I've looked through the menu's I've searched the documentation and I've googled for an answer.

Is there an actual airplane mode for the BB playbook? Or do I just turn off the 2 radios?

I won't need the bridge when I travel next week, just using the PB to watch a bunch of movies I put on.

I noticed on the documentation that there is an icon in the status screen for "airplane mode", but I have no idea how to activate it.

No references to it other than listing the icon.

Roveer
    05-09-11 10:34 AM
    Turn off WiFi, turn off Bluetooth, and you are the same as an Airplane mode.
    05-09-11 10:39 AM
    Also keep in mind that wifi is allowed on airplanes so you just need to turn it off for take off and landing but thereafter you can use wifi and most planes now have wifi access.
    05-09-11 11:11 AM
    WiFi is allowed over 10,000 ft as most commercial aircraft now, short of some regional jets have WiFi available. Bluetooth I would imagine is somewhat harmless (I think it all is actually, but.....whatever).

Airplane mode is for the radio in a phone/(or tablet using data services), or other device using cellular radio that airlines claim will have an effect on the navigational equipment of the aircraft. Playbooks don't have this, so there really is no need for an "airplane" mode.

If you're worried about it, just turn of WiFi and Bluetooth, it takes two seconds by clicking the icons on top of the home screen.
    05-09-11 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD