And the article says

"I for one will not be upgrading but let us know if there is anything new if you do."

So... how did they know?
    11-02-11 10:37 AM
    and i thought berryreview was a credible source...
    11-02-11 10:40 AM
    IT IS A BETA!!! stop whining
    kbz1960, thedark722 and jesse_h like this.
    11-02-11 10:43 AM
    and i thought berryreview was a credible source...
    They are. RIM even had it written on their website, which has since been removed.

They clearly heard the roar...
    boman06210 likes this.
    11-02-11 10:45 AM
    i believe if ya update from OS1 then appworld isnt included (or if you wipe and install).

i have asked people i know why its not included, and the answer makes total sense. basically lots of consumers were using os2 beta, and downloading apps, then when an app that isnt meant for OS2 wasnt working with OS2 beta (because the app is for os1) they would get negative reviews which werent a reflection on the app but of the beta OS.

this makes total sense to me from that viewpoint, why should devs be penalised because a non dev is using a dev beta and doesnt understand the meaning of beta. from a developer standpoint, for that reasoning they made the correct decision i think.

that said, i had OS2 beta, and updated the beta and still have appworld, although id bet if i did a wipe then i wouldnt lol
    kbz1960 and Jake2826 like this.
    11-02-11 10:46 AM
    So anyone that has this, anything else different? Anything newly broken since the last 2.0 beta? Anything better? Is this the same new UI/folders? Do Android Apps need to be sideloaded again or do existing Apps work ok after the update?
    11-02-11 10:47 AM
    11-02-11 10:50 AM
    So anyone that has this, anything else different? Anything newly broken since the last 2.0 beta? Anything better? Is this the same new UI/folders? Do Android Apps need to be sideloaded again or do existing Apps work ok after the update?
    i would like to know also.
    11-02-11 10:52 AM
    Well sorry guys, my Appworld is still there. I upgrade my OS to 2.0.0.3894 and there it is.
    I moved Appworld to my second screen, but i cannot believe that RIM is that stupid? :-)

The GPS-fix on Android is amazing! I have never seen a quick fix (inhouse) that fast yet! Not even on my iPhone,
    11-02-11 10:52 AM
    i would like to know also.
    Existing apps work. I even have the feeling that the Android apps are working better and do not crash that often. Well installed it 1 hour ago, still working on it.
    GPS-fix on Android is amazing!
    11-02-11 10:54 AM
    Does RIM actually think through any of the decisions it makes. Just unbelievable...
    11-02-11 10:54 AM
    Existing apps work. I even have the feeling that the Android apps are working better and do not crash that often. Well installed it 1 hour ago, still working on it.
    GPS-fix on Android is amazing!
    can u find out for me how much mb of the ram is it on a fresh start up? thanks
    11-02-11 10:56 AM
    Yup. App world still is in tact on my update. Just don't wipe, maybe?
    11-02-11 10:58 AM
    Does RIM actually think through any of the decisions it makes. Just unbelievable...
    Read BBThemes post above. Makes sense.
    11-02-11 10:59 AM
    something like 361mb fresh?
    11-02-11 11:02 AM
    With one hand they giveth and the other they take away.

Do you need any more proof that RIM are completely out of touch with their user base? No doubt they had a huge number of downloads of 2.0 and for some reason think that its bad that end users are eager to get updated software so now they intentionally cripple the update.

Lets not mention that any dev now wanting to keep using 2.0 to develop the NDK now has to have their device crippled but hey devs would never use their tablet like ordinary people.
    Dude, calm down. This is not the official release. Why in the world would they deliberately remove app world just to annoy non developers.....??
    Last edited by elle-ade; 11-02-11 at 12:01 PM. Reason: word was censored
    Barljo likes this.
    11-02-11 12:00 PM
    From John @ BB Beta Zone

RE: BlackBerry PlayBook OS v2.0 Developer Beta Update Now Available
    Nov 2, 2011 12:11pm

App World was not removed and should be seen by everyone.

Thanks,

John
    KermEd likes this.
    11-02-11 12:05 PM
    - BlackBerry WebWorks applications can now successfully call GPS
    - Wi-Fi� profiles are now saved and no longer disappear during tablet reboots
    - No App World
    Would an example of this be the mobile Nokia Maps webpage? I am a little confused what webworks is limited to, if its only .bar files or also includes web apps through the browser.
    11-02-11 12:13 PM
    How are people finding it? Does it run better than the first 2.0 beta did?
    Is Bridge still blocked?
    11-02-11 01:39 PM
    Appworld is indeed still in the update and it also works just fine. Just updated Evernote after installing .3894.

Haven't had much time to play with it yet but Bridge is still blocked. Will update if I find anything of note.
    Last edited by JANik; 11-02-11 at 01:45 PM.
    11-02-11 01:42 PM
    I installed he update and everything seems to be working properly. Thanks RIM.
    11-02-11 01:49 PM
    It sure would be nice if they gave us an update to 1.0.7.3312...

*sigh* that sure would be nice.
    It's coming... February 2012... did you miss the memo?

(Sorry, couldn't resist )
    11-02-11 01:51 PM
    So they take it out, realise how dumb that was, and put it back again - presumably hoping nobody noticed (except I guess the really early downloaders).

LOL... no, really, LOL, LOLOLOLOLOL.

You couldn't make this disorganisation up!
    11-02-11 02:00 PM
    Hi folks. I upgraded to the first bets of os2 and all was working ok, considering. However, this morning, something started causing constant battery drain (from fully charged to 30% in a few hours with no use). I've got battery guru installed and could see a constant 2w or so being used. I was on the verge of downgrading when I saw the latest release appear, so I've now upgraded. Unfortunately, no difference. I've since tried a security wipe, again no change.

Has anyone else seen this, or any suggestions where to look before I try a downgrade back to 1.07xx ?

Thanks
    11-02-11 02:11 PM
    So now you have to install a not officially supported, non-GA'd OS on your Playbook to get updates!?!
    11-02-11 02:14 PM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD