Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Branta
  • 1 Post By grnnreg
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is there a solution to "message truncated due to size" message for an email?

One of the motivating reasons to buy a BB PB was the ability to read PDF attachements to emails. However, now I am getting the message, "Message truncated due to size." Is this a hardware, software or carrier issue? I have a recently purchased 9810 and BB PB with all the latest software updates. My carrier is AT&T.

Any suggests as to solutions or work-arounds would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Global Posts
    23,375 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

does it open on the phone?
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    does it open on the phone?
    No, it does not open on the phone. I get exactly the same message on the phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

There is a setting on the smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by grnnreg View Post
    However, now I am getting the message, "Message truncated due to size." Is this a hardware, software or carrier issue? I have a recently purchased 9810 and BB PB with all the latest software updates. My carrier is AT&T.
    This sounds like the email size restriction imposed by RIM servers. It has been limited around 3Mbytes, but there was a recent suggestion that it was to be increased with new versions of software. There is nothing you can do at your side until new phone *and* server software is released.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Thanked by 2:
    grnnreg (12-05-2011),  howarmat (12-05-2011) 
    howarmat likes this.

Global Posts
    23,375 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

Yep what branta said, its a BIS imposed limit that you cant get around unless you just check the mail on the web browser
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by:
    grnnreg (12-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I called BB technical support and was told the limit per email was 8mb. The email in question is 9 mb. I was also told that if I save the email to a media file on my phone, I may be able to open the attachment in the media file. I do NOT know how to save an email to media phone. Therefore, I have not yet tested that theory.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Alternate route: I downloaded it from my email account at comcast.net onto my PB. That worked like a charm.
    Thanked by:
    howarmat (12-05-2011) 
    howarmat likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

last night I got a 7 MB pdf attachment via email. I tried to download it using my Torch 9800 but it said "attachment exceeds maximum download size of 2.9 MB".
    Patrick from Calgary
    ------------------------------
    Z10 STL100-3, OS version 10.2.1.2141
    PB 64 GB, OS version 2.1.0.1526
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts

I had this problem. Email attachment size through BIS is more than 2-3 MB, it's around 8-9 MB

My problem was my email account. My hotmail email account won't let me send attachments > 2-3 MB...when I use another email account I can send 8-9 MB attachments