stick a fork in me. I'm done.
    Yeah, everyone thinks Dave should get forked, LOL.
    10-01-10 12:01 PM
    Yeah, everyone thinks Dave should get forked, LOL.
    You speak for everyone, eh? Interesting.
    10-01-10 12:05 PM
    1) shuttle data back and forth (Bayalink Liberty method)
    2) shuttle screen scrapes and screen pixels back and forth (Impatica Viadock method)
    I don't think Bluetooth 2.0 has enough bandwidth for option 2 to be viable. It also doesn't make any sense from a development point of view. They're completely different screens, you'd have to somehow re-draw portions of the UI if you wanted it to fill the screen. You'd also have to intercept taps and translate their co-ordinates into the co-ordinates of that command on the BB. Never mind having to magically enhance the resolution to make anything look okay. Option 2 would provide for a horrible user experience, would consume more battery (more data to transfer), and would be harder to implement. RIM has also stated that data will be temporarily cached on the PlayBook, I doubt they're caching screenshots. I think we're quite safe in assuming it's option 1.
    10-02-10 01:11 AM
    Geeks might care; developers might care; but USERS COULDN'T CARE LESS. OK???
    So Geeks and developers can't be users?

lol sorry I am just busting balls.
    10-02-10 01:21 AM
    In regards to battery life, I wonder if one will be able to cable connect the PB to the BB and charge it/data transfer at the same time? With a bigger battery in the PB it could be a viable option. Would also be (obviously) more secure.
    10-02-10 05:14 AM
    So Geeks and developers can't be users?

lol sorry I am just busting balls.
    read my sig line. what does it say??
    10-02-10 10:50 AM
    read my sig line. what does it say??
    To skydive and your opinions. If it is about your opinion, I have no problem with it. I was just making humor because everyone was attacking you for the same thing, and I didn't.
    10-02-10 12:26 PM
    To skydive and your opinions. If it is about your opinion, I have no problem with it. I was just making humor because everyone was attacking you for the same thing, and I didn't.
    Not a problem. Being attacked comes with the territory. My only real beef is with name-calling and playground tactics. If we all agreed on everything, there would be little need for a forum, besides reading OFFICIAL information about products, which, by definition, wouldn't be originally generated in a user forum. If no opinions were given, we wouldn't even be able to surmise the cause of someone's problems with a device, as much of the discussion following someone's question/complaint, revolves around OPINIONS. Sometimes some hard cold facts show up, which is a wonderful thing!
    Last edited by dave1812; 10-02-10 at 04:38 PM.
    10-02-10 01:52 PM
    Not a problem. Being attacked comes with the territory. My only real beef is with name-calling and playground tactics. If we all agreed on everything, there would be little need for a forum, besides reading OFFICIAL information about products, which, by definition, wouldn't be originally generated in a user forum. If no opinions were given, we wouldn't even be able to surmise the cause of someone's problems with a device, as much of the discussion following someone's question/complaint, revolves are OPINION. Sometimes some hard cold facts show up, which is a wonderful thing!
    Agreed. Personal attacks are not needed. This forums runs off opinions. People are discussing devices, news and other topics and telling other how they feel about it. All opinion based, unless, like you said, we just get official documents. Even then, people give their opinion about it.
    10-02-10 03:37 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD