you cant get around unless you just check the mail on the web browser
    grnnreg likes this.
    12-05-11 07:51 AM
    I called BB technical support and was told the limit per email was 8mb. The email in question is 9 mb. I was also told that if I save the email to a media file on my phone, I may be able to open the attachment in the media file. I do NOT know how to save an email to media phone. Therefore, I have not yet tested that theory.
    12-05-11 08:59 AM
    Alternate route: I downloaded it from my email account at comcast.net onto my PB. That worked like a charm.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-05-11 09:42 AM
    last night I got a 7 MB pdf attachment via email. I tried to download it using my Torch 9800 but it said "attachment exceeds maximum download size of 2.9 MB".
    12-05-11 10:16 AM
    I had this problem. Email attachment size through BIS is more than 2-3 MB, it's around 8-9 MB

My problem was my email account. My hotmail email account won't let me send attachments > 2-3 MB...when I use another email account I can send 8-9 MB attachments
    12-05-11 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD