Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Dipps9
  • 1 Post By SEAWARRIOR
  • 1 Post By Xopher
  • 1 Post By F2
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is there plans to add phone features on the Bridge to use on the Playbook (i.e. answer phone)?

I am happy with the most recent update to the bridge with the ability for text messaging. But I wonder why they haven't added, as it would seem to me very simple, the ability to answer the phone on your playbook and use the playbook essentially as a Bluetooth device (that you would normally put in your ear). I would like to be able to come home and use the playbook for every feature my Bold 9900 has so I can just forget about the phone, leave it charging somwhere. It has a mic and speakers. When some calls it even allows you to see who's calling and turn the ringer off, but that's it! I hope this will be an update in the near future as it's the last piece of the puzzle for an incredible pairing between the two devices. Any idea if this is in the works?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Don't expect any substantial PlayBook updates in 2012/2013 until BB10 is released for it
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry Genius

there is a rumor of an update coming any day now but no news of what's in it,,, i like your idea tho,,, expanding the PlayBooks' role as an extension of the phone would be AWESOME,,, & making it a BlackBerry phone only feature would surely sell a bunch of phones & whatever pb's that are left out there,,, HEY!!! RIM!!! you listening??? THAT would be a pleasant & welcome surprise & a HUGE game changer...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Remember that the beta for 2.1 had BBM and Navigator being tested internally. Not saying that it's coming in the next update but it sure would be nice. I actually still have the internal bug reporter app on my other PlayBook and it's still live. I've submitted a few things here and there lol,! Maybe it will be bug fixes only. Maybe it will be more. In a perfect world it will be more to help generate more buzz about BlackBerry10. Native BBM on Playbook with video/voice would be awesome.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Is there plans to add phone features on the Bridge to use on the Playbook (i.e. answer phone)?

I would love to have phone control over bridge. I already wear a bluetooth headset, so being able to dial or answer the phone while on the PlayBook without having to pick up the phone would be a good feature.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    I would love to have phone control over bridge. I already wear a bluetooth headset, so being able to dial or answer the phone while on the PlayBook without having to pick up the phone would be a good feature.
    that would definately be a great feature,,, imagine playing need 4 speed while texting your girlfriend, emailing the irs, downloading Sekas' Platinum collection & answering a call from mom...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    that would definately be a great feature,,, imagine playing need 4 speed while texting your girlfriend, emailing the irs, downloading Sekas' Platinum collection & answering a call from mom...
    Well, one would have to believe in an afterlife and someone would have to create a Ouija Board app for the pb. But it still might be nice!
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.