Everytime I try to update any app on App World I get the following message:

Install Error: [0003-0005]
    There was a problem during installation. Please try again.

That message comes up right away. It doesn't even try to download or install anything. It been doing it for a week or so. I just rebooted, no change.

PBOS: 2.0.0.7111
    02-08-12 01:30 PM
    I've just had the same with the latest version of angry birds, except issue obtaining license key
    Last edited by tinker2000; 02-08-12 at 01:40 PM.
    02-08-12 01:31 PM
    I se the problem, Beta OS. Next......
    02-08-12 01:32 PM
    I se the problem, Beta OS. Next......
    So anyone running 2.0 should not post issues they are having or look for solutions?
    02-08-12 01:33 PM
    So anyone running 2.0 should not post issues they are having or look for solutions?
    Did I say that??? I posted a response to the obvious...take it as you wish. You want a solution, I recommend you revert back to the original and latest RIM approved OS and see if you still have the problem; I doubt you will.
    collapsed likes this.
    02-08-12 01:37 PM
    Did I say that??? I posted a response to the obvious...take it as you wish. You want a solution, I recommend you revert back to the original and latest RIM approved OS and see if you still have the problem; I doubt you will.
    You said that was the problem and then "next", as if that is all there is to it, nothing else to discuss. Well it's not that simple.

I am not the only one having this issue, is everyone having it on 2.0.0.7111?
    Is anyone that is Not having this issue also on 2.0.0.7111?

The answers to those two questions will help us get to the root of the problem.
    02-08-12 01:42 PM
    Everytime I try to update any app on App World I get the following message:

Install Error: [0003-0005]
    There was a problem during installation. Please try again.

That message comes up right away. It doesn't even try to download or install anything. It been doing it for a week or so. I just rebooted, no change.

PBOS: 2.0.0.7111
    D Mac, I suggest making sure you are connected to wifi. I have used 2.0 betas and had no problems using AppWorld rooted and non-rooted. (including .7111)

alnamvet68, Dont be so quick to think the problem is one specific thing.
    02-08-12 01:43 PM
    You said that was the problem and then "next", as if that is all there is to it, nothing else to discuss. Well it's not that simple.

I am not the only one having this issue, is everyone having it on 2.0.0.7111?
    Is anyone that is Not having this issue also on 2.0.0.7111?

The answers to those two questions will help us get to the root of the problem.
    Not all Beta users have the same exact problems. What is common to all Beta users is that they have so many problems that is rarely, if ever, a problem for those who remain with the approved OS; and part of the reason all Beta users have all these differing problems is that not all Beta users have downloaded the exact same apps. In rare circumstances, non-Beta users have run into a somewhat similar problem to yours, and it had everything to do with a particular app from App World. I forgot which app it was, but there was a thread about it, many had the same problem, all did not have the Beta OS, and the recommendation was to delete the app. I deleted the app before it became an issue.

In your case, it appears you cannot update any of your apps. Either your wi-fi connection is bad, or it has something to do with the Beta OS. For my money, I'm betting on the Beta.
    02-08-12 01:48 PM
    I am on 2.0.0.7111 beta and have not had this problem, but in another thread here before, someone suggested that setting the date to 2014, saving and resetting the PB worked for them and a few others said that it worked for them as well. I am assuming that they then just reset the date back after installing the updates from Appworld and all is fine, but worth a shot and seems like little risk involved.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-691600/
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 02-08-12 at 01:54 PM. Reason: added beta version and thread link
    02-08-12 01:48 PM
    D Mac, I suggest making sure you are connected to wifi. I have used 2.0 betas and had no problems using AppWorld rooted and non-rooted. (including .7111)

I turned off BT to make sure I was only using my WiFi connection and then tried the Browser and searching through App World and my connection is working perfectly, but as soon as I hit Update (for an existing app) or Download (for a new app) I still get that same error.
    02-08-12 01:50 PM
    Posting issues is how you get answers. But if you are running a beta there are threads for them
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-beta-os-f95/

Maybe a Mod should start a sticky for PB run Beta for these questions.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-08-12 01:51 PM
    Borg 9 of 13:

Anytime a problem is reported and the device is running beta software in the absence of messages about the official software being affected it is plausible that the beta software is the root cause. In any event, a quick query of the Blackberry Technical Support Center (BlackBerry Technical Solution Center) with the search terms "Install Error: [0003-0005]" would reveal a knowledge base article that addresses the reported issue.

KB26671 - "Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again." is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Direct Link: KB26671-"Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again." is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-08-12 01:57 PM
    Posting issues is how you get answers. But if you are running a beta there are threads for them
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-beta-os-f95/

Maybe a Mod should start a sticky for PB run Beta for these questions.
    My issue may or may not have to do with what OS I am running. I posted my OS because, of course, it Might be relevant. But not posting PB issues in the PB forums just because of what OS I am running doesn't make any sense. Also that forum is mainly for leaked, hacked, and non-official betas, not for Official RIM betas.
    02-08-12 01:57 PM
    Borg 9 of 13:

Anytime a problem is reported and the device is running beta software in the absence of messages about the official software being affected it is plausible that the beta software is the root cause. In any event, a quick query of the Blackberry Technical Support Center (BlackBerry Technical Solution Center) with the search terms "Install Error: [0003-0005]" would reveal a knowledge base article that addresses the reported issue.

KB26671 - "Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again." is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Direct Link: KB26671-"Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again." is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

although this might just be the case, as alnamvet68 mentioned a few posts above, not all beta users experience the same issues. In this case, the article you posted suggests an APp wprld issue that may not be directly related to os2.0 or even a wifi signal. nice find!
    02-08-12 02:05 PM
    My issue may or may not have to do with what OS I am running. I posted my OS because, of course, it Might be relevant. But not posting PB issues in the PB forums just because of what OS I am running doesn't make any sense. Also that forum is mainly for leaked, hacked, and non-official betas, not for Official RIM betas.
    Nobody has stated you cannot post PB problems on the PB forum; what has been stated a few times is that the Beta OS is buggy, at best, and in all likelihood is the root of your problem. Unless you have invested heavily in a gazillion 'rrhoid apps which you may or may not lose by re-installing the original approved OS, there really is no way of knowing with any specificity why your particular PB with the Beta OS won't allow you to update your apps on App World. There is no simple solution, but a sure fire way to get back to normal is to re-install the non-Beta OS.
    02-08-12 02:07 PM
    Nobody has stated you cannot post PB problems on the PB forum
    I was refering to the post I quoted that said I should be posting my issue in the leaked OS forum.
    02-08-12 02:17 PM
    Borg 9 of 13:

Thanks, looks like you found the problem. Unfortunately the solution doesn't seem to work.. The instructions listed do not refer to the actual options listed on the appworld site, I think they updated the site and haven't updated the tech site. Anyways I did manage to update my PayPal as suggested, I then rebooted my PB and no change. I am going to continue to play around with the options on the app world site though...
    02-08-12 02:21 PM
    I have discovered something that may or may not be related (but it probably is). Can someone test something for me?

On you PB go to App World, swipe down from the top to get the in-app menu and then select Payment Options.

When I do that it I instantly get a popup that says:

Payment Options
    Payment method has not been changed.
    OK

Is that what everyone gets or do you actually get some sort of Payment Options?
    02-08-12 02:46 PM
    Thanks, looks like you found the problem. Unfortunately the solution doesn't seem to work.. The instructions listed do not refer to the actual options listed on the appworld site, I think they updated the site and haven't updated the tech site. Anyways I did manage to update my PayPal as suggested, I then rebooted my PB and no change. I am going to continue to play around with the options on the app world site though...
    Did you try changing the date to 2014 yet as I stated others did? Just curious if that works.
    02-08-12 02:46 PM
    Did you try changing the date to 2014 yet as I stated others did? Just curious if that works.
    Oh, no I hadn't.

Ok just did. No change.

Thanks for trying though.

...strangely with the date at 2014 at least I get the hourglass for a half a second before it gives me the error, before it came up immediately.
    02-08-12 02:55 PM
    I have discovered something that may or may not be related (but it probably is). Can someone test something for me?

On you PB go to App World, swipe down from the top to get the in-app menu and then select Payment Options.

Payment Options
    OK

There is no swipe option that I can find running 1.0.8.6067. Swiped down and up ....no menu shows up
    02-08-12 03:00 PM

Payment Options
    OK

Hmmmm, when I go to app world and swipe down, nothing happens.
    02-08-12 03:03 PM

Payment Options
    OK

I get the "Sign in with your BlackBerry ID" popup on both my PBs with OS2 Beta.
    02-08-12 03:13 PM
    Yes, so do I, also on latest beta OS2.0.0.7111.
    02-08-12 03:14 PM
    There is no swipe option that I can find running 1.0.8.6067. Swiped down and up ....no menu shows up
    Oh, didn't realize it was an OS2 option.

Ok, good to know, so I think that is the actual problem...
    02-08-12 03:17 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD